April 2017 Moms
Options

Baby/birth scrapbook?

Does anyone know of a great (simple) birth book? I'm trying to find something close to what my mom had with me. I just want a place to add sonogram photos, baby information (size/weight/etc,) baby hospital bracelet, baby photos of first few weeks, baby name list...

I'm looking on Amazon so I can add it to my baby registry but so many of these are like age 1-5 years or really involved with logging pregnancy week by week and I just want something more like right before birth to a few weeks after. 

Any leads?
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Baby/birth scrapbook?

• Options
    The Belly Book!  I have one for each of my first two children.  I need to get on the ball and get one for this baby. It has a short page for each week, a place for birth story, places for u/s pics, a page for footprints after birth, etc.  Super cute and easy to use.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    @MWoodside

I really wish I had done the Belly Book with my 1st.  Instead I decided to do a pregnancy journal AND a baby book.  So now I have to do the same for the 2nd!  There are some empty pages on my son's baby book but hey, who can really keep up with a journal/scrapbook these days!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0102LGZUA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am a scrapper, so I don't need a baby book, because I will be scrapping from birth on. I just feel weird scrapping my pregnancies. I really like this for my pregnancy book. Almost everything is prompted, but it has room to add more if you want. I didnt want to do a "week-by-week", because I dont alway change that often. I didnt document anything when pregnant with DS, and I really regretted it. 

• Options
    I wasn't thrilled with any of the week-by-week books I saw on Amazon, so I'm making a photobook throughout my pregnancy. I use the website Mixbook (mainly since I've used them before and know how to navigate, and they have a pregnancy template), but I'm sure other sites like Shutterfly have something similar. I've been putting in sonogram pics, important stats, dates and pics from when we told people, and bump pics every two weeks! There's also a place to write a birth story and share lots of newborn pics. Only thing it doesn't have is a place to store things like the hospital bracelet. I'll have to figure out something else to do with that. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @schef070911 You could put the hospital/newborn memorabilia in a 12x12 frame to display. I did that with DS. Lots of ideas for that on pinterest as well. 
  • Options
    It's not a scrapbook but my husband bought me a Promptly Journal and I really like it. https://promptlyjournals.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't put anything together yet, but I want to do something like a "belly/birth" scrapbook for each of my kids with pictures of the tests, little blurbs about how I told dad, how we told the world we were expecting, progression belly pics, and labor/birth photos.

It's really hard for me to accept my first son's birth, but I also think he will like knowing a history of how he was born. For that reason, I've saved things like his hospital barcode bracelet and his hat, which I HATE because I hate the hospital experience so much, but he might want them. We also took pictures of his time in the NICU which are super painful to recall.

Of course I'm hoping that baby brother's birth will be completely different, but I'm hoping by documenting both births in the same way they will both know that they were very much wanted and we were so excited for each to arrive.
  • Options
    I didn't like any of those books either, so I just made a Shutterfly book with all of that stuff in it instead. I also made a shadow box of all of his hospital things (hat, bracelet, footprints, etc.).

I keep a family scrapbook that has pages for all of our major life events since our wedding, so there's a page in there with his ultrasound pictures, the birth announcement, newborn photos, etc. There's also a page for his first birthday party (that we had guests sign), and I'm working on baby girl's ultrasound page now. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've actually really liked the Sophie The Giraffe book I bought. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want Sophie the Giraffe on the cover, but it has the best pages and so much good info to fill in! I didn't like any of the other bump/pregnancy books I looked at in person and I found it hard to pick one from online. I've been really happy with this one! 
  • Options
    I bought the Lucy Darling Baby's First Year Book. It's super cute and has a place for most of the things you mentioned.