February 2017 Moms

PGAL Check in - 12/5

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - Do you live in a cold or warm climate? If cold, do you have snow yet? Do you like snow?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL Check in - 12/5

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 29 weeks, team Pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms): Alright. have to pee very frequently, and a bit of heartburn. Pain and nausea are still ongoing.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise): I'm actually ok this week. Baby has been very active, so that is reassuring. and I don't have gestational diabetes!

5. When is your next appointment? Next Thursday, for my 30 week appointment.

6. Rants/raves/whatever: The floor is my sworn enemy.

7. Anything else on your mind?: Baby has her back against my belly button, so all her kicks and punches are internal. Ow. Anyone have any tips on getting her to move? So far poking her hasn't done anything.

8. GTKY - Do you live in a cold or warm climate? If cold, do you have snow yet? Do you like snow?: Both! I'm in DC so it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I love the seasons. I wish there was better skiing around here, but I love that every few months the weather changes, unlike the PNW, which is where I'm from.

• 1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)
    28 years old and pregnant for the first time since our miscarriage last year at 13 weeks. 

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?
    30 weeks. EDD February 15th. Team Blue.

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)
    I feel completely normal until I get up. Under my belly has been VERY sore for weeks. It started on the right side but now it is pretty much the whole front underneath.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 
    Until last week I had completely forgotten that your baby has to get into a certain position to be born vaginally. Remembering that I may have to have major surgery to meet our little guy gave me a little bit of a panic - but I have no idea how he is facing now, so there may be no cause to worry.

5. When is your next appointment? 
    Tomorrow

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    I am having dental surgery tomorrow. Not excited about it. All the products have been okayed by my midwives, but still. Also not wanting to take pain medication afterwards, but may have to deal with that as it comes.

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - Do you live in a cold or warm climate? If cold, do you have snow yet? Do you like snow?
    Colorado. It snowed overnight Tuesday and this morning it was below zero. Winter is my favorite season so I enjoy it. Besides the fall was SO mild, it's about time we get some dang snow!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating) - I've participated in the past but the past few months have kicked my arse at work so I don't participate regularly. I had a MC at 7 weeks last Christmas.

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 30w3d due Feb 14 team pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) - ok - sore under my belly - but I'll talk to the OB about it next week 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) - pretty good - she doesn't move much some days but I have an anterior placenta and am thinking that is factoring into it a lot - plus she's a mover and shaker based on the U/S but even when she does move it is usually light. My bigger issue is the sadness I'm starting to feel as we come up to the date of my MC - the anniversary of my first BFP was more sad than the passing of my EDD - we had a photo of the two of us taken that night and we were so happy and had a secret we were keeping and so naive. I mourn the naiveté that we had...

5. When is your next appointment? ultrasound scheduled on Monday, with a regular OB appointment - initially offered for 6 weeks from a week ago but OB moved it to this Monday (so 2 weeks from our last appointment) to ease PgAL brain. She's brisk and to the point almost to a fault, but I really feel heard and cared for now. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever - started child birth classes and DH says it was "way more helpful than he thought it would be" no sh!t sherlock! We have 5 classes this month because I'd rather try to get them done while I'm on break and don't have to get up the next day... so 3 childbirth ones, 1 caring for a newborn, and 1 breastfeeding one... I need to find a baby CPR and first aid one still.

7. Anything else on your mind? we'll be moving a month before my EDD to our new home - I'm excited and hopeful that we'll have our own place to take DD home to (versus the condo we're renting) - but I wish we could get things set up earlier. 

8. GTKY - Do you live in a cold or warm climate? If cold, do you have snow yet? Do you like snow? Warm climate (TX) but originally from Calgary Canada (moved in August) - so no snow but I miss it so bad. This week it has gotten "cold" and I love turning off the heat/AC and having it go down to 64-66 in the condo at night. I'm sleeping so well - though I may have to set the heat to 68 for DH (he'd like it at 72-74...) - I get up first in the morning and turn on the heat so he has it warm when he eventually wakes up 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @FromAstarael - to get baby to move you could try some prenatal yoga moves - they mentioned some in my baby class this week. The best description I could give you is to look up "cat" and "cow" - you could do those on all fours, and maybe hula your hips while in a neutral position between "cat" and "cow". Another that could maybe work would be to put your hands on a wall, feet hip or just wider than hip width apart, then walk your feet away from the wall slowly and move your hands down the wall - until you have your back flat like a table and you make sort of a box shape with your body and the wall/floor - then again, hula your hips or make a figure 8. Apparently these two moves make space for baby to shift and move his/her position. If I think of any other moves, or any come up in my yoga class on Sunday I'll try to remember to check in here and update this post.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you @catiecatp! I've been doing a lot of yoga so I can move (old ballet injuries baby is reactivating) but I will be sure to try the wall walk down! I have noticed she kicks a lot when I'm doing cat/cows and down dog, but I'll try the hula shake to see if that motivates her to put her feet somewhere a bit less bony. I think she's just a stubborn baby though. Funny little one...