September 2016 Moms

November Randoms

13»

Re: November Randoms

• Oh wow you're right. Where in the world did it go?
  • @drabong88 omg 10 hrs is awesome! I'm with you a well, if they are gaining weight then let them sleep.

I am having the opposite problem. LO still sleeps well during the night usually, but the last 2 days she has been up for over 7hrs in a row during the day! We play, read, go out places. You can tell she is definately tired but is just fighting it. I hope this is a short lived phase as I'm absolutely exhausted.

@jenkar01 I have read several places that breastfeed babies poop a lot less and that it is completely normal. After reading that I was concerned that we still get a couple per day, but things seem to be slowing down a little bit I think. Lol I thought I had noticed a lot more smelly toots! I would keep thinking she was dirty but kept finding clean diapers!

• Loading the player...
  • @jellybiehn so many times I would check expecting a dirty diaper but alas it was clean. So I have learned to give it about 30seconds and if still stinks it is most likely a dirty diaper but if doesn't smell then we are good. And I swear his pooping less seemed to happen over night.
  • It's thanksgiving but I still want to bitch... been on my period for 4 days now and it's a beast! 

I do want to give thanks and say thank you to my sweet baby as she slept til 5 am and at 6:30 went back to sleep for another 3 hours! Would have been great to sleep in too but my rolls are proofing and nice to have that behind me. 
  • @hejo2016 I posted in this thread yesterday and my comment disappeared too. Very weird!

@jensou I am sorry about the period. Is yours painful or just heavy? I had an IUD put in and have been bleeding/spotting for almost 3 weeks! Talk about annoying.

My LO was up all night. ALL. NIGHT. He's normally a bad sleeper and lately hasn't been sleeping for more than 2 hours, but last night was the worst it's ever been. He never slept longer than 30 minutes! I didn't get a chance to sleep until 4 AM when I started bawling and my husband took over. It's 8:30 now and we still have yet to be able to put him down. I feel like we have tried every tip and trick on the internet to get this baby to sleep and nothing works.

In desperation for sleep, I keep buying new products. Last night was the first time we tried the Miracle Blanket, after having tried Swaddleme swaddles, Aden and Anis blankets, and Halo sleepsacks. Seeing as this is the worst he's ever slept, I am going to assume this blanket is no miracle for our son. On to the next product... anyone use a Dock-a-Tot? 
  • Ugh @Laraeq that sucks! I have no ideas for you, just wanted to say sorry!
  • @Laraeq will he sleep if your holding him? If so maybe just let him do that so You can get some sleep too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husbands aunt is in town. We have pictures being taken of the house on tues so we can list it for sale. I'm stressing to the max because I don't want to deal with the aunt and my house is a wreck. My husband does not understand the importance of the pics. I just want everyone to get out so I can clean!
  • We had my husband's family over for thanksgiving today and I felt like their just wasn't enough time to clean! I know they could care less if it was clean but I feel like such a bum when my house is a mess. So I can understand @hejo2016 how stressful it would be trying to clean for pictures!

My random is my LO had his 2 month shots yesterday. He held his breath till his lips turned purple but as soon as I picked him up he stopped ceyinf so he handeled them pretty well. But he still isn't back to his happy self yet and has been really clingy all day today. I just feel bad for him
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 The 2 month shots are the worst. Sounds like your boy was a little trooper trough.  Hope he starts feeling like himself again soon. 
  • @drabong88 we have our 2 month shots on Monday. My husband was going to pick him up from his first day of daycare and take him by himself since it's my first day of work, but it sounds like I should tag along too!
  • Monday is when Molly has her 2 month appointment and shots too. Not looking forward to it. 
  • @drabong88 Sylvia had her shots Wednesday. She jumped when the needles went in and cried for a couple of seconds, then immediately started smiling again. She was extremely fussy a few hours later though, and would only stop crying/sleep if she was on the boob. She was sleepy all the next day and didn't start acting like herself until yesterday. It gets easier.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I am not looking forward to January when my lil guy is going to daycare. One of my biggest concerns is the exposure to germs. I know I can't keep him in a bubble away from new people and places forever, but I have it in my head that he will get sick immediately and frequently. Moms who have already put their LO in daycare, what has your experience been with your LO getting sick? 
  • So I return to work tomorrow and am dreading it so badly. I have had an emotional meltdown at least once a day for the past few days. He is too small for me to leave, at least he is to me. He is 3 months old and will be watched by the in-laws so he'll be in good hands. It just sucks because I work 4 days a week and daddy works 6 days a week and it is his company's busy month so he will be working late all of those days all of December. Ugh please give me the strength to do this on my own and get through this intact lol.
  • @jenkar01 your baby will be in safe hands. I am feeling your pain. I start work tomorrow as well. Baby is only 2 months and he will be in daycare. On top of that, DH is going to pick him up at daycare midday for vaccines and then drop him back off. I'm a mess. 
  • Oh @Sbrown721 I feel your pain with the shots. We were both there for his and it was so rough. Good luck tomorrow. I couldn't imagine leaving him at 2 months.
  • @jenkar01 and @Sbrown721 we'll be thinking of you! I'm dreading my full week back.
    @BabyBoyH92016 LO is dealing with her first cold, thankfully it's pretty mild.
  • jln27jln27 member
    edited November 2016
    My random is a confession... I love bedsharing.

