1st Trimester
Options

**UPDATE Bleeding, No Cramping/Tissue - 4 weeks (HCG checked Friday)

jlf1019jlf1019 member
edited November 2016 in 1st Trimester
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in mid-October (my second miscarriage, but with one healthy baby in between). Everything resolved naturally, and my period returned just 10 days after my miscarriage on October 25. I had follow up blood work done to track and make sure my HCG got down to below 5. Knowing my November period was approaching, I took a pregnancy test last Sunday just to see...and it was positive. I called my doc last Monday and I got my HCG checked -- it was at 103, which they said did line up with my LMP. I got it checked again on Friday.

Saturday evening, I noticed a brown discharge when I wiped. Overnight and into Sunday, it progressed to full-on bright red blood. I wouldn't quite say it's as heavy as a period, but it's been pretty steady. But I have not "soaked" a pad and I have not had any cramping and/or tissue. My body doesn't "feel" like it did when I had my miscarriage in October. But I don't think this is just implantation bleeding, as it's not just spotting. It's definitely lighter this morning, but it's still continuing.

My doc just called with my lab work from Friday and my HCG was 289.3 -- which she said was an appropriate increase. She seemed positive about my bloodwork until I told her about the bleeding. She still of course couldn't say for sure, and she wants me to get my levels checked again tomorrow. 

I am prepared for the worst -- I'm not trying to convince myself that there will be a positive outcome. But I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had any heavy bleeding episodes in the first trimester that haven't resulted in miscarriage. My very first miscarriage was a missed MC -- no bleeding, cramping, etc. and resulted in a D&C. My October miscarriage had heavy bright red, sometimes thick, bleeding, accompanied by strong cramps -- I knew immediately what was happening. This time -- it's just blood. No other symptoms. 

Thanks in advance. It's hard to just sit around and wait for another 24 hours! 

Re: **UPDATE Bleeding, No Cramping/Tissue - 4 weeks (HCG checked Friday)

• Options
    It could be a subchorionic hemorrhage but until you see your doctor there's no way to know. I'm sorry you're in this limbo. I know it's very difficult.  
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for you! FX
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My midwife just called with my HCG results from yesterday. Back down to 103, so it looks like another miscarriage. She wants me to recheck in a week, and at that time, we're going to check thyroid, other hormone levels, etc. to try to find the cause since I officially met the criteria for "recurrent miscarriage." She is suspecting a clotting disorder perhaps. My progesterone at my draw last Friday was also really low, even before the bleeding began. Thanks for the thoughts and feedback! 
  • Options
    @jlf1019 - So sorry. Hugs!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options