May 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 11/25

what are your confessions? 

(Not guaranteed flame free!!) 

Re: FFFC 11/25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs ours is closed because ..... really. We go every year to my husbands cousin's house for thanksgiving and I have to find a way to politely not eat any of her baked goods because they make me sick some how. My husband has the same issue and scarfs down and then complains the next day. My son had massive diarrhea afterward last time we went down to where the daycare almost called us to come get him. I had one piece of a cookie and claimed I was soo full from dinner. We think she uses some artificial sweetener or something to make them not as bad for you as normal and we think thats what makes them no bueno for us. 
  • Options
    I scheduled 12 mos pics for Monday while hubs will be at work. I don't hate that it will just be my baby and me. 
  • Options
    I spent an unnecessary amount on swaddles last night during a sale. 
  • Options
    last night I had two slices of pie topped with cool whip and a hand full of chocolates!  (Not all at the same time of course!!!) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    but you saved! @achays11
  • Options
    lulubemadnesslulubemadness member
    edited November 2016
    What does fffc stand for? Flame free confession?
    If so or if not lemme know if im wrong putting this here 

(Went to toys r us to catch sale on baby wipes told ourselfz it's the only thing we were going to get....ended up walking out with 200 pack mega block art eisel (don't know that spelling sorry)  baby onesie (for on the way baby)an activity cube  a nabi and 4 boxes of wipes... 

(Edited)
  • Options
    I did @Yiggle09! So that makes it okay, right? 
  • Options
    exactly! @achays11 I just bought a thermometer on amazon that saved me 10 bucks if I were to buy it on a regular day- hate our thermometer for the record. 
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    exactly! @achays11 I just bought a thermometer on amazon that saved me 10 bucks if I were to buy it on a regular day- hate our thermometer for the record. 
     Do you have a thermometer recommendation? I hate the one we have as well! @Yiggle09
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    I just bought this one it was 18.99 during the lightening sale on amazon. @Icarriedawatermelon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHJVVZC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Nice! Thanks. 
  • Options
    I am hosting a parenting seminar next for the parents at my school and I haven't read the book yet that it is based on! 
  • Options

@MamaMiller that reminds me of the book summary reports I would write in grammar school. I made up everything and mostly received points for elaborating on what I learned from the book.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

@mia116 I 've heard the third trimester makes it so much harder to avoid a peed pants situation. Deff not looking forward to that.

Before leaving the house, my SO tells me that we'll leave after I've peed.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

FFFC: I keep telling members that we are closing early today.

Just because I want to make sure I get out on time...

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mia1116 said:
    I'm on my 3rd pair of sweatpants because I keep coughing and sneezing and pee myself. Not my favorite part of pregnancy.
    Haha, just wait!  I hit a point with my twins where I was either in Depends or carrying around a extra pair of pants and underwear.  By mid 20 weeks I peed the bed worse than a potty training toddler.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Yiggle09 said:
     Do you have a thermometer recommendation? I hate the one we have as well! @Yiggle09
    Which thermometer do y'all have now?  We have a Braun ear thermometer that I want to throw against the wall.  It freaking takes 3 or 4 times to get an accurate reading and it's not backlit so forget middle of the night temps with out waking up a kid.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    My confession? I am currently eating salsa for supper since my husband isn't home, even though I'm going to regret this in about 30 minutes. But you know what?? My stomach is sick and tired of the non-acidic diet it's use to so screw it!
  • Options
    I ate two pieces of sweet potato pie with whipped cream for breakfast and last night I threw away at least 10 perfectly fine tupperware containers witha the excuse of it being too nauseating to dump and clean them out to make room for Thanksgiving leftovers.
  • Options
    chickyclg said:
    mia1116 said:
    I'm on my 3rd pair of sweatpants because I keep coughing and sneezing and pee myself. Not my favorite part of pregnancy.
    Haha, just wait!  I hit a point with my twins where I was either in Depends or carrying around a extra pair of pants and underwear.  By mid 20 weeks I peed the bed worse than a potty training toddler.

