May 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change--11.29

How far along are you? 

How big is baby?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales??
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change--11.29

• Options
    How far along:
    18 weeks!

How big is baby?
    the size of an artichoke 

Appointments this week?
    none this week but we have the anatomy scan a week from tomorrow!!!

Symptoms: 
    occasional back pain and headaches here and there.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rave...
    we have 8 more days until we find out the sex if this LO!!!!!!!!
    Rant...
    I woke up with the worse back pain, bad enough I'm going to take something to relieve the pain. I hate taking anything for any kind of pain... 

GTKY: Whats on your holiday wish list?
    I had told DH I really wanted the Boppy Body pillow for Christmas and to go shopping for the baby the day we find out the sex!! He decided since I had been talking about how amazing it would be to have a new body pillow he went out and bought it for me as an early gift!! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Avocado

Appointments this week? none

Symptoms? Heartburn, surplus of cm

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales?? I have a really hard time coming up with things that I want... The last time I was at my parent's house, my mom made some really yummy grilled cheese sandwiches on her George Foreman, so maybe one of those. 

@Kipperoo - Do you get to see a show? 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    17 weeks

How big is baby?
    Pomegranate or onion

Appointments this week? 
    None for a little under 2 weeks, then the anatomy scan

Symptoms?
    Some heartburn and headaches, generally uncomfortable and moody.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rave: I believe I am starting to feel more definite movement! Felt like it could be gas last week but now it feels like light little flicking from the inside and is usually after I eat.
    Rant: I am just so moody the smallest thing can set me off, which isn't good for stressful days at work.

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales??
    DH keeps asking what I want, he already got his Christmas gift (a new TV) so there is only me left. Honestly I cannot think of what I want.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks
    How big is baby? the size of a can of soda or an avocado
    Appointments this week? Yep, on Thursday - No ultrasound so it'll be a rather boring appointment
    Symptoms? just getting bigger - the occasional dizzy spell but luckily, not bad
    Rant/Rave/Questions? I hate chicken - everything about it grosses me out lately
    GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales??   For Christmas, I'm asking for a new rug for my bedroom LOL Is that lame? We just moved into a new house and I'd rather have my house set up than get another sweater or a pair of leggings.
    So not lame AT ALL. Last year, we had just moved into our new house and all I wanted was a new mattress. So that's what I got, haha...at least a rug is pretty!! 
  • Options
    @emilyalso, (stuck in a box! WTF!), no...I sadly do not get to see a show. I'll be slam packed with work stuff. Which is part of the reason (most of the reason) I do not want to go. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? Apple

Appointments this week? Nope. Next week I see the hematologist on Tuesday and the OB on Thursday. Hematologist appointments make me grumpy, but I am excited for the OB appt and to hear the heartbeat. 

Symptoms? I have been able to go a week or so with out taking anything for nausea! Still exhausted, but can actually get something done before sitting on my butt. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? It's officially Christmas season!!! 

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales?? The last couple years we opted to just make a bigger ticket purchase we had been putting off. So this year it was a double video baby monitor, laptop, and blind for our sliding door. I had wanted a video monitor for our first, but didn't have one. It has been set up for 3 days and I am in love!! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tuesday Tickers! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? as big as a pomegranate

Appointments this week? nope

Symptoms? occasional headaches, new onset of back pain, hip pain if on my feet for too long

Rant/Rave/Questions? I started getting nervous about how long I can continue to work at the bedside in the recovery room this pregnancy after how busy we've been these past few weeks. I did work in a trauma/critical care unit during my first pregnancy but the pace in the PACU is quite different. I'm sometimes on the constant for like 5 hours straight and like last night it was the whole 8 hours. Plus, I had a patient that woke up from anesthesia "bat shit crazy". Hopefully, my current OB will put me on modified duty like my first did at 32 weeks. Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant.

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales?? I went crazy online shopping yesterday for maternity clothes and to make me feel better, I ordered a bunch of stuff for my husband and son too! Otherwise, we'll be putting our funds into the new house we just purchased!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options

How big is baby? A box of crayons 

Appointments this week? Had a regular Appt today. Everything went well. Dr is a little worried about my weight loss (I have plenty to lose) but as I am keeping stuff down and the meds are helping it's fine.  

Symptoms? Still sick. Tried getting off my ms meds bc I thought I was getting over it but was so sick so will try again in a few weeks. Food aversions otherwise nothing. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? None. Schedule an US with an outside place next week to see if we can find out the gender. So excited 

Nothing on my list. I recently got a new DSLR as I outgrew my old one and hubby got a new vehicle and tv. We did some house renovations and such so there isn't much left to buy and we are saving some money to spend on baby stuff. 

• Options
    Hello! I'm new to the Tuesday ticker thread.

