September 2015 Moms

Best over night diapers?

we have been using pampers baby dry for ever with no problems! However, the past week or two She has been peeing through and soaking herself. She sleeps 12-14 hours at night and spends a lot of time on her belly so I'm guess Thats why but i feel bad :( She's size five and moved her up to 6 and it didn't make a difference. I tried huggies 12 hour and still had the same problem. So before I go and buy another brand I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations! Thanks!

Re: Best over night diapers?

• Cloth diapers - it's the ONLY thing we found that contains her urine without leaks and I stopped giving her a bedtime bottle -  I had been giving her 8 oz right before bed and she would soak her diapers within hours. Now I give her the bottle much earlier in the afternoon and just filled her up on food before bedtime. It has helped a ton. 
  • Double diaper if she's leaking through. If it's coming out by her belly you can use a second diaper on the inside to make a belly extension. There's a youtube video on preventing diaper blow-outs that shows how to do this. She recommends putting them in a onsie because it keeps the extended diaper flat against their bodies
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome! Thanks guys I always feel so bad when she's wet in the morning I'll try tomorrow :) 
  • I use pampers cruisers size 4 during the day and for night I use huggies night diapers in size 5. They seem to work great for us! 
  • Huggies overnight diapers are the only thing that works for us. My little guy has a similar sleep schedule and sleep habits. They are more expensive but so worth it. I also find coupons for them in our Sunday paper frequently. 
  • There are also diaper liners you can use.  Amazon sells them and they're called diaper sposies.  Like a pad but for diapers.  
  • Target brand is our favorite around here. Baby sleeps for 12 hours at night with no diaper change and those diapers hold A LOT! 
  • missliz53 said:
    Double diaper if she's leaking through. If it's coming out by her belly you can use a second diaper on the inside to make a belly extension. There's a youtube video on preventing diaper blow-outs that shows how to do this. She recommends putting them in a onsie because it keeps the extended diaper flat against their bodies
    We're going to try the double diapering tonight. We tried out Sposies (the insert) and they worked for awhile, but now LO is getting a diaper rash because the material is irritating his skin at the bottom of the pad where it rubs on him. Hoping doubling up does the trick! He's just been soaked in the morning, and the diaper is definitely not too small and is already sized up. 
  • I've found a big difference between the Pampers Crusiers vs the Pampers Swaddlers. The crusiers are more likely to leak. We use size 3 Swaddlers (she's petite), and they hardly ever soak through her normal 12 hour night. I've never heard of doubling up; I'll have to look that up! Good luck, OP! 
  • Target brand is our favorite around here. Baby sleeps for 12 hours at night with no diaper change and those diapers hold A LOT! 
    Piper had an allergic reaction to the Up & Ups which was too bad, because they're a bargain!  :/
    Piper had an allergic reaction to the Up & Ups which was too bad, because they're a bargain!  :/
    Ugh, that sucks. They are a great deal! Emma is busting out of her size 5s, Can't believe how petite Piper is! 
    Ugh, that sucks. They are a great deal! Emma is busting out of her size 5s, Can't believe how petite Piper is! 
    Luckily we have a crazy coupon lady that does "stockpile" sales & we usually get Pampers for cheap! The last time Piper weighed in, she was right at 21 lbs! I wish I had her metabolism! 
  • Tried out the double-diapering last night and it worked! No wet PJs or sheets this morning!

We use Costco's Kirkland brand, so diapers aren't as expensive as others so I don't mind using one additional a night if it prevents dealing with wet PJs and sheets in the morning and keeps him comfortable and dry!
  • I use honest company and their overnight diapers are amazing. My LO sleeps 12 hours straight at night as well. Up until we swapped to the honest co overnights we had the same problem (and I tried pampers and huggies night time brands with no luck)
  • Definitely Kirkland brand from Costco.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited December 2016
    mill1020 said:
    Definitely Kirkland brand from Costco.
    We love these, but our LO was leaking through these too (mostly on weekend nights when he sleeps 12 hours straight) ... but we doubled them up at night and now no leaks!
  • How do you double up?  Just one put on top of the other?

• keggen said:
    How do you double up?  Just one put on top of the other?

Yup, that's what we do! And we have a boy, so we make sure both diapers go up to his belly button :)