January 2016 Moms

Solid poop

i'm just curious if anyone knows when babies poop starts looking more like adult poop? My daughter eats a lot of solids and has 3 x 7-8 ounce bottles a day and some water. and of course since starting solids her poop has gotten thicker but the last week or so I have found some of them have been a little more solid. I don't think it's constipation because she still goes a couple times a day and doesn't seem to have trouble passing it. Just curious if anyone else is going through this 

Re: Solid poop

• Same here with my LO. Sometimes it's almost like diarrhea but lately at times it's solid. And she also goes wayyy more often now that she's on solids. 
  • Your poop would probably look mushier too if you went in a diaper lol what you're describing sounds completely normal! When we had potty trainers at my old work their poop would look different in their diapers vs if they went in the toilet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your poop would probably look mushier too if you went in a diaper lol what you're describing sounds completely normal! When we had potty trainers at my old work their poop would look different in their diapers vs if they went in the toilet.
    It isnt really mushy as opposed to more solid. Like itll roll put of the diaper when I take it off. Is that normal for this age? For it to be more adult-like?
  • cali1710 said:
    Your poop would probably look mushier too if you went in a diaper lol what you're describing sounds completely normal! When we had potty trainers at my old work their poop would look different in their diapers vs if they went in the toilet.
    It isnt really mushy as opposed to more solid. Like itll roll put of the diaper when I take it off. Is that normal for this age? For it to be more adult-like?
    Yep, normal! 
  • cali1710 said:
    Your poop would probably look mushier too if you went in a diaper lol what you're describing sounds completely normal! When we had potty trainers at my old work their poop would look different in their diapers vs if they went in the toilet.
    Yep, normal! 
    Thanks! Makes me feel better!
  • Yep formed poops are normal for some from birth. As long as they aren't hard or the babe is straining.