How far along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? Peach

Appointments this week? I had my monthly checkup today, and it was mostly fine. The doctor found the heartbeat right away on doppler, which was great. But my blood pressure was high, and, since that was an issue in my last pregnancy, they want a 24-hour urine collection to get my baseline numbers in case my BP remains a problem. Fuuuun.

Symptoms? A little more energy, and I can finally stomach the taste of hot coffee in the morning. Yay!

Rant/Rave/Questions? The return of coffee in my life is pretty much the best thing ever.

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales? I did a bunch of online shopping over the weekend. Most of it was practical household items or stuff for our son, but I did treat myself to a bag from Kate Spade's big 75% sale.

@mrsrep123: I would definitely push for light duty. I worked FT nights on a med/surg tele floor when I was pregnant with my son, and it was a killer. I worked until the bitter end, and I really regret not being more assertive with my doctor about writing a note asking for a modified assignment. The last month or so was brutal!
  • Options
    Welcome @slowmo!

Yes, I definitely plan on inquiring with her when we get to that point. I just hope it isn't an issue. With my first OB, I mentioned it and right then and there, she wrote up all the necessary paperwork. Are you still on a medsurg/Tele floor?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 -- I left my job a few months ago to stay home with my 2 y/o. I got pregnant almost immediately after I left, which was good timing. I hope your doc is on your side and that you have sympathetic co-workers (a lifesaver for me last time).
  • Options
    How far along are you? 18 Weeks

How big is baby? Artichoke or bell pepper

Appointments this week? Anatomy scan on Friday!!

Symptoms? My lower abdomen is finally starting to get really firm! (I'm overweight pre-pregnancy, so I haven't been sure what to expect as far as when my bump would start to outwardly develop.) I've also felt some movement this week! Usually light and every 1-2 days, but it's a pretty distinct sensation.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rant - I've had a cold or something for the last 2 days with a low grade fever last night. I feel much better today though. I'm hoping the weather levels out soon so my sinuses can adjust.
    Rave - My anatomy scan is this Friday! I didn't think I would get so excited to learn the baby's sex, but I'm getting more and more giddy about it the closer that it gets. I also look forward to discussing the scan with my OB at my next appt (scan is at a separate office) to make sure s/he's developing appropriately.

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales?? I don't have anything personal on my wish list. H and usually buy 1-2 bigger items that we need. I'm sure we'll be on the look out for good deals since this will be our first baby and we still need pretty much everything.

@slowmo Welcome! I've had elevated BP so far this pregnancy, too - at least at the dr's office. I'm trying to not stress as much, but it seems to make the stress worse. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone!!  I guess I'm getting on late today! It finally rained here (woo hoo!!) so I spent all morning outside with the girls, and then younger daughter had therapy this afternoon. 

how far along are you- 15 weeks

how big is baby- cinnamon roll (which sounds amazing!) 

appointments? Not until mid December. 

Rants/raves/questions- rave- younger daughter waved bye to her therapist today!!!!!!!  This is HUGE for her, the first time she has done it!!!  B)

GTKY- I would love a solid wooden rocking chair. We have two glider rockers, and one has broken multiple times, the other kinda tilts a little to the side when you rock it.   I also pretty much always want more fabric to add to my quilting stash. 
  • Options
    Hey hey!

I'm 15 weeks

Size of a navel orange 

Appointment on Monday 

Symptoms include being nausea and I'm starting to feel "crampy" this week and also last week. Also feeling different types of pain and twinges in my lower abdomen area and I'm trying not to let it worry me. Just waiting for my apportionment on Monday.

Something exciting: the best man in our wedding and his wife had their baby today and that's exciting.

As far as a wish list, we aren't buying ourselves or anyone else presents this year since we are about to move into our 1st home in February and we're literally saving every last penny. So, my wish is to get them keys in my hands.
  • Options

How big is baby? an orange I think? 

Appointments this week? I had one Monday

Symptoms? Beginning to decline. I have more energy it seems. Still hungry all the time . 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just looked at some pregnancy weight gain calculators after being in the weight thread and I am wayyy over. Like, ten pounds over. My doctor didn't mention it yesterday so I'm going to try and not think about it anymore. It's pointless to beat myself up or worry about it. 

GTKY: What's on your holiday wish list? Or if you don't celebrate the holidays, anything you are coveting from all of the crazy sales
    I wanted a fit bit and some ikea storage furniture to organize DS's toys in either the breakfast nook or the front sitting room in our house. I can't decide what I want to do. Part of me wants to do a whole play room but that sitting room is the most feminine room in the house and the place I sit and chat with girlfriends when we have parties. It's really pretty and I spent a lot of time decorating it. BUT, my son and this coming child could sure use a play room and having most things in one place would help keep me sane I feel like. Anyone have opinions on this? Would love to hear.