December 2016 Moms
Options

D16 DECEMBER ROLL CALL!!

2»

Re: D16 DECEMBER ROLL CALL!!

• Options
    @mimi603107 oh man, reliant k... that takes me back to my youth group days haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pensivecrayon two Christmases ago, my then 5 year old was addicted to listening to Sufjan Stevens Christmas album...I swear we listened to it hundreds of times and well past Christmas until finally my husband couldn't listen to it anymore lol. 

@christinaruth74 yeah my husband really introduced me to that kind of music during our senior year in high school and throughout college. He listened to a lot of relient k, dashboard confessional, something corporate, death cab, yellowcard, Ben folds....and those are always good ole stand bys for me, plus super nostalgic for me at this point lol. He always called dashboard his "feeling sorry for myself" playlist  :D
  • Options
    @mimi603107 dashboard is my all time favorite band! So many heart eyes for Chris Carrabba
  • Options

1) How many DAYS left (til due date/induction/rcs)? - - or - - How many weeks old? Boy? Girl? Surprise?

Boy.  29 Days till DD.  I have a growth scan tomorrow so maybe that will change due to my GD.  Still really hoping he shows up in December instead of January :)

2) How are you feeling?

Huge, tired, nauseous and STARVING at the same time, sore everywhere between my knees and ribs, exhausted... 

3) Name an activity that you're really excited to share with your little one - whatever age.

Right now, maternity leave.  All the snuggles I can get and alone time with the baby, maybe the most alone time we will ever have in his life. And not working.  I'm so ready for a break from this place.

4) What are your favorite holiday albums (if you hate holiday music, Metallica is an ok answer too...)

Trans Siberian Orchestra!

• Options
    @ea301 lol, I swear I just heard your phrase "whoever said you sleep better with a newborn is full of crap!!!" Sleeping better... well, if the newborn actually sleeps? Maybe.
    Sleeping more comfortably?- yes, that's me. I'm so insanely uncomfortable sleeping on my side and my vag feels like it's going to split in 2 every time I move in bed! I am SO looking forward to sleeping on my back!!! I'm a back sleeper though. 
    Hang in there, I remember feeling that way with DD1, just trying to take care of her. Then when she was about 1 month and more alert to me, something amazing clicked. If she didn't see me, she stayed still, but as soon as she saw me she would start bicycle kicking like crazy! We started peek a boo, kissing neck farts, tickling- getting her to smile was the best and made for some great connection. 

@LinziLoo09 I spent 5 minutes thinking of a haiku and nothing works in my brain. I finally gave up. Your haiku is perfect!!!! I love it! And I really started giggling. Made my day.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @aevan011 Hahaha your haiku is the story of my life!!
     We are due date buddies- hopefully we get our babies sooner than later! I can't take much more of the calls and texts! 
  • Options
    @mrsg2390 My Dr will induce at 41 weeks so I'm doing all I can to urge baby on! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1) How many DAYS left (til due date/induction/rcs)? - - or - - How many weeks old? Boy? Girl? Surprise? 
    20 days until my due date!  We're having a boy.

2) How are you feeling?
    Pregnancy wise, not too bad.  Stairs are my worst enemy and I'm pretty tired most of the time but really I feel very lucky to feel as good as I do at this point.  Emotionally, can't quite wrap my head around the idea that he will be here so soon.  It feels like we've been waiting forever and I can't believe it's really going to happen soon!

3) Name an activity that you're really excited to share with your little one - whatever age.
    Reading!  So excited to share all my favorite books. I know DH is ready to share his millions of Legos, too.

4) What are your favorite holiday albums (if you hate holiday music, Metallica is an ok answer too...)
    I love holiday music, but don't have a favorite album.  I listen to just about anything, except the Christmas Shoes song.  I change the station if that comes on.
  • Options
    @thedaint87 "Sir I wanna buy these shoes...for my mama, please..." :lol: I feel the same way about that song as you. Bleeding. Ears.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options

20 days. We are having a little boy, Leif. I don't think he's going to wait that long to come.

2) How are you feeling?

Awful, It's hard to walk. I'm exhausted and heartburn is going to be the death of me. I'm starting to have some swelling in my legs and feet so I'm going to ask about that tomorrow since they have been worried about preeclampisa.

Everything! I'm exciting to read with him and cook. I'm excited to see Dh spend time with him.

Trans Siberian Orchestra!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Baby Girl is due in 6 days! But I hope she waits a couple days longer...
    2) How are you feeling?
    Most of the day I feel fine, but come evening my back hurts getting low abdomen cramps. I had to stand in the shower for 20 minutes tonight to get some relief...
    I'm super looking forward to reading with her and building Legos!
    Pentatonix has an awesome Christmas album!
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    1. Our surprise is due in 23 days

2.  Overall OK. But I do regularly get hit with night cramps, heartburn, and shortness of breath.

3.  I'm looking forward to road trips and camping. I did this often as a child, and that time with my family was irreplaceable.

4.  Another person who is not a big fan. If I have to choose something, it would be a classic Christmas song.
  • Options

22 days until my due date!! Baby girl :) 

2) How are you feeling?
    I feel done. Sore, nesting off and on, a little grumpy haha, whale-esque. A man at church last week spoke to me and I smiled and he said to me and my friend, "that smile. She has the smile of someone who is ready to be done." I don't know how awful I looked but it was accurate! 

Christmas! I hope she's here by then so we can have some sort of Christmas with both of our little girls. 

I love all of them. Transiberian Orchestra will always be high on my list though!

Bonus: Due date month haiku - (5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables)

Hey there Ella girl
    Kindly get off my bladder
    Can't wait to meet you! <3

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    RCS is scheduled for Monday! 2 days :) and we are team blue :)

2) How are you feeling?
    Super nervous for the RCS, super hopeful for spontaneous labor, super bummed at the idea of no labor signs 

Christmas traditions- christmas light scavenger hunt, Christmas Eve

I love all the holiday music!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options

16 days until Spencer's due date!

2) How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good.  I wear out fast but other then that...

I can't wait to read Harry Potter with him.  :)

Not sure.  I do like holiday music though.

Christmas is coming
    Spencer is coming also
    Time to celebrate!
  • Options
    1. Girl, RCS scheduled for 12/15.
    2. OK, just sick of all of the heartburn, regardless of what I eat.
    3. The Xmas Italian traditions - all of the baking and homemade ravioli.
    4. *NSYNC album from the 90s lol, Pentatonix, and Frank Sinatra.
  • Options

15 days until baby boy hopefully arrives!

2) How are you feeling?

Heavy, puffy, and easily exhausted.

I am so excited for snuggles and nuzzles against mommy's neck and shoulders! Baby cuddles are the think I am excited for the absolute most.

Baby It's Cold Outside!

No movement down there.
    Stay a little bit longer.
    I don't really care.
  • Options
    kattyc-2kattyc-2 member
    edited December 2016
    17 days till her due date

2) How are you feeling?
    mood = good, we've made a ton of progress in the past couple weeks, but I'm still a bit nervous for delivery. 
    body=beat up. Hand and foot pain with some swelling, groin & pelvic pain, so hard to get up out of bed. Honestly being able to work from home makes it all bearable. 

looking forward to taking her to see the Nutcracker 

my fave is Charlie Brown Christmas, and I love the classics. 

ETA: forgot my haiku! (So forgetful these days!)
    December, you're here!
    Last roll call! Baby girl we
    love you, see you soon!
  • Options

1 week PP with my sweet boy Eaton 

2) How are you feeling? 

Kind of like a deflated bag, but I'm a happy deflated bag. 

Every activity. I'm so excited and thankful I get to be his mommy. I want to do whatever he wants to do and enjoy it with him. Most pressingly, I'm excited to share this first Christmas with him, he's the best Christmas miracle I've ever experienced and the answer to so many prayers.  

Always favorites are Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" and Hanson's "Snowed In." I've been enjoying Michael Bublé's album for a couple of years now too. Weirdly I can't get enough of the song "O Come Emmanuel" lately. I would play it on a loop if it wouldn't be massively annoying to everyone else. :) 

I love you so much
    You came a little early 
    But you're right on time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1) How many DAYS left (til due date/induction/rcs)? 

17 days to go until EDD!

2) How are you feeling?

Over it, if I'm being honest.  I've been having some issues with swelling and high BP here and there, I'm at the point where I'd like them to just tell me they're inducing me.  I feel like a jerk constantly calling my OB's office with another symptom that they need to bring me in to do testing for.  As long as the baby is healthy, I'm ready to go.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, so I'll say "story time".  I can't wait to see what books LO will respond to, will it be one of my favorites, or my FI's favorites?  So many exciting things to find out!

My sister and I have an ongoing joke that we have to play the Oakridge Boys Christmas Album every year.  It's cheesy and odd, but it reminds us of when my mom used to play it on her record player when we were younger.  We know all the songs and can't help but laugh when we listen to it.

Coming to the end
    So excited to meet you
    Only a few weeks

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Almost 2 weeks old, girl!

2) How are you feeling?
    Fantastic, I wish I could go back to work and take her with me!

Cuddling up, watching movies with popcorn and hot chocolate!
  • Options
    I'm late to the party.

Was due the 9th, but 4 days until I'm induced!

2) How are you feeling?
    Impatient! I want to meet this little one. Sleeping is getting more and more difficult. I’m having tons of contractions and I feel like my cervix is ripping in 2 at least 5 times a day.

Everything! I can’t wait to take them fishing, do baking/cooking with them, go to comic conventions…just everything DH and I do we are going to share with our LO. And I cannot wait to see how they react to everything!

I don’t really have one, I just listen to music on the radio or Pandora. I really don’t even listen to Christmas music until it gets closer to Christmas. It annoys me.

Overdue child
    You need to come out right now
    We want to meet you!

Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker