Options

PGAL Check In Week of 11/28

2»

Re: PGAL Check In Week of 11/28

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    11w3d
    How are you doing? 
    Feeling all the pressure from gas and constipation, but feeling relieved after my appointment today.
    When is your next appointment?  
    Had my appointment this morning trying to find the heartbeat. The appointment turned into a sonogram appointment because my OB couldn't find the heartbeat. This was a big trigger for me and DH. We had to wait back in the waiting room for 10 minutes and updated the cheery sonographer of the difficulty. She found baby right away. Measured the HB first. All very normal and measuring perfectly. The baby was kicking and moving its arms in front of its face and turning around. And all very much there. This is becoming more real to me and my DH. Next appointment is January 3rd.
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I feel like we've made it through my biggest hurdle.
    GTKY: What is something you do for self care ? How often do you try to do it ?
    I really enjoy haircuts, so if I'm having a particularly stressful week, I'll go get a trim. Living in the city, walking in a park can also be self care, getting back into the creative mind. I love holding plants in my fingers. I have a little aerogarden at home to bring life inside my apartment.
    I guess this story furthers my MW office's philosophy which is to not even try doppler until at least 12w, preferably 14.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @cmread Amazing!!! I am so sorry you went so long thinking it wasn't viable!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @halfthetree Measuring 9 weeks 3 days, which my doctor said was in the normal range for error at this point in pregnancy (I'm also not 100% on my dates this time around).   I'm still nervous, and I'm sure I will be for the next 30 weeks.  But today, I am pregnant!

Thank you everyone!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    10w3d
    How are you doing? 
    Okay. I had the NIPT yesterday morning and I cried. Just praying for good news.
    God willing, 12/13
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Still spotting but I'm thinking it's from my cervical polyp. Other than that, I'm thankful for feeling so good so far.
    I'm taking a little break, but I love distance running. I've run 3 full marathons and about a dozen half marathons since having my son and it's been a great experience getting out of the house, meeting new people and having some "me" time.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cmread that is such an amazing story. Fingers crossed it's smooth sailing from here. And I love your mantra "today I am pregnant". Im trying to adopt that, especially on the days I'm feeling extra nervous.

me: 33 DH:37
    married 2011
    mmc June 2016

BFP 9/26/16
    EDD 6/8/16
  • Options

@thatlauragirl That's amazing! I used to be an avid runner but have fallen out of it in the last year. I hope I can get back into the swing of things in motherhood.

First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself

It's been over a week so I'll introduce again. MMC at 11 weeks in May followed by a D&C. This is my second pregnancy.

How far along are you? 11 weeks, 4 days

How are you doing? I had an appointment with my OB yesterday afternoon and he was able to find the heartbeat with a Doppler. The heart rate was 164 which he said was good. It took him a while to find though because I have a tilted uterus apparently so it was scary there for a moment.

When is your next appointment? Monday is my NT screening. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm feeling a little relief after yesterday's appointment. I hadn't been to the doctor for 4 weeks prior to that so I was thinking all of the worst things. I still have a little anxiety for Monday though since this was right around the time my miscarriage was discovered with my first pregnancy. It would also be my due date week. I'm trying to adopt hubby's outlook to live in the moment and whatever happens will happen, we can handle it.

GTKY: What is something you do for self care ? How often do you try to do it ? Lately I've been getting a mani and pedi every 3 weeks. I like to put my phone away and relax during my pedicure.

Me: 29, DH: 30

TTC Baby #1: 1/16

BFP #1: 4/1/16, MMC: 5/25/16

BFP #2: 10/10/16, EDD: 6/18/17

• Options
    kitty21436kitty21436 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 
    11w 1d
    How are you doing? 
    Trying to stay positive and trust everything will work out, but struggling to fight the doubt. Physically I'm super tired. Every time I go a day or three without feeling nauseous or anything I freak out and then I get a day or two of intense morning sickness. I know feeling morning sickness doesn't mean everything is fine, but it does oddly give me some comfort - I know it doesn't make sense but I'll take any moments of calm I can get! 

Ultrasound Dec. 12 (last time I saw bean was at 6.5 weeks - feels forever ago) 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I've passed all my prior loss points, which I thought would make me feel great, but I think I need to see everything is okay now that I'm past those points to get that relief so I'm super anxious, excited, worried about my next U/S

For mental/emotional self care I love to just sit at the piano and play and sing for a bit. I don't play that great but it's enough to distract me and calm my mind.

EDIT: had to fix formatting 
  • Options
    @kitty21436 I felt the same way as you before yesterday. I had passed my loss date, but my ultrasound was before that. Yesterday I saw baby again and now I feel much better, more confident. Of course, it's only been 24 hours since my ultrasound. We'll see how long this lasts.
  • Options
    @kitty21436 Like @mrt said I had the same thing happen where I passed all my previous loss dates but my ultrasound was before. I didn't really feel OK about everything till I had my next ultrasound and saw baby was still doing well. Before that I was worried baby had stopped growing around the time of a previous loss and it was just a MMC or something.

Hopefully once you baby again you'll feel a bit better about everything!
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kitty21436 I totally understand that too.  It is hard even after passing loss milestones to keep up the positivity when we go so long sometimes between appointments. Hoping for a great ultrasound and your mind gets put at ease.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    How far along are you? 13w1d

How are you doing? Pretty good really. I'm still having a little bloating but it's way better than before. I'm still a little fatigued but that's definitely better also. The constipation struggle is real. And I've been super gassy also which isn't too surprising since I'm always gassy when I need to poop.

When is your next appointment? December 7th

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I know a lot of sites/doctors count week 14 as the first week of the first trimester. My OB counts week 13 though. So I was feeling pretty awesome yesterday about kinda, sorta having made it to the second trimester. I'm sure next week will feel even better, assuming my next appointment goes well, since I'll solidly be in the 2nd trimester according to all the sources. But really even just "maybe" being in the 2nd trimester feels amazing after so many 1st trimester losses.

My other rave is that after 4 days I finally conquered constipation enough to poop! This is something I honestly never thought I'd be excited about but the constipation struggle has been rough.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @NamelessAria so happy for you making it to 2nd tri!
  • Options
    @NamelessAria I am so happy for you! Your loss history is awful and I'm so glad all signs are pointing to this finally being your take-home baby!!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

With my adjusted dates, I'm exactly 10 weeks today.

How are you doing? 

Eh.  I think I have PGAL brain worse with this pregnancy than with my previous ones. I've been having a really hard time getting excited and every time I go to the restroom I brace myself for bleeding.  But yesterday I got to see the little bean wiggling and waving around and I think that was a good turning point for me.  I hope I can be more excited now.

21 December for NT scan and Harmony

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

I have no real rants.  My rave is that I told my boss about the pregnancy and he was super duper supportive.  I travel a lot for work; it's a very important part of my job, and he told me that I could stop whenever I needed to with no issue and he'd figure out how to make it work.

I don't do a lot for physical self care.  Occasionally I get my eyebrows waxed or threaded.  For mental self care I like to zone out and binge watch Netflix.  I probably do that too much.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers