May 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 12/6

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions...

GTKY:What is your favorite meal to cook? 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 12/6

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Tuesday Tickers!

How far along are you?
    18 weeks!

How big is baby?
    the size of an artichoke or sweet potato

Appointments this week?
    none this week. 

Symptoms?
    intermittent back & hip pain. Back pain is kind of random whereas hip pain is when I'm on my feet working too long without sitting breaks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions...
    My bump is getting firmer and it's definitely noticeable that I'm pregnant and not just gaining weight (woo!). 

GTKY:What is your favorite meal to cook? 
    Since H is the chef/cook in our house, I like to make one of my favorite dishes. It's chicken pesto pasta with sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. Now that we're vegetarian, I just leave out the chicken and it's just as yummy and waaaaay easier and faster to make. I also enjoyed making broccoli casserole for Thanksgiving this year, too!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsfox2008 good luck at your anatomy scan tomorrow!

@CClark2014 good luck at your appointment this Friday. Your teriyaki salmon with srirachi cream sauce sounds amazing. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 and @lilylover27 thank you ladies ❤️

@CClark2014 good luck Friday!! 

• How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? an Avocado 

Appointments this week? yesterday - they just checked the heartbeat. my anatomy scan is on 1/4/17

Symptoms? they all stopped last week. I am having trouble sleeping

Rants/Raves/Questions... none

GTKY:What is your favorite meal to cook? Fried chicken and rotini and I love taco salad as well 
  • Thanks @slowmo
    and welcome to the Tuesday Ticker :) 

• How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? Turnip

Appointments this week? none this week

Symptoms? hemorrhoids and my THIRD yeast infection with this pregnancy - can we just say
    G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

GTKY:What is your favorite meal to cook? I cook to survive... I can't say that I enjoy the process very
    much : /
       I like to make pigs-in-a-blanket because I like to eat them! 
  • Hi Tuesday girls!! 

How far along are you? 16weeks

How big is baby? Avocado/ duct tape roll (which seem like vey different sizes, but whatevs.) 

appointments this week? Nope. 

Symptoms? Just tired. And a little headachey. 

Rants/raves/questions? We switched library story times to the older group today, and it was awesome!!  Daughter is still technically a little young for the group, but she liked it so much better than the younger group!  She is my little ravenclaw, so it makes sense. 

Gtky- favorite meal to cook? I love to cook. I love to try new recipes!  I don't like a lot of casseroles or super southern food (which is because although I'm a southerner, my parents are Yankees, so I grew up not eating southern food.).  I really like Julia child's risotto!  It's super easy to make, but people are super impressed by it! 

How big is baby? Avocado!

Appointments this week? Nope, next one is the anatomy scan on 12/28

Symptoms? Headaches, and starting to actually look pregnant!

Rants/Raves/Questions... We finally told our families about the baby over Thanksgiving! They were so thrilled, and very shocked (I guess we're good at keeping secrets). It was so fun to see their reactions. We actually got it all on video--we pretended that we were taking a big group photo with both of our families together, but the camera was actually recording a video and we shouted "we're having a baby!" just before everyone would have said "cheese!" :)

GTKY: What is your favorite meal to cook? I'm definitely with @Kipperoo and @MrsFox2008 on the crock pot! (Or anything that takes 30 minutes or less...I like to cook but never have much time.) Here's a link to our favorite pot roast recipe: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/214413/three-packet-slow-cooker-roast/. And a pork tenderloin crock pot recipe that I really like with some roasted brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, and sauteed apples as sides: https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-balsamic-brown-sugar-pork-tenderloin.

And now I'm hungry...off to cook a (hopefully) simple dinner!

How big is baby? Dill pickle/ Action figure

Appointments this week? Going to an outside place to have an US tomorrow to find out the gender I cannot wait! 

Symptoms? Still puking, food aversions

Rants/Raves/Questions... ugh my best friend and her toddler were last week for a couple days and I haven't been sick in months and now am sick. Kid germs yay. 

GTKY:What is your favorite meal to cook?Depends on what I'm in the mood for sometimes it's simple like chicken in a rosemary butter sauce or others it takes a few hours. I like cooking and the satisfaction I get when it turns out. Since I've been pregnant I haven't cooked at all and raw meat still sends me hurling to the bathroom.  I also like cooking alone with the music turned up loud and I sing or dance to it. 

How big is baby? avocado 

Appointments this week? not until Jan 4th 

Symptoms? not too many this week, some random sciatic pain. 

Rants/Raves/Questions... My whole family got the flu and I started tamiflu so I never really got it full fledged, so I totally lucked out. 

GTKY:What is your favorite meal to cook? I love cooking lasagna from scratch. I also love holiday cooking and would totally love to do it all myself. Sometimes I do! Ha. Before I had my son I loved cooking intricate meals all the time. Now I like simple, healthy food and feel accomplished if I get a meal on the table everyone likes. 
  • @SWE2 Have fun seeing your little tomorrow! We are doing the elective ultrasound friday to find out the gender. I have my instinct but we will see if I'm right. I'm just excited to see the little being inside of me that I'm so in love with!! Good luck and have fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker