Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-In Week of 11/21

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you. 

Mommies to be:
@chicandbubbly EDD 2/25/17 with 1 boy! 
@yelllow22 EDD 3/1/17 with 1 girl! 
@nirendoll EDD 3/3/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@vlbartlett EDD 3/5/17 with 1 bean! 
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/10/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy! 
@mrygoround EDD 3/28/17 with 1 girl! 
@pdbird EDD 3/28/17 with 1 boy!
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with 1 girl!
@jenn6782 EDD 4/7/17 with 1 girl!
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with 1 boy! 
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with 1 boy!
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 girl!
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/13 with 1 boy!
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with 1 bean!
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 with 1 boy!
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17 with 1 girl!
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30 with 1 bean!
@frustrated and ttc EDD 3/27/17 with 2 girls! 
@clt2pmw11 EDD 5/1/17
@halips EDD 5/1/17 with 1 girl!
@flanenrs1 EDD 5/3/17 with maybe 1 girl!
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with 1 boy!
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17 with 1 girl!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17

QOTW: What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory from childhood?
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-In Week of 11/21

• Hi friends! I'm 17 weeks today, and everything seems to be going well. I just have the long wait between now and my 20 week appointment when we will finally find out what we are having!

This week is my Iceland trip with my best friend from college. Because I won't be here for Thanksgiving, I cooked dinner for my family yesterday. This whole pregnancy I've been craving turkey, so I was in heaven! They made fun of me with my hot turkey and mayonnaise, but boy did it hit the spot!

As for the QOTW, when I was in middle school my best friend and I would eat Thanksgiving together. We would do lunch at her house and then dinner with my family. It was fun having someone my age to hang with.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Not too much happening this week, though I think I've joined the "can't eat tomato" club. I had ketchup with lunch yesterday, and a fair bit of heartburn in the afternoon, then pizza for dinner and dang the heartburn actually woke me up. That is a bummer, but I think I'll try ketchup again, just to be sure. If it comes back, no more tomato for me. I'm going to be 20 weeks on Saturday, so halfway for a normal gestation. Yay! At last check my three littles were doing well, all growing appropriately, and when I listened for the hearts on Saturday I found three. I also passed a Sunday without any bleeding, so that is a huge win. I kept expecting it all day because it happened two Sundays in a row, but none!

QOTW: What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory from childhood? We used to never spend Thanksgiving at home. One year we went camping in Yosemite for that week with my cousin (who lived with us) and my grandma. That was super fun. Then another year we went to Disneyworld for the week, which was also awesome! Then another year we went to Indio (about 1.5 hours from where we lived) and I did my first ever Black Friday, because there wasn't much else to do.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • @clt2pwm11 enjoy Iceland! I'll be eating so much hot turkey with mayo as well!

@aanddm2014 congrats on a no bleed Sunday!

I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow, crazy halfway there. No apt's this week, we had our a/s on Thursday and the MFM said everything looked great. 

QOTW: growing up every year we would go see my moms cousins at a VFW type hall in the Bronx, ny and then eat dinner with my dads family at his childhood home right down the road. My grandparents had their neighbor dress up as elves and run around the house jumping in front of windows and throwing popcorn. It used to scare the crap out of all of us but looking back now it's just a great memory to have. 
  • @ale9687 Yay for halfway tomorrow!! How exciting! And I'm glad your AS went great! Your grandparent's neighbor sounds amazing! That would be so much fun, though maybe a bit scary for a kid.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 I feel you on the no tomato thing. I am revolted by the taste right now. Also, your travels during Thanksgiving break sound great! What is Yosemite like during this time of year?

@ale9687 Whoa! You're halfway there! Whoa! Living on a prayer! Congrats!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 it was beautiful! Cold, but no snow in the valley yet. And there usually aren't that many people, at least compared to a summer day. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Interesting that so many of you hate tomatoes right now! I have been able to eat them my whole pregnancy thankfully because I love all things tomato. I am 26 weeks now and it is crazy that my name is at the top of 2nd tri meaning I am next to move on to third tri!

Things have been mostly uneventful for me lately. I have been having a few braxton hicks and some foot/hip pain but nothing terrible really. I've been enjoying getting the nursery ready and baby boy is kicking all day long now and much harder then before. I love it!

Congrats on halfway there @ale9687 and @AandDM2014 :)

QOTW: So many fun childhood holiday memories it is hard to choose! I am so looking forward to starting our own little family traditions. We always had way too much food, especially desserts with about 10 options to choose from. I cannot wait for turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing etc... I have been craving a Thanksgiving meal for a while now :)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Glad everything is going well for you @chicandbubbly!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• I am 15+5 (EDD 5/10) today and *finally* starting to show a bit of a bump.  I am so ready!

My husband and I are planning planners who like to plan, so we've already come up with a name for our baby girl, and we've got a variety of lists to keep track of what we've picked out for baby but not yet bought, what we've been given by people, and what we've already bought.  Lots of logistics getting worked out these last few weeks, which I'm really enjoying.

We have our next appt tomorrow.  Nothing special at this one (I think).  My husband is actually having a blood draw, because my genetic carrier screening testing showed that I carry the gene for cystic fibrosis.  We aren't actually concerned at all, because she'd have to get bad genes from both my husband and I, and that is extremely unlikely.  Caucasians carry CF at a rate of 1 in 29, but those of African descent are only 1 in 17,000....so the likelihood of us BOTH carrying it and also BOTH passing it on is like 1 in 2 million.  Not worried about those odds!  One of the first things my OB said to us in our first visit is how happy she is when she sees interracial couples in her office, because we have such different genes it is really unlikely that we will both have the same bad gene to pass on.  Yay for interracial relationships!

My most favorite T-day memories were gathering with my family. My mom and her 5 living brothers and their families would all go to my grandparents' home for a massive gathering with great food eating off of my great, great grandmother's china.  Everyone always got along and the food was just delicious.  Lots of fun memories.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @PNW12RN Oh my, I love your list planning! I too am a planner, and really enjoy making lists of all sorts! I hope your DH has a good blood draw and you get good results. Also, yay for bump!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @clt2pwm11 It gets so hard to transition from those frequent IF appointments to monthly appointments. It gets easier, especially when you start feeling them move constantly! Have a great time in Iceland!!!!!

@AandDM2014 Congrats on a bleed free Sunday! I couldn't eat anything acidic either for a while. And then around 24 weeks I couldn't eat ANYTHING without painful heartburn or reflux that would also wake me up. I had been trying to not take any medications that weren't necessary so I tried acupuncture points, sleeping sitting up, drinking milk. Nothing worked ad it was miserable. I had to break down and start taking zantac twice a day. But I'm telling you, I feel so much better!

@ale9687 Congrats on a normal A/S!!!!!

@chicandbubbly I feel ya on the hip pain! I hope it hasn't been too bad for you! 

@PNW12RN It must be nice to have a husband that also likes to plan! I have a plan for everything and want it done immediately and my husband has no sense of urgency. It makes me furious sometimes, but I suppose he balances me. Fx for good results from your husband's blood work!

AFM... I thought I was graduating last week!!!! Apparently the third trimester doesn't start until week 28, which is this upcoming Friday for me. *sigh* So, I failed my one hour glucose test last week and had my three hour test this past Saturday (which was terrible). Hopefully I passed because I will never make it through the holidays with gestational diabetes! My next OB appointment is 12/1/16. On a happier note.... after today I am on vacation for 12 days where I will do all of my holiday decorating and shopping. Bonus? The shower I'm not supposed to know about is Saturday!!!!! It's going to be a great week :smiley: Also... Delaney is probably going to be a gymnast in the future. She's a wild one in there!!!!

QOTW: My childhood thanksgivings were pretty normal and uneventful. The highlight was breaking the wishbone with my bother every year. Honestly, they have become much more enjoyable since I took over cooking 5 years ago. My family used to do pre-packaged foods that didn't require much effort. I cook from scratch and the spread has improved significantly. I will actually be cooking and cleaning from the time I get home today until Thanksgiving is over. I doubt I'll be back on here until next week. Everyone have a great holiday!!!!!!
    Me: 31 / DH: 32
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011
    DX: unexplained infertility