Yikes! I never peed the bed with my son, but needed panty liners at all times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 I am so guilty of throwing away Tupperware instead of cleaning it out. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Good thing I buy cheap tupperware.
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7  We have so much and I know for a fact that no level of nagging is going to get anyone else to do it so it all went into a giant trash bag for DH to take out when he got home and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it a little bit
  • Options
    chickyclg said:

Yiggle09 said:
    Which thermometer do y'all have now?  We have a Braun ear thermometer that I want to throw against the wall.  It freaking takes 3 or 4 times to get an accurate reading and it's not backlit so forget middle of the night temps with out waking up a kid.
    The one we have is a Braun too! It's not like it was that cheap of a thermometer, but I can't stand it for all the reasons you've mentioned. Super frustrating.  I've said to my husband on more than one occasion that I'd spend some serious money to get a thermometer that actually does what it's supposed to! Haha
  • Options
    I like the Braun eat one well enough. I did rectal temps up to about 22 months though!

Maybe my FFFC about thermometers is I can't understand temping a sleeping baby. Let sleeping babies lie and for the love of god I want to be sleeping too whenever I can when they're sick! 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I like the Braun eat one well enough. I did rectal temps up to about 22 months though!

Maybe my FFFC about thermometers is I can't understand temping a sleeping baby. Let sleeping babies lie and for the love of god I want to be sleeping too whenever I can when they're sick! 
    For the most part I don't mind keeping them sleeping, DD has kidney reflux so any UTI over 104 is a hospital trip.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    I've yet to pee my pants and this is baby #3! Do your kegels ladies! 
    Although I'm sure I just jinxed myself!!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    Lol, twin pregnancies are no joke though.  I measured 56 weeks the day before mine came and getting up and down or rolling out of bed was when it normally happened.  Or when I sneezed, kegels probably would have helped with that one  :D

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    chickyclg said:
    h&pmomma said:
    Lol, twin pregnancies are no joke though.  I measured 56 weeks the day before mine came and getting up and down or rolling out of bed was when it normally happened.  Or when I sneezed, kegels probably would have helped with that one  :D
    Twin pregnancies, more power to you! I can't even imagine! The rolling out of bed at 35+ weeks with a singleton is nearly impossible! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited November 2016
    I hate kegels and I feel I can't do them unless I'm sitting 
  • Options
    Ok I have two, even though it's Saturday and I'm late as always. 

1. I have been sick with one thing or another for basically the whole month of November. Terrible stomach bug that lasted the first week, and now some kind of cold or something that's hung on for 2 weeks. I can't take any good medicine and have been exhausted. So of course last night hubs gets the man cold, and I just have no sympathy for his sniffles when he can take a good decongestant! 

2. Dittoing @mia1116 with the awful surprise pee attacks. I had a dr appt Monday and brought it up with her...and her advice (I kid you not) was to "make it more fun and do kegels with a toy to help grab on to"...... y'all I could have died. Not the kind of conversations I really want to have with my doctor lol
  • Options
    Ok there's a lot of talk going on about Harry Potter... so my confession is I've never seen a single Harry Potter movie! I read the first book but just never had any interest after that. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @CherylE418 oh that would be uncomfortable. I have to say, during my NP training, the women's health NP I'm with will put her fingers inside the patient and make the woman practice kegels until they're using the right muscles! Surprisingly enough, people don't seem to mind! She's kind of the vagina whisperer. 
  • Options
    @CherylE418 oh that would be uncomfortable. I have to say, during my NP training, the women's health NP I'm with will put her fingers inside the patient and make the woman practice kegels until they're using the right muscles! Surprisingly enough, people don't seem to mind! She's kind of the vagina whisperer. 
    That's what I need someone to do for me! I don't think I've ever done one right. I just can't figure it out. 

Thankfully though I never peed with my last pregnancy. I think I'm so anxious and uptight it's like Ft. Knox down there lol. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    Omg I would roll over and die!!! Although I guess it would be helpful to know if I was doing them right....but just...no thanks 
  • Options
    pshaortao said:
    @h&amp;pmomma

I find it completely ironic that your username has h&p which makes me think of Harry Potter haha. All the books are great!
    Yes! My daughters share a room and "H" and "P" hang on their walls and I always tell DH that it reminds me of Harry Potter or HP printers hahah 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14