May 2017 Moms

FFFC 11.18

2»

Re: FFFC 11.18

• @sarah0985 H - I love it! Lol although damned husband makes DH not so bad  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited November 2016
    just saw this was a duplicate post... so I deleted it

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • mrsrep123 said:
    Caught myself waddling today... LOL... it's waaaaay to early for that sh*t!

In my pregnancies, I waddle very early because of symphysis pubis dysfunction. I have limped around a bit and possibly waddled a bit already. And we have hardly told anyone I'm pregnant yet! I'm still walking normally 95% of the time, but I think that it's likely I'll be walking strangely before I'm legitimately showing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm guilty of not eating deli meat even though I once got e coli from spinach. It makes no sense! But I actually would eat deli meat straight out of the package because I've arbitrarily decided that's ok. This is if I were eating meat. I'm still on a steady diet of carbs and lemonade.

So my fffc is I'm traveling for work to Seattle tomorrow to go sit in the rain at a football game with clients and I'm dreading it so bad! I don't know the football rules. I'm bitter I have to work on a Sunday and probably the most bummed that I can't even drink heavily, which is what normally would get me through. Any tips for sitting through a football game in the pouring rain?

And random side note because I have no one else to tell I'm in a fight with my mom because she lives ten minutes from us and is so unhelpful as a grandma even though she thinks she is helpful. My new rule is if you want to see the kids ever you have to help sometimes and that includes some picking up and dropping off and baby sitting. Which I get, sounds crazy maybe, but I have no time or patience for a 65 year old fourth kid.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tenfour - My husband's family has UGA season tickets, and we attend games regardless of the weather. Do you have rain pants? YOU NEED THEM! The dryer you are, the less miserable you will be. Walmart probably has some cheap in the sporting goods section. They are unflattering AF, but so worth it! 
  • @emilyalso those sounds horrible but I better go run and get some. Thank you! I do have a super flattering (not) rain poncho thing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tenfour I went to the Baylor game a few weeks ago and it was raining almost the whole time. Not hard, but a decent steady drizzle. I had jeans and a rain jacket on and just kept my hood on the whole time. 
  • hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited November 2016
    @tenfour I live just outside of Seattle, and it's been definitely cold and rainy. Like maybe 50 for a high so definitely dress warm! A rain jacket for sure and if it's not very thick a sweater underneath. Boots so your feet don't get cold from being wet and some good socks! 
    Even though you can't indulge in a beer, find some good food at the game! I haven't been to the stadium here but I heard they have pretty good options! 

I've never understood why Seattle doesn't have a covered stadium... I mean it rains like 9 months out of the year. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @h&pmomma that is such a great point! It makes no sense.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SparkySunDevil I'm the same way with waddling sometimes because my sciatica hurts so much. I asked a nurse about it earlier this week (because it's been getting worse for the past 1.5 months). She basically said I can do stretches (and physical therapy if it gets unmanageable), but the only thing that's really going to help is having the baby. 
  • @tenfour they may have some hot drinks too to warm you from the inside. At October baseball games they added hot chocolate to the standard offerings and even grown men on their 8th beer got excited for it! 

May '17 labor memes
  • @SparkySunDevil I'm the same way with waddling sometimes because my sciatica hurts so much. I asked a nurse about it earlier this week (because it's been getting worse for the past 1.5 months). She basically said I can do stretches (and physical therapy if it gets unmanageable), but the only thing that's really going to help is having the baby. 
    I ended up with physical therapy for my sciatic pain during my first pregnancy. It definitely helped! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • kat81 said:
    mrsrep123 said:
    Caught myself waddling today... LOL... it's waaaaay to early for that sh*t!

In my pregnancies, I waddle very early because of symphysis pubis dysfunction. I have limped around a bit and possibly waddled a bit already. And we have hardly told anyone I'm pregnant yet! I'm still walking normally 95% of the time, but I think that it's likely I'll be walking strangely before I'm legitimately showing.
    I have sacroiliitis so I start waddling as soon as the relaxin hits my bloodstream.  The ligaments that hold my hips and tailbone together turn to mush, to quote the chiropractor.  I look ridiculous!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• @kat81 @SparkySunDevil @starphish18 @h&pmomma @JonesBaby0624 you all have legitimate reasons for the early waddle. Sounds uncomfortable and hopefully you find some relief in the next 6-7 months. I think I'm just out of shape  :(

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• mrsrep123 said:
    @kat81 @SparkySunDevil @starphish18 @h&pmomma @JonesBaby0624 you all have legitimate reasons for the early waddle. Sounds uncomfortable and hopefully you find some relief in the next 6-7 months. I think I'm just out of shape  :(
    Actually if I was in better shape my "legitimate reason" would be mitigated and I would not be waddling yet.