Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wednesday

2»

Re: TWW Wednesday

• Options
    @Ohemgee Yes, sort of.  I was nervous that I might O while we were away Thanksgiving but I didn't think I would O as early as CD 7 before we even had a chance to BD.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 Sleep meds do that to me too.  I fall asleep right away but I don't sleep soundly and wake up exhausted and hazy.  Have you tried something less harsh like a sleepy time herbal tea?  That helps me sleep through the night. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @Dinosaur: sorry for the BFN

vegetalienne: Tomorrow is our pee pact! Haha I feel a little ridiculous typing that. Someone else is joining too, but I cannot remember at the moment (fuzzy thoughts being so tired). I am nervous too and not super optimistic.
  • Options
    ** lurking from WTO @dragonfly87 I do not look at the clock if I wake up in the middle of the night and it helps to keep my mind from going, okay well I have 2 hours left to sleep, I better fall asleep fast. And then waking up an hour later because I am like oh was it time to get up? So maybe try not to look at your clock or phone to check the time and see if that helps. 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited November 2016
    @laurad75: I have been taking melatonin for about a year and it helps me fall asleep, but not stay asleep. I also sometimes drink sleepy time tea, but it does the same thing...helps me fall asleep, but not stay asleep.

@juneroseruby: I have tried not to look at the clock (i.e., my phone) a few times...but then I get paranoid that I am going to oversleep and my alarm isn't set or something weird. But I should try to avoid looking at it so often and see if that helps.

juliebeannn @Ohemgee @JulesDP : Sorry for the BFN ladies :(
  • Options
    @adirat It feels nice to be able to take a little bit of the pressure off of ourselves. I have spent the past few months thinking I obviously must be doing something wrong, so it's nice to step back and take into consideration that some of it really is just out of my hands. @laurad75 So, so sorry for your situation. I cannot even begin to imagine how frustrating that must be. I hope you are able to determine a good plan for going forward soon.
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    @LuND With all the mess, I couldn't even imagine putting MORE things out to look at! I haven't had a kitchen for about a year at this point (just a stove hooked up in an empty room). It's been a struggle, but it will be worth it, I hope!

• Options
    @BertieMeetsGertie Noooooooooooooo! I was SO hoping that you tested again this morning and got good news :( In that case, welcome aboard the S.S. Hot Mess Express. And here's another GGs gif for good measure <3 

@adirat Because I was wallowing and had not yet removed head from sphincter, I totally missed the meat of your post.  Thank you so much for the information about the 20% chance. The information brought me a lot of peace and allowed me to cut myself a break.  <3 

@luND Please tell me that you love the movie Christmas Vacation as much as I do! And your Grinch gif is perfection.
    Me: 32 H: 32
    Married: October 2009
    TTC#1: August 2016
    BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
    DD Born 10/20/17

• Options
    @LuND send them my way, and a good bottle of red and I'd be happy to wrap all your gifts.  I have been known to wrap my own gifts, once boxed, becuase my family is too busy to get it all done. I love sitting on the floor of my living room, with the piles of paper, tags and bows, watching a christmas special or movie, and wrapping! Its a huge stress relief  for me!  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I love wrapping too. Christmas movies and wrapping is one of my favorite things about this time of year.
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • Options
    @adirat I'm with @Lund that that statistic freaks me out haha. Like we do all this work for likely nothing? That frustrates me. With modern medicine where it is, it seems so inefficient. I hate inefficiency! 

• Options
    @swimsister That probability summary is accurate but also disheartening.  I hadn't even thought about how chances of conception in that light. 

**possible TW, loss inferred** With only one working tube, I only have a 50/50 chance of ovulating on the "correct" side each month. Since ovulation is random and does not go back and forth, I could have been trying all this time with 0% chance of conception. Couple that with a 20% chance of a good sperm and egg.  The chances just seems so dismal. **end TW**
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @njtrimed Based on your temps, it does look like you ovulated. As far as OPKs, I suggest Wondfos as they are quite inexpensive. I think the Newbie guide has a list of authorized sellers. 

• Options
    @wabash15 I'm DD is recovering okay.  Poor baby.  

Thank you.  I only went in on CD 13 which I thought was late but the nurse assured me that was when I should come in.  Maybe that is what I should ask for - to be monitored more frequently this coming cycle.  I am definitely going in on CD 3 but not sure what will happen after that.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 thinking back I my RE would do my first US on CD3, though it could be as late as CD5... they would check my lining (which tended to be thin, and check the ovaries for cysts and early follies...

