September 2015 Moms

Best sippy cup

What would everyone say is the best sippy cup they have? I have so many different ones and they either leak or my daughter just doesn't seem to drink what she should be out of them like she is having trouble getting the milk out or something. I have a transition cup that she uses most of the time and has no issues with it. She will drink so much more milk if she has that cup. Just curious which cups you all would recommend. Thank you! 

Re: Best sippy cup

• We use the nuby cups or the munchkin 360  I've tried others...lots and lots of others and these are the 2 that stuck  
  • The Munchkin 360 is the best sippy I've used in the last 10 years of having kids. It's spoutless, spill-proof, and dentist recommended. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Munchkin 360 which I love, but lo won't drink milk out of it. For milk, she uses a nook soft spout sippy that I cut the leak-proof parts out of. We had the same problem with other sippy as you did, where she couldn't get the liquid out. 
  • I hate the lid of the munchkin 360 for cleaning. I preferred Wow baby cups (the shorter ones with handles). Spoutless, and it gets perfectly clean in the dishwasher (munchkin always gets water and gunk pooled in the crevice). I ended up buying a few more to use with my daycare kids because they don't leak. 

Initially for for milk I used a Nuk learner (silicone soft spout), but the spouts are easily chewed. I replaced the spouts (available online) and LO chewed through one in 2 days, so I only give her the wow cup now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also love the Munchkin 360, but LO will only drink water out of it, so we use the Munchkin weighted straw cups for milk. LO loves them, but they do leak if he throws them and are a bit of a pain to clean!
  • Munchkin 360, but she only gets water still,  we haven't tried milk yet so not sure for that
  • We love the Munchkin 360 for juice, water, and the occasional cold milk. I had a friend ask me if my DD could drink smoothies out of it & I said probably not. Does anyone have a recommendation on a cup for thicker drinks like smoothies? TIA. 
  • We just bought munchkin 360 and my son loves it! If you hand wash and don't like gunk in your parts you can use denture cleaner for those hard to clean baby items. 
  • Has any one found a sippy cup with a spout (not hard plastic) that LO cant bite through? We LOVE Munchkin bite proof ones (reinforced) however he is like a piranha and is through it in 2 days.  He will NOT drink from a hard plastic spout, we have done the weighted straw but he has bitten that so much something happened where the milk / water would literally travel UP the straw when it was just sitting there and end up all over the floor/table. I am at a loss.... and out of money to keep buying these cups because munchkin doesn't make the extra spouts for the reinforced spouts. 
  • We use a Noon soft spout. I don't know if it's bite proof, but I got it specifically because you can replace the spouts. 
  • We use the nuby soft spout. They are pretty cheap and they sell replacement spouts on amazon. 
  • Has any one found a sippy cup with a spout (not hard plastic) that LO cant bite through? We LOVE Munchkin bite proof ones (reinforced) however he is like a piranha and is through it in 2 days.  He will NOT drink from a hard plastic spout, we have done the weighted straw but he has bitten that so much something happened where the milk / water would literally travel UP the straw when it was just sitting there and end up all over the floor/table. I am at a loss.... and out of money to keep buying these cups because munchkin doesn't make the extra spouts for the reinforced spouts. 
    Have you tried the Munchkin 360? It's not a spout, but it's really easy to drink from (and probably not as tempting to bite). My LO loves this cup for water. Worth trying if you haven't already!
  • Funny I am just seeing this, we bought the Munchkin 360 this past weekend to try. He loves it and thinks hes so cool drinking like us out of a cup ha It worked great until he threw it (which is also a new habit) and the blue part came right off and spilled all of the milk all over my daycare provider's floor :(  He can't bite it but he also gets the liquid to come out and lets it drip down his chin (enter a BIG eye roll...) this kid is killing me! ha
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited January 2017
    Funny I am just seeing this, we bought the Munchkin 360 this past weekend to try. He loves it and thinks hes so cool drinking like us out of a cup ha It worked great until he threw it (which is also a new habit) and the blue part came right off and spilled all of the milk all over my daycare provider's floor :(  He can't bite it but he also gets the liquid to come out and lets it drip down his chin (enter a BIG eye roll...) this kid is killing me! ha
    Hahaha! My kiddo is a huge fan of throwing his cups too - halfway across the room and as hard as he can! He thinks it's funny. He'll even dangle them first by a finger with a mischievous grin on his face watching for our reaction, then chucks them, shuts his eyes and flinches when they hit the floor, then pretends to have a shocked reaction on his face like "how did that happen?" It's really hard not to laugh, except I'm pretty tired of cleaning up the spilled milk and water all the time!

We've never had the rubber piece come off (was it snapped on all the way - seems like it'd be hard to come off that easily?), but ours does leak if he chucks it super hard and it's laying on the floor at a certain angle. Our LO also loves the weighted straw cups for milk, but once he chucks those, the milk bubbles up in the straw and continues to leak until you release the pressure by undoing the cap. Oy. 

I've actually started teaching my LO to clean up his own mess after meals, lol. He was so interested in watching us clean up the floor afterward all the time, standing right there watching, so now I hand him a paper towel and he helps clean up, and I just point to the milk/water spots and he wipes it right up, then we head over to the garbage and he throws the paper towel away. It's hilarious that he thinks that's fun, but hey, I'll take any help cleaning that I can get!
  • babycreelbabycreel member
    edited February 2017
    I like the 360 cups for water - I really like that they are spout less. I use the Gerber graduates sippy cups for milk - I have hard and soft spout ones of those. My favorite is this one  https://www.target.com/p/gerber-graduates-advance-2-handle-trainer-sippy-cup/-/A-15262683?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9007691&gclid=CKXE0f3L8tECFYWKswodAx8IYQ&gclsrc=aw.ds.  But I like like that they are easy to clean and don't leak. 

Ones I don't like we're the nuby brand sippy cups. They always seemed to leak for us. So we got rid of those for good.