February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 11/21/16

2»

Re: Symptoms 11/21/16

• For those having Braxton hicks contractions, when you get the stomach tightening are you also getting the intense feeling of having to pee?
  • I'm getting BH like crazy! Went to L&D last night and luckily that's all it is but man I'm miserable today.   @lfrank12 mine seem to get a little worse when I have to pee.   How long work this last?
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 x every freaking day this week for contractions 
    This didn't start for me this much until 35 weeks last time :(

• This is my second pregnancy and I honestly don't remember how I felt at this stage 4yrs ago but omg...it feels like my stomach cannot stretch any further. It's sooooo tight all of the time and the movements of baby definitely hurt. I'm 30w1d and it almost feels like I'm 38wks. 

i cannot eat anything with tomato sauce, heavy on seasonings or drink soda or the wrath of heartburn will be unbearable. Also, nothing filling immediately before bed which includes my massive glass of milk because middle of the night, dream interrupting heartburn. I love milk. It's my one true constant craving. 

My hips have started to hurt constantly as well. And lower back pain when on my feet too much. Time to break out the prenatal yoga and exercise ball (because rotating on the ball really does help make the hips feel better). 

P.s. Mylanta is amazing when the reflux starts. It really helps kill that coughing, can't breathe throat burn. 

P.s.s. Sorry for the book. 
  • I've entered heartburn territory lately. Luckily it hasn't been wicked bad, but I still feel that burning sensation in hte back of my throat and slight nausea in my stomach. I have a fairly calm baby over all when it comes to movement though; he or she is most active early in the morning or late at night, the rest of the day I might get a slight kick here and there, but nothing major.
  • I never get UTI's. I remember I got one when I was 12 years old and thankfully didn't get another one until now.  Husband and I DTD and I'm quite positive that's why I have it now.  
    Doc prescribed antibiotics yesterday which are helping.  But now I've got nausea and diarrhea. I feel exhausted. I was hoping to actually feel rested when I go to work tomorrow.  
    Needless to say,  we will not be DTD for the rest of the pregnancy.  Do not need to deal with this again.  

• Or you could just pee after sex? I thought that was common knowledge...
    Yep. That's pretty common practice for me. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is Pepcid complete safe to take? The heartburn has started...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • AfKash said:
    I never get UTI's. I remember I got one when I was 12 years old and thankfully didn't get another one until now.  Husband and I DTD and I'm quite positive that's why I have it now.  
    Doc prescribed antibiotics yesterday which are helping.  But now I've got nausea and diarrhea. I feel exhausted. I was hoping to actually feel rested when I go to work tomorrow.  
    Needless to say,  we will not be DTD for the rest of the pregnancy.  Do not need to deal with this again.  
    Yeah, or just pee after!! Would you really go that long without sex because of a UTI? You're gonna go forever after the baby comes too!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Or you could just pee after sex? I thought that was common knowledge...
    Before, too!

Is Pepcid complete safe to take? The heartburn has started...
    Category B :)
  • Is Pepcid complete safe to take? The heartburn has started...
    My OB recommended Pepcid 
  • I'm really prone to UTIs and swear by D mannose

Now Foods D-mannose Capsules, 500 mg, 120 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NMPR2OW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZC3oybBNK2QHW
  • Tums seem to help with heartburn, but it's been hard for me too!  

I think UTI's during pregnancy are more frequent, but not just caused by sex,  right?  Not a concern in this house because I haven't been in the mood for sex at all lately.   Moo.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Partyof6? said:
    Tums seem to help with heartburn, but it's been hard for me too!  

I think UTI's during pregnancy are more frequent, but not just caused by sex,  right?  Not a concern in this house because I haven't been in the mood for sex at all lately.   Moo.
    Definitely not just caused by sex! I also don't think they cause diarrhea and nausea (maybe the antibiotics do though?)
  • Partyof6? said:
    Tums seem to help with heartburn, but it's been hard for me too!  

Definitely not just caused by sex! I also don't think they cause diarrhea and nausea (maybe the antibiotics do though?)
    UTIs don't cause the GI issues but antibiotics can be rough on the stomach!
  • Yes,  ladies. I peed after sex.  But you're more prone to UTI'S during pregnancy.  And yes,  the nausea and diarrhea is from the antibiotics. 

• AfKash said:
    Yes,  ladies. I peed after sex.  But you're more prone to UTI'S during pregnancy.  And yes,  the nausea and diarrhea is from the antibiotics. 
    Then why would you think the UTI is from sex? 
  • My nips have gotten so sore, sometimes my bra feels like sandpaper on them. Ouch!
  • @BlondePeanut my left nip seems to be the one that is getting all the symptoms. I accidently smacked my husbands hand away once when he grazed it! Now if he looks like he might try to get a feelskie I warn him "NOT THE LEFT ONE!!!" lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 - lol, DH tried to have an intimate moment with my chest too and I was like IT DOES NOT FEEL GOOD ANYMORE, NO TOUCHY. poor guy. both mine get random bouts every day of hurting like crazy 
  • Aww @foxrosy I'm sorry!!  <3<3
  • Awww, @foxrosy. I'm actually the opposite.  I don't want sex at all during this entire pregnancy. In a way,  I'm actually glad I have a good excuse  to not do it.  :smile:

• Haha @Partyof6? My mom got finished raising me and became my best friend. Lots of mom/daughters are weirded out/grossed out/jealous of our relationship. We can literally talk about anything, even our sex lives! Lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha @Partyof6? My mom got finished raising me and became my best friend. Lots of mom/daughters are weirded out/grossed out/jealous of our relationship. We can literally talk about anything, even our sex lives! Lol 
    I am so jealous of you and can only hope my daughter and I end up best friends. I'll take an advice book from your mom please. 
  • @homemake she's great! She had a really crappy relationship with her mom and didn't want that for us so she has always been super open and very non-judgey while still being the parent she needed to be. I only hope I can be half as awesome as her! 
    This gives me so much hope for myself! That's exactly how I want to be with my kids because my mom is so NOT that way.