@njtrimed your temps are consistent with ovulation. I am still nursing typically twice a day but it can be more on weekends... BF can make your cycles irregular but that generally resolves with time. Many women can get KTFU while nursing but there are some ladies who don't until they wean. The website Kellymom is a great resource for more information on BF and it's effects on reproduction. As frustrating as it is 60days is usually the benchmark for jumpstarting your cycles. GL and feel free to PM me if you have more questions 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Njtrimed it definitely looks like you ovulated, so that is great! I just had one of my best friends see the doctor after not starting her periods well over a year after her son turned one. While the nurses in her office said it was normal, the doctor said it was not and wanted to bring her in for testing a few weeks later. In the meantime, she went from weaning like you are to absolutely cutting off BF. Her period returned on Thanksgiving after 17 months. It might just be you are like her and are just as sensitive to a bit... I also have friends who continued to BF until they were 5 months along in their other pregnancy Everyone is different. That being said, it does sound like you have a lot on your plate. While you might not be outwardly feeling stress, med school and having a child are definite stressors and as we all know stress can delay ovulation. It's also completely normal to have about 2 anovluatory cycles a month. I just had three of them in a row after non-hormonal BC and my doctor was not the least bit concerned until it happened for another 6 months in a row. FX for you that this whole process goes quick and kudos to you for doing all that you do now!
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Options
    @hartmich Thank you! I just bought a 25/pack of Wondfo pregnancy tests, so next cycle I'll try their OPKs!

@wabash15 Thanks for the insight! I love KellyMom. And like you, I was nursing up to twice a day during the week and all weekend without any restrictions, and my cycle was like clockwork on that schedule. And in the first months of school (August and September) we were required to be on campus pretty much on the same schedule that I used to be at work, and my cycle remained normal. Since the end of September (LMP at that point 9/19) I have only had to go to campus a few times a week since our lectures are podcasted, so I'm home basically all the time. Until I cut her back to nursing twice a day, my daughter would often sit next to me and literally just nurse any time she wanted to. She was nursing when she was thirsty, when she was upset, when she didn't feel well, when she went down for a nap, and basically just any time she felt like nursing. I have no idea if I even ovulated last cycle, but I'm thinking (and hoping) that was the issue, since it seems like I ovulated. I will PM you with any questions I come up with; thanks again!

@Flinstone, thanks for sharing those stories, and for the kind wishes! I did resume a normal period around my daughter's first birthday, after I stopped pumping at work and was only nursing her closer to her bedtime, so that makes sense! And I think stress may play a part, but not emotional stress (I'm only in school now and not working, so I'm more relaxed than I've been in years). I did a half Ironman 9/18 and got my period 9/19. I didn't cut back on my training too much until we decided to start trying (late September), so it may have been a combination of increased breastfeeding overlapping with physical stress from nursing. I didn't realize it was normal to have anovulatory cycles! How did you know? Were you temping and tracking ovulation, or were you missing periods? I hope you get good news soon!
    Me: 37 DH: 36
    Married: 2013
    DD born: 2014
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited November 2016
    @Sailing_Mama that's okay because I know gifts aren't his love language. He's more of an acts of service and quality time kinda guy. In fact, he planned out our annual trip to Rockefeller Center to recreate our first picture together by the tree. He also grocery shops, cooks, and washes / dries clothes while reading labels and following directions. Who need some gifts with a guy like that?!  :)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @laurad75, I'm so frustrated for you. Sorry that happened. 

@Njtrimed , I've heard medical school is so stressful. It's great that you are back to ovulating despite the stress. 

@littlebug2010 please come wrap my presents! I feel so lazy! 

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 42/7

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O

Testing: Undecided. 

R/R: I feel like all my students are just checked out and I'm repeating myself a lot because no one is listening! 
    Good news: I got grocery shopping done after work. I love having a fridge full of groceries, and I can relax and watch Gilmore Girls tonight. 

CS/Q: No questions: I just feel like this week is going by really slowly while I wait to test. 

GTKY:  How are you feeling about the holidays right now?  Show me in a GIF! I don't know how to GIF 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I'm actually terrible at dieting but I was able to do the first round because it's so strict that it forced me to meal plan. Your partner definitely has to be willing to do it too though. 

@swimsister no!!! It's ok. My situation is just different and I always think about flipping coins when I ovulate. I always think maybe this month will be the correct side (which obviously I don't usually know.) But even with crazy odds, many women get KU every day so I'll keep the faith! 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm spotting so I'm probably out... AF will probably show tonight or tomorrow. If it shows tonight do I count today as cd1?
  • Options
    JuneRoseRubyJuneRoseRuby member
    edited December 2016
    @Brooklyngirl6 your first day of full red flow (enough to fill a tampon or pad by the end of the day) is CD1. That being said I would only count today as cd1 if that happens but most likely it will be tomorrow 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    @Brooklyngirl6 I would probably count that as CD1, but it can be dependent on your usual cycles. Last month was my first month off BC in 10+ years and I hadn't had AF for over 6. So my first day of AF I didn't have hardly anything until around 5pm and it was very, very light. Over 4 days, it remained quite light and spotty. But I still counted the whole 4 days as AF and CD 1-4. Never filled a pad or tampon though.
  • Options
    Finally back in my own bed! @dragonfly87 @starla I am nervous but I am going to try to stay positive even if BFN 
    thanks for taking a look! I think it's likely I O'd that day too  @wabash15

Hope to see some new grads tomorrow!
    Me & DH: 29
    Married June 2015
    NTNP January 2016
    TTC #1 October 2016

Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e54f/