February 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 11/14

Doctors and nurses and midwives, oh my!

Re: Appointments week of 11/14

• 26 week check up with the Dr on 11/18. Getting ready for those biweekly appts...I think I will have one more at 30 weeks and then the biweekly kicks in unless she starts them at 28 weeks...we shall see! Not sure if I will get a scan or just the doppler....and of course my usual weight and urine checks
  • No Appointments this week :( but I do go on Thursday for my Glucose test, YAY.

• Loading the player...
  • We're meeting the pediatric surgeon today and I have a regular OB appointment, and then my weekly shot and ultrasound appointment, busy week!
  • Reg appointment on Wednesday, can't believe it's already biweekly. STILL waiting for the results from my glucose test. 
  • I'm going to an orthopedic tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get some relief from this awful back pain. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just had my 28 week appointment. Super uneventful, and I'm not measuring ahead anymore. I love how chill my midwives are. They just assume everything is fine and let my worries roll right off of them. Also got the TDAP. Youch! I don't really mind shots but that one bit. 
  • I feel like I haven't had an appointment in forever, I am finally going this Friday!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my glucose test and normal checkup on Thursday! I think last time the doctor said he'd be giving me the packets on hospital information to schedule a tour and stuff, how to order my breast pump, and what classes are available through the hospital to take. I'm dreading the glucose test but really excited for the other stuff!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I have my 28 week appt today, complete with TDAP and glucose test. Not looking forward to it. Just focusing on the happiness of hearing baby's heartbeat. I had an early glucose test around 14 weeks and I passed so I hope this goes the same way.
  • I have my 4 week checkup and glucose test tomorrow!  
  • 26 wk appt on Thursday and 2nd GD test. I'm doing the 1 hour and praying I pass-- i dont want to do the 3 hr again. That SUCKED.

Bi-monthly appts are coming next-- so weird.

Questions I have this week: flu shot (when? where?) and breech protocol (csection mandate?)
  • I have my 3 hour glucose test on Wednesday, boo! 

• Questions I have this week: flu shot (when? where?) and breech protocol (csection mandate?)
    I need to know this too. Can I just go anywhere to get a flu shot? My OB doesn't do it in the office. 

• @imalwaysme79 @Gretchypoo My OB doesn't do them in the office either.  I called CVS AND Rite Aide and was told they both only carry preservative free flu-shots (thermisol is a mercury based preservative that pregnant women should avoid and is found in vaccines).  You can call your local store to confirm they carry the preservative free shot, but I walked right into CVS and had it done no problem.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    @imalwaysme79 @Gretchypoo My OB doesn't do them in the office either.  I called CVS AND Rite Aide and was told they both only carry preservative free flu-shots (thermisol is a mercury based preservative that pregnant women should avoid and is found in vaccines).  You can call your local store to confirm they carry the preservative free shot, but I walked right into CVS and had it done no problem.
    Thank you! That is good to know!
  • MrsDramaK said:
    @imalwaysme79 @Gretchypoo My OB doesn't do them in the office either.  I called CVS AND Rite Aide and was told they both only carry preservative free flu-shots (thermisol is a mercury based preservative that pregnant women should avoid and is found in vaccines).  You can call your local store to confirm they carry the preservative free shot, but I walked right into CVS and had it done no problem.
    I had mine done at CVS as well! I called ahead of time so they had it ready for me when I walked in but you can just walk in and get it too.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @MrsDramaK, thank you! I'm going to have to check that out this week, I think. 

• Glucose test tomorrow then my normal check up Thursday. I'm nervous about tomorrow! I just realized this is my last week in my second trimester! 
  • My three hour test is Thursday as well as a regular BP check appt. it's going to be a lot of sitting at the doctor. 
  • Glucose test, TDAP, and check-in was this morning! I have 3 weeks til the next! :)
  • Normal check up today at 11am. I wonder if my glucose test will be booked today, I'm 25 weeks so surely it's coming up soon.
  • ShawllsShawlls member
    edited November 2016
    Had my 28 week OB appointment this morning and all is good, including passing my diabetes test - hooray! Baby is firmly pushing against my right hip bone and into my ribs (another tall one). I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'2". My OB (who is hilarious, male, gay) said "Well I guess that's the only drawback to marrying tall, dark, and handsome!" 