That's probably not a big deal to some of you, but I've been terrified of SIDS since day one, and try to do everything possible to prevent it. But... a couple days ago I started breastfeeding in the side-lying position because it's the easiest for me and baby. And I accidentally fell asleep because I was so worn out. I only slept about an hour, but I was pretty horrified at first. And then it kept happening, and I realized that I liked it. It felt natural, it felt right. I loved having Sylvia so close, and being able to just pop my breast back into her mouth when she started looking for it. She slept so well, I slept well, and everybody was happy.

I still try to only do it during daytime naps because I sleep much lighter and I don't want her to depend on me to be able to sleep at night. Plus husband works during the day, so we have the bed to ourselves. Our room is warm enough that I can sleep on top of the sheets without a blanket or pillow. I know I should be putting her back into her bassinet... but it's just so easy to cuddle instead.

My husband isn't a fan of it, but he naps with her too if I'm around to watch them. I know I should probably do the same so it's supervised and safer, but I can barely keep my eyes open during the day, and night is a whole other mess.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jln27 I dont bedshare with my LO but he does take all of his naps on me while we sit in the chair during the day. It started because he would wake up so early and not want to go back to bed so we would go dowstairs and play till he got tired and we would lay down in the chair. I was so nervous he would slip down in the chair but I make sure I have a pillow propped under my arm and his head so he can't slide down.
    Its funny because I always thought I would just be able to put my baby down in the crib for a nap and be all productive during the day, but I love our naps and cuddles in the chair. I know one day he won't want to,cuddle with me and it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck to those back at work today!
  • Well I survived my first day back to work. Only had two meltdowns. Luckily I kept busy and got to leave a bit early. I will slowly get better. Only pumped once but that was because I got off early and it wasn't bad. Just told them I would be back in a bit. Hopefully it stays that way.
  • Sbrown721Sbrown721 member
    edited November 2016
    First day back: Fed one boob at 6:30 left house at 6:40. LO was happy with daycare teacher at drop off (we were there from 7-7:30) Fed 2nd boob at daycare. DH picked him up at 10:30 for vaccine shots. I pumped at 10 for 15 minutes.I met them at doctor's office at 11. Shots were HORRIBLE. I have never seen him cry real tears or heard him cry like that. I was crying too. I breastfed him right after shots. Pumped again at 2 for 15 minutes. Fed again once I got to daycare at 5:15.

Today: Breastfed at 3am. Breastfed again at 5. I haven't been back to sleep since 3. He was cooing at the daycare teacher. I am sure he will be just fine! I am trying to just pump at 10 and 2. We will see if I can go that long.
  • Glad you guys survived! It'll get better, keep telling myself that...
    LO drank 8 oz at daycare yesterday, improvement but she was still crabby when she got home. Of course she prefers the bottle that we have ONE of that was a freebie in our target registry kit. Not the 500 born free bottles I have from my middle child.
  • My LO has always been a good sleeper but 2 nights ago he woke up every hour until we went to go sleep in the chair downstairs at 4 am where we slept till 7. He was really gassy so I think he had a tummy ache :-( . luckily last night he went back to sleeping good and only woke up once overnight. I don't know how you moms do it whose babies don't sleep, I give you so much credit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have my stupid pap today and I did my x ray for my iud hunt, so we'll talk about that. Kinda assuming they didn't find it since no one called me, I figured I'd just wait til the appointment today to discuss.
  • @hejo2016 how does an IUD just get lost?! Scary! I hope they find it! 

I started the mini-pill last week. It is supposed to be very reliable if taken at the same time everyday. I am trying to figure out the best time to take it. 

LO is doing so well at daycare. He LOVES his teacher. He coos at her right when I hand him to her each morning. It's so cute. I'm kinda jealous haha! He is eating WAY more than I thought he would. 3.5 oz every 2 hours...I can only pump twice a day and am only getting 5 oz...going to visit him on my break tomorrow and try to feed him then.
  • OMG they found my IUD. Holy shit! I seriously thought I was nuts and somehow missed it coming out! It likely perforated my uterus towards the back. It's near my back left hip. So crazy! Midwife said she was proud of me for pushing the issue because she assumed if they didn't see it on ultrasound that it was gone. I have a consult set up for next week to figure out what to do.
  • Wow @hejo2016! That's great that they found your IUD but scary that it perforated your uterus. I had an IUD put in about a month ago and I am terrified of that happening. How did you know it had moved? Did you just feel for the strings or was there some sort of pain/discomfort involved? I'll think good thoughts for you that it can be removed easily. What a nightmare!
  • @hejo2016 that is crazy! So glad they found it though. Hopefully it's not too complicated to remove 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Laraeq the only way I knew it was gone was because I was pregnant! Ha! I had no idea. I had it in for almost 3 years (supposedly) and was closing in on 8 wks pregnant when I finally took a pregnancy test because I felt like crap. I seriously never thought it'd be positive! They looked for the IUD with ultrasound and everyone said I expelled it when they couldn't see it. I knew I'd feel it come out if it did based on what Google said about it. The first OB I saw before switching to a midwife is the only one that said it probably perforated.  I'm glad I listened to her and not everyone else!
    Ive had random sharp pains that I've wondered about, but nothing consistent. 
  • @jensou I just made the no bake lactation bites that you posted... so tasty! I added some dried cranberries and almonds. I will definitely feel better about eating these over the cookies. Thanks again! I needed a pick me up today (see feeding thread :( )