Happy December!! Cheers to a new week!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Discovered any new fitness challenges or needed modifications
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week as you body grows and changes
?

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

8: GTKY: Any Christmas traditions you're excited to share with LO next year? Christmas fun in general you're looking forward to this year  
?

9: challenge chatter---> day 15 (rest day) of push-ups. Hows it going? Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) and how was last week? 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Dec 5!

• Loading the player...
  • @jenny0228 keep us updated about your appointment! I hope you can get seen soon and are assured it isn't an issue. But good for you for getting it checked out just in case! I also had some of that during my last pregnancy, and it turned out to be nothing but extra blood flow mixed with fun pregnancy hormones 
    Great job with the sugar! Sounds like you have a good balance of indulgence here and there! Like I said in my check-in--that's what I need to work on. 
    I have done the poppers too! My cousins from Australia introduced us--super fun! 
  • @kjd291- I grew up with the 3 gift tradition and will totally be doing it for my own little family. It's a perfect symbol for kids to remember the reason for the season while still getting spoiled by "Santa". It's great to hear that others do this as well! I am totally jealous of the Christmas party that you have this week! Enjoy! :)

• @kjd291 sorry to hear DD is handful right now! Hoping she can settle into an easier week for you. With the holiday party coming up, sounds like some non-kid time is coming at just the right moment!! So fun, enjoy!! Also love the idea of the 3 gift tradition. The holidays can get so out of control, it's nice to have a focus for gift giving. 

Great job with the sugar, too! :)

• bradleerick-2bradleerick-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @gracie4400 I have a high sitting baby and he is all up in my ribs and lungs! It can be extremely uncomfortable to sit. I feel like I either need to be standing or laying flat at all times. I hope our babies find some middle ground soon- I can't imagine what it will feel like when they get bigger! 

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited December 2016
    @gracie4400 nice job on the sugar! And I think birthday cake is a great choice for a splurge! :].

My first babe was a high rib crowder, but this time im having the same complaint as you: low lying, lots of pressure, hip issues and the cardio has been restricted because of it.  I have been having success sticking with more aerobics/HIT cardio type workouts at a lower than pre-preggo intensity, but enough of a constant movement and change of pace that I get a good sweat and increased heart rate...  things like high knees, kickboxing moves, squats, modified burpies, etc.
  • Hi Ladies! Hope to hop on later today to share. In the meantime.... GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!! You all rock!!!!!
  • 1. 25w+3d
    2. If I get two quality stretch sessions (15-20 minutes) plus two body-weight workouts in I will be super happy! We just got a cold snap (literally went from 0 celsius this weekend to -13 feels like -22 and dropping) so outside time is very limited!
    3. It was alright... Knees are causing some issues again with squats so I took it pretty easy. Missed a few days of pushups as well. REAAAALLY lacking energy now!
    4. Just need to solve the knee pain.
    5. I got a reality check after my last appointment - had no idea where I was at for weight gain but it was a bit off-putting when I found out! Much more conscious effort needed with eating going forward!
    6. To me, bump still looks pretty small/not round like I was expecting which is making it a bit harder to embrace than I thought it would be! I still feel like I could pass for "she has eaten too much" rather than obviously pregnant...
    7. Wishing I had a piece of cardio equipment here at home. Saving money on the gym but I would love to spin or be on the elliptical several times a week! Did not think of it early enough for Christmas though :(
    8. Christmas is my very favourite time of year!! Each year since I was born my family would travel 10 hours to spend it with my dad's side of the family. Last year was the first I missed as it was DH's family's year. Not sure what will happen when the LO arrives, if we start our own traditions then or not but regardless, it is the best time of year in my eyes!
    9. Ready to finish the month strong for pushups!! In the last month I have had a raging sweet tooth... Plus I have an advent calendar but if I can limit it to that I will be happy! Fruit is high on my list for a snack whenever I need something.
  • @serenity13 Yay for legit bumps, viability, and end of the semester in sight!  Hope you can get some rest and kick this cold for good!
  • @triwellnessgirl Glad you got yourself some cute stichfix stuff and clothes out shopping! Is having your parents around as awsome as you expected!?  Good job with the workouts! I know, I hate dialing it back too... but we'll get back to that in a few more months!!!
  • Totally writing three times in a row :blush: Happy Tuesday, ladies! 27pushups today! 
  • @sarahbobby so glad you were able to get some help from the therapist you saw. This can definitely be an anxiety inducing time

@kjd291 you do it! You post away!! PS I've been following your countdown enthusiasm. 101 days till my due date!!

@triwellnessgirl can't say I've been suffering from a bald spot, but I swear I'm legit starting to grow a beard. At least the hair is white/clear. The lady that does my wax keeps telling me not to touch it, but I want to wax it off so bad!!

@serenity13 hope you're able to shake that cold quickly!! Colds during pregnancy suck :-/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jenny0228 fingers crossed that your palpitations are no big deal!

@kjd291 sorry to hear that LO has been driving you nuts. Hope she takes it easy on you this week. And thanks for the workout recommendations, I will definitely give them a try!

@Bradleerick I imagine a lung crowder is no better than a low rider. Hoping a shift will bring you more comfort soon!

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jenny0228 that's awesome to hear! What a relief that must be! I'm so glad to hear that you got happy news!

