What are you smiling about this week?

Me: 32 H: 32
Married: October 2009
TTC#1: August 2016
BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
DD Born 10/20/17

Re: Ten Things Tuesday 11/29

• Options
    I can always use a kick in the pants and reminder to be more positive!

1. As strange as this is, I'm actually happy for the snow and wintery weather we've gotten the last two days. It's been unseasonably warm up until now, and now it finally feels like the holidays!
    The view out of my office front door today:

2. DH did a bunch of cleaning and small projects on his off days.
    3. DH also helped me with dinner last night, which always makes it much easier and much more fun. 
    4. Since it's blizzarding and work is very slow (and local school is cancelled today), I might try to crank out what I need to get done and leave early. After this post, of course LOL
    5. DH and I just started watching Westworld and we're really enjoying it. I love it when we find a show to watch/binge that we both like. And just in time for the snowy weather.
    6. The play that I'm in during our Dickens Festival is going really well so far. We have 4 performances left, and so far the audiences have been great. 
    7. Our neighbor texted me this morning to say that he's going to help us move snow this evening which is REALLY nice of him. Around here if you live outside of a city neighborhood, you don't shovel or use a snowblower, you literally use a bobcat or tractor to move snow LOL. And, we don't have a good snow-moving vehicle yet, so our neighbor is very kind to help us. 
    8. We finally caved and bought a Keurig. While I still insist that it's not "real" coffee, it's nice to have a quick option for DH or myself when we're in a hurry or just want one cup. 
    9. We put our tree up for the first time in the new house :) last year we didn't put it up because a.) I was too busy with Dickens Festival, b.) DH was too busy working on the house, and c.) the house was a mess because DH was still working to finish it.
    10. My dog and cats are just awesome!.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. DH and I had a lovely weekend away - we really needed it, and it lined up perfectly with my FW.
    2. I got to have lots of puppy cuddles this weekend - the dog travels with DH, so it can be lonely without both of them.
    3. I managed to stay consistent with going to the gym at least every other day last week. I gave myself the weekend off, but am excited to get back into the routine tomorrow.
    4. I have a bunch of Chicago Fire downloaded that I can binge in the evenings this week.
    5. My dad is quitting smoking for health reasons, and is three days smoke-free.
    6. It looks like DH and I might do a road trip over the holidays.
    7. I met my friend's bf last week, and he's fabulous. She deserves someone amazing, and it's great to see her so happy.
    8. It's not raining here today. It's not sunny, but not rainy - I'll take it!
    9. Although I have some confusion over when I ovulated (charting wasn't great this weekend), I feel confident that it did happen. 
    10. Since I called in sick yesterday for our long weekend away, I have a short week this week.
  • Options
    1. DH made an amazing thanksgiving dinner last week, and I still have some of the left overs! 
    2. I got to see my parents last weekend as well
    3. only 13 more days of work for the YEAR!!! 
    4. I am going to try and FINISH my christmas shopping this weekend.  
    5. My sister comes home very soon!  
    6. I am super on top of my wrapping this year!  I have to have it done by the 19th becuase we are going home that day! 
    7. It snowed some while I was home, and it got me feeling super extra christmassy! 
    8. I got to catch up with my best friend at my reunion and it was awesome
    9. My DH is really good at keeping up with our finances and it makes christmas so much less stressful! 
    10. TB! This place has made this journey feel manageable.  Whenever I feel down I just feel so much better telling you all, knowing many have been there, and know just what to say to get me out of my funk!  Love this board! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Thinking happy thoughts lol....

1. I'm happy that it is 60 degrees out today. Unseasonably warm for Ohio this time of year but I'll take what is probably the last nice day for a few months but.. ..

2. ....I'm also happy that they are calling for our first measurable snow next week. I don't mind the snow and love it around the holidays. It can then all melt in January. :)

3. I'm happy that work is slow today. I've been going through old emails and just taking it slow. Ahhh...peaceful. 

4. I'm happy that it is almost December. Christmas is my favorite holiday. 

5. I'm happy that I've stuck with the no pop (or soda I'd you will lol) rule so far. It was my one weakness that I turned to for caffeine. I don't drink coffee so it was my go to drink for a pick me up. But I've been pop free for almost a month now and am much better without it!

6. I'm happy about baking this holiday season. **TW** My 4 year old has been really wanting to help in the cooking and baking this year and I'm excited to show him and have him help. **end TW**

7. I'm happy for this group. You all have taught me a lot since I have joined and it has been very appreciated. 

8. I'm happy my mom left a half bottle of wine in my fridge from Thanksgiving. I don't drink often but today seems like a good day for a glass. 

9. I'm happy that my sister decided to come home for christmas. Tickets were expensive and she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to come home. 

10. I'm happy that we are still planning on a trip to Disney in 2021 for the 50th anniversary. I have big plans for that trip and cannot wait to go. We went in APRIL and I've been addicted ever since! °○°
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    I loved reading all of these today!

I have an eleventh thing -- my grocery store now sells a cored pineapple with the core still in the tupperware! I am eating CORE right now!

• Options
    @adirat I am dying at the computer gaming mouse comment! I've hid my DH's a time or two. "Huh, I don't know honey, I haven't seen the mouse...?" ;)

@lulu1180 Welcome to the Gilmore Girl world! I'm holding out on watching the new season until after the holidays. Which sounds crazy, I know. But I want to be able to fully relax and enjoy it with friends, and I'm just too busy right now. I'll be interested to see who you like/dislike throughout the series!

1. DH and I had the day off today, and we took DD to the zoo for the first time. She was all about it!

2. This time of the year is super busy at work, but now that we're past Thanksgiving, its all downhill. Woo!

3. I fit into a pair of pants that haven't fit me in like, a year!

4. So I had bread for dinner. Terrible but delicious. And yes, just bread. 

5. I don't have to get up early tomorrow, so I'm just sitting on the couch watching Fixer Upper and Pinteresting/Bumping/Facebooking.

6. We've been able to Facetime with a lot of far-away family the last couple days, which is nice. 

7. Convinced DH that I need a hair cut/color and nail appointment soon. 

8. I cut out sugar this week for a while (which does NOT have me smiling, but skin problems and feeling terrible in general forced my hand), and I'm finally past the terrible headache/cravings stage. I had coffee black today and enjoyed it. That part makes me happy. 

9. It's supposed to snow this week, which I'm really excited about! 

10. I got a nap today. Much needed. 

• Options
    @adirat yess!  I have seen that too, but havent been worried about that for a couple cycles now.  begore though, I was getting a couple pineapples each tww and when DH and I would munch them together, he would pass me his extra bits of core.  In another context, "um, thanks?"  but we know that's really love. ;)

@JuneRoseRuby where in Utah!!!?? 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Salt Lake City. My bro has been there for probably 10 years now. Are you in the area?
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    @JuneRoseRuby  sadly, no. :( we were living in Vegas though for a couple years and drive through the area so many times.  who knew I would fall in love with Utah!  what's the occasion for the trip?
  • Options
    @BusinessWife My brother and his family live out there. So we visit every so often.  My SIL just had my new nephew in September so I will get to meet him and we are all (bro fam, mom, dad, my H and I) spending 10 days out there together.  Should get interesting! Last time we all spent that much time together, we did a big ol fashioned family trip to Yellowstone a few years ago. Luckily we all get along, but my dad and bro are big button pushers so I usually lose my cool several times and H has to reign me in. I have a friend from HS that moved out to Vegas for college and never left. My Bro goes to vegas to gamble and stock up on booze since salt lake city has some big restrictions
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid