February 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread 11/7/16

13»

Re: Symptoms Thread 11/7/16

• Options
    Ugh I'm dealing with the insomnia now too. Takes forever to fall asleep initially and then I'll wake up sometime between 2-4 am and will be awake for at least an hour before I can fall asleep again. 
  • Options
    Hey @foxrosy how are you feeling today? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today one of my boobs is waaay bigger than the other...
  • Options
    tishbtishb member
    edited November 2016
    I feel like someone beat the crap out of my pelvic bone with a baseball bat  :s Walking hurts!
  • Options
    catmommaccatmommac member
    edited November 2016
    @jlellis603 if you still aren't feeling okay, I called my doctor yesterday and talked to the on-site nurse. She said any cough drops were okay (I've been using Kroger brand honey lemon).

Also, in case anyone else has a cold that their DH brought home...she said Tylenol, Sudafed (but only straight Sudafed, not like Advil Cold & Sinus that has several meds in it) is okay because I'm nearly 28 weeks (I assume the only problem is during first tri accordding to Dr. Google). I got Kroger brand 12 hour. I feel so much better today. Also: gargle warm salt water. My throat feels a million times better today. 

• Options
    @jlellis603 if you still aren't feeling okay, I called my doctor yesterday and talked to the on-site nurse. She said any cough drops were okay (I've been using Kroger brand honey lemon).

Also, in case anyone else has a cold that their DH brought home...she said Tylenol, Sudafed (but only straight Sudafed, not like Advil Cold & Sinus that has several meds in it) is okay because I'm nearly 28 weeks (I assume the only problem is during first tri accordding to Dr. Google). I got Kroger brand 12 hour. I feel so much better today. Also: gargle warm salt water. My throat feels a million times better today. 

Thank you! I heard only Halls cough drops and I also heard any are fine. It seemed like there were only meds that treated colds and didn't prevent them, kinda. Like Mucinex and Robitussin are okay but I wouldn't take those until I had those symptoms already. I do have straight Sudafed so that is good to know!
  • Options
    Zicam has these nasal swabs that actually helped me get rid of nasal congestion during a cold a few weeks ago...and a netti pot I think helped me get over it quicker.
  • Options
    On the note of colds and sore throats, my Bradley instructor mentioned that if she gets a sore throat, she opens a probiotic capsule and holds it in her mouth for a few minutes. It sounds super gross to me, but she said something about the good bacteria makes the throat pain go away more quickly. I have not tried this, but figured I would pass along in case some other brave soul wants to try it.  :|  :p
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    My hips are killing me. Like, I'm waddling by the end of the school day :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You guys call or email your doctor before using decongestants. I thought that was a huge no because of your muscus plug holding your shit in. 
  • Options
    leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited November 2016
    This is a list my OB gives everyone in your "pregnancy package". Has a decent list of cold/flu stuff! 
  • Options
    It is scary how much OBs differ. Mine says no medicine with the decongestant phenylephrine in it...Which is pretty much everything on that approved list. 
  • Options
    When I was sick a couple months ago, my doctor told me to take Robitussin DM for my cough. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's so strange how different each practice is. When I had a nasty cough and cold, i was told that cough drops were fine but to stay away from decongestants and to try hot water with honey and lemon. Also to take basic Tylenol if needed. 

I had gone to the drug store before seeing the doctor and the pharmacist told me the same thing. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Ah it's so strange and almost scary how much every office differs. How do you know what is actually correct? I guess just playing on the safe side and sticking to cough drops, pineapple juice/OJ, and hot water with honey will have to do. Oh and obviously the magical chicken noodle soup
  • Options
    I haven't had a cold yet, but now I'm afraid to take anything if I do!!!  My practice has 5 OBs and 4 MW, so 9 opinions probably made up that list! 
  • Options
    @foxrosy, definitely keep track and don't be afraid to call your doctor.  I had a lot of early contractions and the advice was to lay down as much as possible,  try to decrease trips up and down the steps and drink a lot of water.   I ended up being on a medicine called Proscardia I think that was to prevent them.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hormones being bad, check!  Feeling weepy?  check!

My main change this week is that baby is rocking and rolling in there.   We can see kicks from the outside sometimes,  and they are real sit up and notice kicks compared to a week ago!   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to being weepy @Partyof6?

I think I might have a varicose vein in my lady bits. I am not 100% sure, i asked my MW if it was going to be a problem and she said probably not. Then she asked if I wanted her to examine it. Uh, nope I am good. If there is nothing I can do and its not a problem then I will just live with it for now, thanks!

Still feeling exhausted all the damn time. HGB, RBC, and HCT all went down somehow. Not drastically, but WTF. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Options
    So I mentioned before the pregnancy tumor I had on my gums. It got really bad this week, like I couldn't eat without getting blood on my food from it bleeding bad. So I went to the dentist and they were able to laser the bad tissue off. They numbed my gums around the area so I didn't feel anything. It is pretty sore now and I just have Tylenol to help. 

Question, the pharmacist told me to just take 1 Tylenol pill where the bottle says to take 2 for adults. For people who have taken Tylenol are you taking the normal dose or half the dose?
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    So I mentioned before the pregnancy tumor I had on my gums. It got really bad this week, like I couldn't eat without getting blood on my food from it bleeding bad. So I went to the dentist and they were able to laser the bad tissue off. They numbed my gums around the area so I didn't feel anything. It is pretty sore now and I just have Tylenol to help. 

Question, the pharmacist told me to just take 1 Tylenol pill where the bottle says to take 2 for adults. For people who have taken Tylenol are you taking the normal dose or half the dose?
    Regular extra strenggth Tylenol ??? I always take one and then add a second on the next dose if the first dose didn't work.  

I was told a regular dosage (1-2 pills)

• Options
    mrsgabus said:

Regular extra strenggth Tylenol ??? I always take one and then add a second on the next dose if the first dose didn't work.  

I was told a regular dosage (1-2 pills)
    Yea it's just the regular 325mg. The pain is a lot less this morning so I might just skip it entirely today. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    I still have a lot to catch up on all of the threads this week.  I apologize if someone already asked my question here. ...
    Has anybody's nausea come back? 
    They said it could come back in 3rd tri but omg, it's sseriously like clock work for me.  

• Options
    How many Braxton hicks in an hour are too many?
  • Options
    @Starfish113 my dr said no more than 4 or 5 within an hour. But I was having them one right after another anyway. She told me to take a warm bath, drink an entire glass of water, and lie on my side and wait to see if they stop before calling. She told me I just had a hyperactive uterus and that it wasn't labor, but it shouldn't be happening so she gave me an extra calcium supplement and that has stopped them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starfish113 my dr said no more than 4 or 5 within an hour. But I was having them one right after another anyway. She told me to take a warm bath, drink an entire glass of water, and lie on my side and wait to see if they stop before calling. She told me I just had a hyperactive uterus and that it wasn't labor, but it shouldn't be happening so she gave me an extra calcium supplement and that has stopped them. 
    Okay thank you!!! I've had them more than that but I've been on my feet all day helping DH move stuff around to make the nursery! I'm gonna take a shower and sit now and see how I do :)
  • Options
    @peachesnbean a cold pack on your lady bits helps a lot. Also elevation of your legs/hips.
    I have a varicose vein down there and it flared terribly in 2nd tri. It's eased as baby as shifted up for me...but I'm sure it will be back when baby drops lower.

I hope you get some relief.
  • Options
    PerraSuciaPerraSucia member
    edited November 2016
    Oops wrong week