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• @jenny0228 yayyyy!!!! Such great news, so glad your dr gave you that reassurance & that you can continue to stay active!!!

@sarahbobby congrats on passing the glucose test!!! When we looked at day cares that's when it started feeling really real for me too haha

@triwellnessgirl I'm with you on feeling like the lower intensity workouts just aren't making me feel like it's worth it, I'm having trouble convincing myself too. But every bit helps & it's still good to be doing something rather than nothing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WOOHOO @jenny0228 !!! That's SUCH great news!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement @serenity13 , @npaulie , & @kjd291 !! You ladies are the BEST!!

• @jenny0228 Yayyy!!! So so happy to hear :)
  • Hey!! In case anyone is looking for some "fitspiration". I found this woman and started doing some of her workouts at home on days that I couldn't make it to the gym before they closed: https://instagram.com/makeitworkmomma

just in case anyone else was interested. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Rest day today. Just Exhausted, and belly is sore... lots of pressure and BH from just chasing my toddler around.  Caved and had my first "sweet" : but it was healthy! made some almond butter cranberry energy bites sweetened with raw honey: So. Good. 
  • Those sound really good @kjd291!! I passed on lots of opportunities today - coworkers brought in cupcakes, pie, and cake and I've been really good just avoiding our break room lol it's tempting though.

Starting to feel better so I did my first workout out of the week this morning & my push-ups from my knees... they're definitely getting harder! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 nice work on the sugar avoidance!! Work place treats are always so hard--especially around the holidays!
  • jenny0228jenny0228 member
    edited December 2016
    oooh @kjd291 do you have a recipe for your energy bites? those sound SO good! I'm always making the standard dates/ unsweetened peanut butter/coconut/almond ones but I'm looking for something new!  I'm finding that a banana with unsweetened peanut butter (I grind it at whole foods) with a banana is a nice go-to easy fix for a sweets craving. 

also does anyone make granola? I have been doing some raw almond slivers, sunflower seeds, pepitas, chia, and mixing it with a little honey or maple syrup then baking it and adding dried cranberry. It was my paleo go-to before I was pregnant, but I might start putting a few oats in it..! I need to search pinterest for other recipes but curious if you ladies make any of your own! 

2 workouts in so far for me this week-rest day today but I will do my pushups! 

@serenity13 glad to hear you are starting to feel better!! 
    @npaulie loving that instagram thanks for sharing it! 

• Here is a pic of the recipe! try to search for unsweetened coconut, and I have mad early it with and without the orange oil so it's not necessary. Orange extract work too if you want,

@jenny0228 i haven't ever made my own granola, I always mean to but have yet to get around to actually doing it! Need to put it back on the to-do list. espeially would be good to have batches made for easy healthy meal once baby is here!

so--I'm waking up sick. ugh. Makes sense why I was dragging SO hard yesterday. Just hoping i can still make it to my husbands party tonight. But think its another rest day for me. 
  • thanks @kjd291! sounds super good with the orange as well! Definitely going to make those this weekend. I hope you feel better and can go to the party tonight, I know you were really looking forward to it!! 
  • @kjd291 oh no, I hope you feel better soon!! Being sick while pregnant is the worst! 
    @jenny0228 glad you liked the link! I've been trying to follow fit pregnant people to keep me motivated when I see them on my news feed

So didn't make it to the gym before they closed yesterday but did an at home arms workout with body weight exercises. I have yoga tonight, then going to try to go the gym this weekend AT LEAST once. My hip isn't bothering me really anymore, but now my quad muscle on that same leg hurts as if I've pulled it or something? I don't understand what's going on with my body!!! But between the sore quad and being told not to do cardio, I'm seriously lacking motivation to get into the gym. I keep thinking, "Ugh, what's the point?" (even though realistically I KNOW there's still other things I can do. Hoping that if I continue to push myself the motivation will follow soon. 

Side note - I'd been lacking energy lately, and yesterday (mostly by accident) ended up eating a LOAD more protein than I usually do, and I had SO much more energy yesterday. Wondering if I'm not getting enough protein in my diet (even though I have meat in every meal). May try turning to more protein snacks in between actual meals. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @triwellnessgirl praise Jesus!! Praying they could have a great meet up and things could only continue to get better from here!!

ps-looking hawt and crazy strong in your post workout humpday pic!
  • Aw @kjd291 thanks so much for the sweet words. Feeling extra "big" these days, so I appreciate the compliment.... And thank you for the much needed prayers!!! Not sure what to make of it, but praying for the best. Leaving it to Jesus!
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited December 2016
    @triwellnessgirl that's amazing!!! Sending prayers that the meeting will go really well and hope that things can be mended. That age is so hard, especially for girls I feel like... I know my relationship with my dad has gone through periods like that many times ever since I was a teenager when we wouldn't speak for months at a time, and eventually we've been able to reconcile and pick up the pieces again, so I have a lot of hope for your family and am sending lots of positive vibes your way!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @triwellnessgirl such great news!! I hope this is just the beginning and things will be mended for you all soon!! :)
  • yeah! @npaulie looking AWESOME and super strong!! Love the flex friday pic! 

Also is that a towel warmer?! Love that too.. ;)