April 2016 Moms
Options

Leaving LO with gramps

Have you ever left your LO with his/her grandparents/other guardians for a day or two so you can recover a little bit? Did it include night time? How did it go? 

And for second time moms, when were you able to leave your kid(s)for the weekend or for a good week without having to worry. How old were they?

Re: Leaving LO with gramps

• Options
    We left LO with his grandparents at a month old to celebrate our anniversary with a good night of sleep. and then last month because we really sick. it helped us out really well and he was able to get some really good sleep as well.
  • Options
    We left DS at his grandma's overnight at 3 months to celebrate DH's birthday. I was worried that it would mess up his sleep because he was becoming such a good night time sleeper. He slept wonderfully for her and then started consistently sleeping through the night very shortly thereafter! haha! We should have tried it sooner! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest has sensory processing disorder and anxiety. When we left her for 2 hours, at 6 months, with my ILs to get dinner during a weekend interview for DH, we came back to see her in a comatose-like state. Eyes open, couldn't move, couldn't make a sound (my brother does the same thing when his anxiety gets too much for his body to handle-really scary!). She's gotten much better over her 6 years, but we still haven't left them for more than a night. My main fear is that my ILs are getting too old (mid 70's) to be chasing 4 under 6, not to mention that they're tricky and "make" grandma and grandpa do things for them that we would never allow (and that the kids know that are not allowed). Also, DS1 has a nut allergy, so I'm always worried that sitters aren't as careful as we are.
    Sincerely, Attached Worry-Wart Mom
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Confession - I've never left LO with anyone, including daddy, for more than 4 hours. The time I did, DS preferred to starve than take a bottle. I'm not looking forward to when I return to work. :anguished:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    redselig said:
    Confession - I've never left LO with anyone, including daddy, for more than 4 hours. The time I did, DS preferred to starve than take a bottle. I'm not looking forward to when I return to work. :anguished:
    Right there with you! If I leave L for more than an hour, I miss her too much and am racing back home. I come home to find her completely content lol. How am I going to go back to work? I get instantly sad. I'm enjoying my time with her so much. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    redselig said:
    Confession: I didn't leave L with anyone for more than a couple of hours until I went back to work when she was 9 months old... The few times I left her at all before then were one date-night, and two job interviews. Even now (she will be four on Thursday), the only time she has had an overnight away from me were the two nights I was in the hospital having R.  I feel some guilt that R hasn't gotten that same amount of undivided attention from me, but I realize that it's been a little crazy. I feel like I am much more relaxed with baby #2.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    With my daughter we didn't leave her until she was like 2 or 3.  We're hopefully leaving both the grandparents in the next few months so we can go away together.  I just feel terrible leaving them before they are sleeping well, I hate to put that on someone else.