1st IUI 12/23/15 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 1/8/16 BFN
    2nd IUI 1/22/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 2/8/16 BFN
    3rd IUI 2/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 3/15/16 BFN
    4th IUI 3/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 4/11/16 BFN
    5th IUI 4/26/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 5/11/16 BFN
    *****TRIGGER*****
    6th and final IUI 5/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    1st Beta on 6/8/16 @ 12piui: 22; 2nd Beta 6/10/16 84.4; 3rd Beta 6/13/16 300; 4th Beta 6/16/16 1168; 5th and final beta 6/20/16 4188
    1st U/S 6/23/16 - Two babies! One measuring 6w1d with a visible heartbeat!!! The other is measuring small and isn't likely to make it
    2nd U/S 7/5/16 - Baby #2 didn't make it :cry: Baby #1 is measuring right on schedule and has a FHR of 143!!
    3rd US 7/15/16 - Baby #1 right on schedule! FHR 168!!! Discharged from RE!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NurseTMD85 Glad to know I'm not the only one having a tough time finding relief from heartburn! I'm definitely going to ask my doc about Zantac at my next appointment. Yesterday it got so bad that I wanted to stick a fire extinguisher down my throat! I'm sorry you failed your 1 hour. Hopefully you get results soon from your three hour, and it's negative! And yay for baby shower! How fun! And your vacation sounds wonderful, though cooking an entire Thanksgiving meal by yourself does not. I hope you have fun though!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @NurseTMD85 Sorry you failed the 1 hour. In my pregnancy with my son I brutally failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour by 1 point. I actually have to do an early screen this time to see if I'm at risk again. I was going to go last week, but was still dealing with "morning sickness" and the thought of drinking the drink made me gag. Good luck to you!

AFM:
    17 weeks with a girl. This is our second child resulting from FET #1 with a PGS embryo.

All is going well! Nausea is significantly better, and now just dealing with heartburn, which I can handle. I have my anatomy scan coming up Dec. 7th and a regular old appt DEc. 6th with the doctor. 

QOTW: I remember one Thanksgiving we stayed at a fancy hotel and ate at the buffet. My siblings and I ate like crazy and were running around sampling everything. So much fun!
  • Hey everyone! Long time since I've posted. I've been busy with work and going on vacation. I'm 22 weeks today and have my fetal echogram this afternoon. At my anatomy scan about 3 weeks ago, the doctor noticed I have an anterior low lying placenta. So they're going to see if it has corrected itself. Also, they want to check the baby's diaphragm again. Apparently, my little boy was a little stubborn and didn't move in the right position for the ultrasound so they got some sub-optimal views. I'm hoping he will be cooperative today. :)

I haven't been feeling much movement or kicks and getting a little nervous, so today's ultrasound will be reassuring. Too bad I have a lingering cold where I keep coughing. That will stink today if I have a coughing fit on the table.

Otherwise, noting else new.

QOTW: Turkey day tradition . . . My Grandma had a ping pong table at her house where we were having Thanksgiving, and we would have a "Turkey Tournament" where each member of my 50 person extended family would play. It was so much fun and most times, Grandma won! 
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird I have my fetal echo in two weeks, they told me it'll take up to 2 hrs. Hopefully your little one will cooperate and you can see him moving all around on the screen. I'm 20 weeks and the only days I really feel anything are the two days I work home and am laying on the couch most of the day. 
  • @NurseTMD85 I am sorry you failed your glucose test....hope the 3 hours goes better....holidays would be hard with serious sugar limitations :(  I took my 1 h yesterday and in the meantime have indulged a little, eating a donut this morning in case it comes back high lol

@chicandbubbly I am with you on the tomatoes...I have always liked them but now I truly crave them sometimes.

@AandDM2014 I found the peppermint Tums helped with heart burn, also eating small frequent meals rather than big ones and trying not to eat within the 2 hours before bed time. I had horrible heart burn the first trimester (but minimal nausea and no vomiting so NOT complaining!). Now I have it when I eat too much at once or with the slightest of spiciness, I keep cutting out more and more of my taco seasoning in my burritos and I still get heart burn!

AFM baby's heart beat yesterday was good and I finally felt her kicks with my hand on the OUTSIDE (my hand lifted!!!) I told my hubby to be ready if I suddenly yank his hand, but the kicks are still infrequent so not sure it will work out yet for him to feel her. Part 2 of our anatomy scan tomorrow and then no appointments for 4 weeks. 

