February 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 11/28

2»

Re: Appointments week of 11/28

• @PerraSucia I actually got a close up of my girl's lady bits at my us this week. Didn't print anything else, just a money shot. I was so confused. Ummm, thanks? At least it was an equal opportunity genitalia pic.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kswiger06 yayy! so glad to hear it moved up and you can avoid being sliced and diced! We will find out tomorrow if we are that lucky too

Even though I will be sliced and diced, I still LMAO at this comment. I love the description hah
  • My OB doesn't seem to be giving out estimated weight of the baby. Is that usual? I know that aren't wicked accurate and I'm just starting to get regular fundal height checks but it'd be kind of nice to at least hear their estimates.
  • My OB doesn't seem to be giving out estimated weight of the baby. Is that usual? I know that aren't wicked accurate and I'm just starting to get regular fundal height checks but it'd be kind of nice to at least hear their estimates.
    I'm just getting fundal height also but I also haven't been in for an ultrasound since 20 wks. My midwives only send you in for follow up ultrasounds if it is medically necessary.
    My OB only tells me the heart rate and the fondal height. The only time I've had any weight estimates done were at the ultrasounds. In fact these are the words everytime from my OB... sounds beautiful, and measuring right on money. Lol :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603 mine doesn't do it either. 
  • thanks @Gretchypoo , @kswiger06 , and @homemake ! FTM so I feel like I know zero things haha. My OB also says something like "measuring right where you should be, great!". I mentioned to my fiancé that I thought it was weird that every single appointment I was measuring to the exact day. I feel like people are usually a day or two off and sometimes even weeks. It's just weird that it's alwaysssss exactly how far along I am.
  • thanks @Gretchypoo , @kswiger06 , and @homemake ! FTM so I feel like I know zero things haha. My OB also says something like "measuring right where you should be, great!". I mentioned to my fiancé that I thought it was weird that every single appointment I was measuring to the exact day. I feel like people are usually a day or two off and sometimes even weeks. It's just weird that it's alwaysssss exactly how far along I am.
    Lol I think there is a little wiggle room. I think it is something like 1cm/wk pregnant. 
  • @jlellis603 my OB doesn't really give me exact values except for the HR. Like I know they took a bunch of measurements at my AS but they just said he looked right in range and didn't actually tell me what the values were and for fundal height he usually shows me where it is and then says it's good. I'm a FTM too so at first hearing people know they were X weeks ahead and having exact measurements or w/e worried me that I didn't actually know but now I think it's a good thing. He's not concerned or he'd say something so it's one less thing to worry about.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @marriedhamstermom good point, I for sure could use less things to worry about!
  • Fundal heights are an estimate and are most reliable when compared to your previous measurements.  So if you are measuring normally and then start falling ahead or behind that would speak further investigation(usually US).  Most people who end up getting serial growth scans have some type of concern that has prompted the closer following.  Whether it is history from a previous pregnancy or this current one.  My first had growth restriction and low fluid that required early delivery.  I have had to have growth scans with every pregnancy since then whether there were concerns or not.  This one also has growth concerns so I am getting even more this time.  I do get weight estimates each time, but honestly follow percentiles more for comparison from previous.  Typically they use a combination of head circumference, abdominal circumference, and femur length to estimate growth and weight. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Typically they use a combination of head circumference, abdominal circumference, and femur length to estimate growth and weight. 
    This is what the MFM told me they use to estimate the weight. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• Just got back from my last 4 week check-in...  My doctors were in the 'only tell me I'm in the normal range' group until today.  Got a prescriptions for a surprise US.  Growth + fluid level check.  I feel torn between excitement about seeing the baby again and worry about measuring ahead too much.

Also, got my tdap; waiting for muscle soreness to set in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603 +1 on my doctor only giving me exact numbers if there's some possible concern. All she has ever said about the heart rate, for example, is "Beautiful! I could listen to that all day!" I was measuring quite ahead in fundal height last time, and that's when she told me the number and scheduled me for follow-up. My feeling is that I don't need any exact numbers to feed to Dr. Google. :)

@MLRocha Just focus on that excitement about seeing the baby! I was measuring waaay ahead at my last appointment, too, and after the growth scan, found out baby was the most average weight ever (seriously 50th percentile). Hope everything goes well for you, too! 

I also got my Tdap yesterday...my arm is sore, but not as bad as I expected!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    edited December 2016
    My MW also only says things like "measuring right on track!" and "heart rate sounds great!" until I ask her what the specific numbers are (I like knowing). There is definitely some variation to the measurements - "right on track" in terms of fundal height usually means 1 cm/week of pregnancy +/- 2cm. So at my 28 week appointment, I was measuring 27 cm, which was considered "right on track". There can be variation in fundal height from day to day even, since the baby's position in the uterus can affect it (i.e if the baby is lying sideways, you might measure a little smaller than if they are lying vertically). As long as you are following a steady growth curve and are within the normal limits, they usually tell you you are on track.

MW has definitely never given me a weight estimate, though I know I will have a growth scan at 34-36 weeks - standard practice at that hospital for women diagnosed with GD.

I also got my TDAP on Monday, and my arm is STILL a tiny bit sore from it :( It was really bad for the two days after, I could barely lift my arm!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I only got a weight because I did an elective 4d and I specifically asked. During my normal appointments I don't get anything other than "looks great!"  
  • I'm glad so many of our Drs just say things like right on track or looking good because my husband has only gone to 3 of my visits, and this last one, he was like "right on money" before she came in. He noticed that she said it at the other appointments and thought there should be more variation. Right now I think I'd get nervous if she said anything else, because since that's what I've been hearing I am more than content with it. If she said "welllll..." I'd get worried.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Took my 1 hour glucose test on 12/02, along with a blood iron check. Results should be in this week.....so I'm hoping everything looks good...