Next appointment is Dec 14th, and then I start going every 2 weeks.
  • Today I had my regular OB appointment and it was better than it usually is because she was much nicer to me than she typically is. I got the TDAP done and my muscle was fine up until a little while ago but now it's killing me. I have to go back on December 6th I think.
  • mrsgabusmrsgabus member
    edited November 2016

Boo I failed my 1 hour glucose test... and I don't want to do a 3 hour test. I'm not good with the drink and my veins are not helpful

• mrsgabus said:

Boo I failed my 1 hour glucose test... and I don't want to do a 3 hour test. I'm not good with the drink and my veins are not helpful

I'm sorry to hear that - the same thing happened to me. I just found out I passed the 3 hour though, so there's hope! Hopefully you have free wifi at the test site. I watched Netflix for 3 hours and it helped the time go by quickly.
  • CAmama99 said:
    mrsgabus said:

I'm sorry to hear that - the same thing happened to me. I just found out I passed the 3 hour though, so there's hope! Hopefully you have free wifi at the test site. I watched Netflix for 3 hours and it helped the time go by quickly.
    Thanks.  I'll bring my headphones cause that's a great idea. 

• 1 hour  test today at 10:15.... *duh duh duhhhhh*
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Good luck @WinchesterGirl!

• Had my appt yesterday. Got my TDAP shot and they told me to get the flu shot anytime. Got my 1hr GD test- hopefully that goes well. 

Also, I asked my midwives about travel restrictions and basically as long as I'm healthy and comfortable I'm free to do what I want! #score!
  • I'm 30 minutes into my test wait time now, and wow I'm not enjoying this. About 20 minutes post-drink I got a massive head rush/tunnel feeling and had to lay down. That has gone away but I'm starting to feel like puking. This cannot be a good sign of passing, can it?  :/
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited November 2016
    I'm 30 minutes into my test wait time now, and wow I'm not enjoying this. About 20 minutes post-drink I got a massive head rush/tunnel feeling and had to lay down. That has gone away but I'm starting to feel like puking. This cannot be a good sign of passing, can it?  :/
    Don't panic about your reaction to the drink. I felt so jittery, like I was going to jump out of my skin, and my blood pressure was a number I have never seen before in my life. I still passed comfortably. I don't think your physical reaction to ingesting a crap ton of sugar necessarily has any bearing on how your body is processing the glucose. 
  • I'm 30 minutes into my test wait time now, and wow I'm not enjoying this. About 20 minutes post-drink I got a massive head rush/tunnel feeling and had to lay down. That has gone away but I'm starting to feel like puking. This cannot be a good sign of passing, can it?  :/
    Don't panic about your reaction to the drink. I felt so jittery, like I was going to jump out of my skin, and my blood pressure was a number I have never seen before in my life. I still passed comfortably. I don't think your physical reaction to ingesting a crap ton of sugar necessarily has any bearing on how your body is processing the glucose. 
    That makes me feel a lot better!  I'm glad it's a finger prick at least so I should know within a few minutes.
    That makes me feel a lot better!  I'm glad it's a finger prick at least so I should know within a few minutes.
    Oh cool! Mine was a full on blood draw.
  • bride2bedanibride2bedani member
    edited November 2016
    I had my 28 week appt on the 15th. Did the glucose test and got my rhogam and another round of bloodwork bc hypothyroid. Nothing eventful. Hb 143. I assume I passed the glucose test bc they didn't say anything. My arm finally isn't sore anymore. When I got home though, I became extremely sleepy and ended up with a nasty headache. Turns out that's some rhogam side effects. =/ but all is well now. My next appt is for the 13th so we're not biweekly yet.