QOTW: I am from Canada so we celebrated Thanksgiving in October (not really sure why...maybe because we harvest earlier lol?). I got to spend this years Thanksgiving with my family in Canada and I have to work on Thursday so I am glad I got at least one Turkey dinner under my belt this year :)

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • chicandbubblychicandbubbly member
    edited November 2016
    So apparently my post from yesterday disappeared, but I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for this year! I am so grateful for each and every one of you and the support you have offered to me during IF and now pregnancy. Have a blessed holiday!!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA, I have been dealing with severe pain for a couple weeks that turned out to be my first UTI. I just finished my anti-biopics and I'm feeling so much better.  I also had my 20 week ultrasound which went well.  I'm super behind at work, and desperately trying to catch up.  But, I will not have to teach any classes next semester which will be awesome! I have a fetal echocardiogram scheduled for mid-December.  It nice to see everyone is doing well.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • @chicandbubbly I saw your other post and I think @AandDM2014 had posted too before my post yesterday. All gone, including all of my "Love it" clicks.

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone, I've been MIA for a week, lots of work at the office. I sometimes feel like I can't enjoy this pregnancy because work is getting in the way... waiting for the xmas break.
    Congrats on being half-way @AandDM2014 and @ale9687 !

@cmm012 so sorry to hear about your UTI. Hope you feel better. Congrats on being half-way too! 

AFM: I am 17 weeks and 2 days today. I feel my belly getting really hard sometimes, especially in the evening after dinner. Also have been feeling this uncomfortable pressure on my pelvis, maybe cervix, I can't tell the difference to be honest. But I worry a bit because I had a surgery on my cervix a few years back to remove some pre-cancerous cells. So I guess it's shorter... Next appointment is on Sunday, so I will discuss it with my doc then. Anyone else had this? 

On a positive note, we found out we are expecting a little girl and are both over the moon. Can't wait to see her on Sunday in the scan. 

QOTW: Hope you all had a lovely Thanks Giving
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Thanks @flanners1, though technically for me 20 weeks isn't half way as there is no way these babies would ever make it to 40 weeks, but it is interesting going from miscarriage to stillbirth if anything happens to them (being pregnant after a miscarriage makes me think of horrible things like losing them). I hope on Sunday your doc can reassure you about the sensations you've been having. My tummy gets harder as the day progresses as well, and especially after dinner feels very hard. Also, yay for baby girl!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi all! First time posting here, just moved over from the first tri board. Im 15 wks as of
    today, got to see my little guy Wednesday and he looked good, was rolling around happily, the OB commented on my "squirmy little man".
    as for the QOTW, I'm lucky that I had a lot of nice thanksgivings growing up- no single one stands out to me particularly. I always loved watching the parade on tv with my mom as he smell of cooking turkey filled the house. Next year hubby and I are planning to host our first (as we'd prefer to not travel with the lil one) and I'm hoping to create lots of fun new memories.
    re: @flanners1 , been having similar experiences to you, particularly after eating a big dinner. I'm trying to not worry about it too much cause things looked good cervix-wise for me like 2 days ago. My money is on between relaxin weakening your pelvic joints, a new baby and amniotic fluid pressing down and the weight of a big meal all on your pelvis, you're bound to have a bit of discomfort. I will lay down when I've felt that and it generally makes me feel better. If you hear otherwise at your appt let me know and I'll see my doc again, too!
    anyway- hope everyone is well!
  • @flanners1 my belly gets hard too later in the day, your digestion really slows down. Between that and gas it can cause your belly to get hard. I also get the pelvic pressure, most times my little
    man is still low most of the time. It could be your little one resting low, closer to your pelvic bone and that's the pressure you feel. 
  • Hi! I am currently 15 weeks with a girl  <3  due 05/21/17. Energy is starting to come back and I am feeing more like myself. My next appt is next week for my monthly check-in. Looking forward to my belly starting to show and feeling some movement in the next few weeks. I had a nice and relaxing Thanksgiving. My last one kid free!
    Me: 30 - DH: 33 
    Married 06/26/10
    TTC Since December 2014
    Diagnosis: anovulatory cycles
    IUI #1: 04/17/16 (100mg Clomid & Ovidrel) = BFN 
    IUI #2: 05/14/16 (100 mg Clomid) = BFN
    IUI #3: 06/11/16 (100mg Clomid)= BFN
    IUI #4: 07/12/16 (Non-medicated) = BFN
    IVF#1: 08/28/16 = BFP!
    Baby Girl Coming 05/21/17 <3