February 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In - week of 12/12

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating.

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - is there anything that no one told you about pregnancy that you've found out during this one?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In - week of 12/12

• Options
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 29w 2d Feb 25th Blue!!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) RLS RLP heartburn.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Really good. 

5. When is your next appointment? Had an appointment today next one is Dec 29th.  

6. Rants/raves/whatever Just super excited that we are so close.. Can't wait to meet this little guy. Counting down the weeks. 

7. Anything else on your mind? Can not wait until Holiday break so kids can be home from school.. I really love having them home and family time. 

8. GTKY - is there anything that no one told you about pregnancy that you've found out during this one? Nope. 
  • Options
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 30w6d, due Feb 14, team pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) - tired, insomnia doesn't help with that - and achy abdomen that OB says is likely braxton hicks and that they can leave you feeling tender

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) - better - had an U/S today because she doesn't move in a way that I can feel - she's clearly moving I just can't feel it - tech was surprised at what I wasn't feeling...

5. When is your next appointment? had one today - next is the 28th

6. Rants/raves/whatever - MIL thinks it is "funny" to joke with DH that if we both like the name Julia/Giulia but can't agree on the spelling that he should just fill out the paperwork while I'm asleep (no J in the Italian alphabet - we're going with an Italian name, not just an Italian sounding name). I said that would be fine if he wanted to figure out how to legally change her name to be spelled with a G afterward. DH maintains she was joking - and I know he would never do that but seriously WTF?! She's also asked if he gets to pick the name of our next child because this one will have an Italian name - seriously? he's still choosing the name, there is just a heritage constraint... Sorry - this should likely go in a different thread but it is my rant right now...

7. Anything else on your mind? I wish I could feel baby girl move more - but she's growing and looks healthy so I'll take it

8. GTKY - is there anything that no one told you about pregnancy that you've found out during this one? Maybe how much time is spent breastfeeding - DH was surprised at the class yesterday - I didn't realize that the timing was from the start of one session to the start of the next (like contractions) rather than the end of one to the start of the next... 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FromAstaraelFromAstarael member
    edited December 2016
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 30 weeks, team Pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms): just keeping on. Still nauseous, getting a bit of heartburn. Can't breath if I lay flat. Have to pee all the damn time.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise): not the best. I'm always anxious before an appointment and for the last few days baby has been moving less in the mornings, though her evening activity seems pretty normal. I try to tell myself shes just getting cramped but it makes me unhappy. 

5. When is your next appointment?: Thursday, for the 30 week check.

6. Rants/raves/whatever: Really happy for the series of 3 day weekends that is coming up. I need the break.

7. Anything else on your mind?: Trying to not stress about seeing my unkind sister later this week. I've decided that if she tells me how fat I am I get to smack her, and blame the pregnancy hormones.

8. GTKY - is there anything that no one told you about pregnancy that you've found out during this one?: That the vomiting could last the entire pregnancy. So over it. At least with the new emojis on 10.2 I have a face that shows how I feel.

• Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating) I haven't participated in a while, but I've been on the board pretty much since the beginning. I have one daughter who's 4 and we had a miscarriage September 2015. We're hoping that this will be our rainbow baby.

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? I'll be 32w on Monday. We're team pink.

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Mostly ok. My hips have been hurting quite a bit, but other than that it's been ok.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) This was the main reason I decided to participate today. My anxiety has been through the roof. I was anxious as it was because I found out I had GD, but the doctors calmed my fears pretty well. I then told my best friend that I found out I had GD and she told me to get induced ASAP. I asked why and she said because her friend lost her baby at 38w and she had GD too. Cue me freaking out. 

5. When is your next appointment? 12/21 I'm hoping to get a little bit more of an idea of what my doctor is thinking as far as delivery and whatnot. I haven't met with him since I found out I have GD.

8. GTKY - is there anything that no one told you about pregnancy that you've found out during this one? I found out that GD sucks big time. I didn't realize how much extra work it is and how hard it is to track everything you eat. Whenever I've gone on a diet in the past, I've always had loads of trouble tracking what I'm eating. Now I have to do that for every bite I take. It's rough.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    phlox728 said:
    5. When is your next appointment? 
    12/28 we start weekly BPPs until delivery. 12/30 we will do 2 rounds of steroids for his lungs since he will be a preemie at 36w6d on delivery day. Praying hard we will all go home together! 
    Praying you guys get to go home all together as well!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    @Aussie45 I know it's really rough getting a curveball when we're already worried but try not to let that comment stress you too much. I know that's much easier said than done but there may have been other complications with that situation besides GD, you just don't know. Your doc will be keeping an eye on you and the baby. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @becbec28 Thank you. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but like you said, it's easier said than done. I was already nervous about everything then I got my GD diagnoses. I think once I talk with my OB next Wednesday that will help ease some of my fears. I haven't met with him since the diagnoses so I'm not sure what he's thinking in terms of delivery or anything else. I'm interested to see what he has to say.
  • Options
    2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? Team Blue, 32+5

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) So tired and non stop peeing. Baby is pushing up against my stomach so eating has been tough for the past weekish and I can't wait to breathe again.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) This is a tough week for me, this is right before my water broke with my first baby and I've been having contractions since the weekend so I'm a little paranoid

5. When is your next appointment? This Friday, usual appointments

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

8. GTKY - is there anything that no one told you about pregnancy that you've found out during this one?
  • Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)
    I haven't checked in in a while. I have a 3 you DS and m/c in may, before this PG. 

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 32 weeks, blue

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) it's horrible, but I am coping. counting down the days. 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) lots, but I'll be ok. counting the days. 

5. When is your next appointment? tomorrow. I am HR x2 (GD and AMA) so I have 4 appointments a week. PT for my hip because I am an old pg lady. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever so glad to be 32 weeks! 7 to go! 

in regard to the GD DX, it's HR but many, many women have healthy babies. I did and my friends have. My friends who lost a baby late in PG had other different complications (not GD) hopefully you're seeing the right professionals and they are watching you closely. 

it's not my first rodeo. I didn't have this hip problem before, so that was unexpected. but I am doing ok. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017