March 2017 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating (December)

What are you lovely ladies enjoying this month??

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating (December)

• Options
    I made a chicken, corn and potato chowder that was pretty good. I tweaked it, of course, but all in all good flavor. Next time I'm going to use a different protein though, as even though I used thigh meat you couldn't really discern and chicken flavor lol. I'm thinking sausage or hamburg might add more punch, or even steak mmmm. 
  • Options
    Two loaves of gluten-free banana bread... Single handedly ate one myself over the past week. No shame though!

Looking forward to some steak & brussel sprouts tonight!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm fighting a cold so I had chicken noodle soup and mint chocolate chip ice cream for dinner tonight. And I'm obsessed with vegetable juice lately!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Burritos, I'm surprised the place across from my job doesn't recognize my voice yet lol.

@dubcompanion that is hilarious and petty and I love it!
  • Options
    Taco soup! I made it in the croc pot this week and have eaten it every day for dinner. I can't get enough!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • Options
    @dubcompanion you're my hero lol
  • Options
    @kjd291 Yaaaaas! My DH has never gotten upset over food, but I was a hangry person even before pregnancy. ;) That was part of my disbelief when he'd eaten most of my remaining cookies. He knows better; I've been training him for over 10 years!
  • Options
    My obsession with citrus continues. It has been raging this entire pregnancy. Grapefruits, water with LOTS of lemon, oranges, tangerines and more grapefruit. Fresh squeezed citrus juices. Just no lime. Lime makes me want to vomit. 
  • Options
    Making chicken and dumplings tonight that I'm super excited about. Been on more of a sweets kick lately. But still love my salt. And carbs. Trying to start curbing things a bit before my GD test on the 14th.  :#
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Mini frozen pancakes! microwave them and they are heaven! also twisted onion (broken up blooming onion but so much better). I'm typically not a huge onion fan but I can't get enough. Dip it in Chipotle sauce and it's to die for. 
  • Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited December 2016
    Had a random craving for funfetti cake so made myself one today all for myself...well maybe DH can have some too  :D
  • Options
    got a salad from chick fil a today and came across the most amazing sauce ever. Avacado lime ranch (ok so not the healthiest but still!) it's the best thing I've ever tasted. I want it on all of my sandwiches for the rest of my life! besides pb&j ... 
  • Options
    Saw something on Delish called S'mores Nachos and ended up making it
  • Options
    @mcdonald-bailey that sounds like an amazing idea! lol

I tried a new yogurt called greek gods chocolate cherry yogurt. OMG sooooo good. It's my new go to dessert! (sorry ben & jerry but momma's trying to eat slightly better  ;))
  • Options
    @mcdonald-bailey Delish is just as dangerous as Pinterest. Where I ran across a dark chocolate peanut butter and marshmallow fluff grilled sandwich I had to make. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @datalover13 that sounds really good! 
  • Options
    C25C25 member
    edited December 2016
    Last week I reverted to first trimester nausea so nothing sounded good and I was STARVING! This week I'm back to normal and I can't get enough peppermint Oreo shakes :blush:
  • Options
    GOAT CHEESE!! Specifically, goat cheese on crostini with honey and cracked black pepper on top. It popped into my head yesterday and it's my new favorite thing. This little dude has wanted cheese the *entire* pregnancy.
    Me: 30, mild DOR
    Him: 31, totes fine.
    IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
    IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
    IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @C25  Chick-Fil-A has the BEST peppermint shakes this time of year!

I swear, my baby is going to come out Mexican...I seriously eat it 2-3 times a week...Del Taco, Moe's, Chipotle...they know my order at Moe's when I walk in the door now...
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 ohhh I'm going to try that shake. I normally eat very healthy during the week because hubby meal preps for us but on the weekends I usually have burritos or tacos so I can relate. Hubby is actually Mexican so it's not surprising. 
  • Options
    @UnicornsPlease  Goats cheese sounds ah-mazing right now.  It's snowing, and im housebound for the day... my fridge only has things that look unappealing to my senses. Hmmm.

And, this board convo always makes me sad that I dont have a chic-fil-A around here.  Someone should right this pregnancy injustice and build me one pronto. 
  • Options
    i feel like I would require about 50 surritos lol
  • Options
    @kjd291 chik fil a has an amazing franchise program..  i say open your own!  ;)
  • Options
    @kjd291 chik fil a has an amazing franchise program..  i say open your own!  ;)
    I have totally brought this up to DH before!!! ...he doesn't take me seriously. Probably because the only time I bring it up is when I'm having a hormonal hankering for a yummy chicken sandwich. Haha.
  • Options
    hahaha well it would be weird if you just randomly thought of chic fil a business operations all day
  • Options
    hahaha well it would be weird if you just randomly thought of chic fil a business operations all day
    Hahahah. #truth
  • Options
    I have not wanted sweets for most of my pregnancy, but my aunt made needhams the other day, and it's all I can think about...I may be hoarding a gallon sized zip lock bag of them in the back of my freezer so no one can find them and eat them on me.....
  • Options
    what's a needham?
  • Options
    what's a needham?
    I forget the exact history--believe was created here in Maine in the 1800s! They are chocolate candies, filled with shredded coconut and shredded potato. Basically a homemade mounds bar--but mixed with potato too. Can't really taste the potato-but makes it less crazy sweet and great texture. So. Good.  Ughhh. Now I want some. 
  • Options
    mmmm sign me up! I have my grandma's old cookbook so I'm looking for an obscure old fashioned cooky (as it's spelled in the book which actually makes a lot of sense) to throw into my mix. Although it's not 1800's old haha
  • Options
    I just started reading this thread and now my turkey sandwich does not sound good for lunch!! I want some mexican food or a chicken sandwich. 

I've pretty much only craved sugar lately. I want cookies or chocolate pie (has to have cookie crust, not traditional crust) ALL THE TIME. I have to tone it down before my glucose test on Monday :( 

I wish I craved things like fruit and veggies. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble with raw veggies? My prego body just can't handle them, which makes me feel guilty. 
  • Options
    Haven't had any weird cravings, but every time I see what the students at school bring in for lunch I want what they have. 
  • Options
    I'm back on my milk craving.  Whether it's a glass at dinner, a milkshake at lunch, or just milk in my cereal...I just want milk.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner tonight and the only thing appealing to me was the mint chocolate chip ice cream calling my name from the freezer. So yep, I definitely just ate half the carton. :o So much for my reduced sugar goal lol at least it was reduced fat...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    finally got my grandmamas chocolate meringue cookie recipe ... they're baking now, fingers crossed!