September 2016 Moms

Mom and Baby Check In ~ November 2016

AlyeenaAlyeena member
edited November 2016 in September 2016 Moms
I figured since it is a new month we can start this thread again! See how everyone is doing!

How old is baby? How big is he/she?

How are you doing?

Any appointments recently or coming up?

Rants/raves?

Any helpful tips you have found works?

35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
Miscarriage at 8 weeks
FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
First saw  at 6w4d
It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

Re: Mom and Baby Check In ~ November 2016

• How old is baby? How big is he/she?

He will be 10 weeks on Thursday. At two month appointment last Tuesday, he was 9#9oz and  22 3/4" long. He is getting so big 

How are you doing?

Good for the most part. Having a hard time trying to fit a workout into my day.

We had his two months appointment last week and got our first round of vaccines. He broke our hearts with his cry. Never heard his pain cry before it was horrible. 

Rants/raves?

Not looking forward to returning to work in three weeks. Luckily his grandparents will be watching him so it will make it a little bit easier.

If you have a baby with possible reflux, giving a break between breasts, like 10 mins, really seems to help.
  • Loading the player...
    7 weeks today. Not sure. I tried doing measurements at home but don't know how accurate they are. She's definitely bigger than she was!

How are you doing?
    Better. The first few weeks were very rough, and I can't operate without the antidepressant I was prescribed in the hospital. Some days are worse, some days are great. I'm still getting daily migraines, but no one is willing to help. They all just shrug. Not many options when you're trying to breastfeed.

Her two month is in two weeks. We haven't seen the pediatrician since her 4 week appointment.

Rants/raves?
    I wish someone had mentioned how hard breastfeeding can be. Every time it was brought up before it was just a question, will you or won't you. No tips or warnings.

The halo sleep sack/swaddle thing is fantastic. Easy to wrap her up quickly before she gets too upset.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 weeks today! He is a big baby, or at least that's what everyone has been telling me. At his 1 month appointment he was 22.5 inches. Im not sure how long he is now though. I've been weighing him on our home scale and he's about 12.5 pounds. 

How are you doing?
    Pretty good. My husband went back to work about 2 weeks ago and being home alone all day is tough. Some days I handle it well and others I don't. Healing-wise I'm doing well. I just have pain in my tailbone but according to my doc that will probably last a while.

I had my final pp appointment Friday. Got an IUD! Anyone else sad about not being able to see their OB anymore? Baby boy has his 2 month appointment next week. Poor kid has no clue what he's in for.

Rants/raves?
    I keep hurting myself with my poor body mechanics while handling the baby. First it was my elbow, then it was my wrist. Now I hurt my ankle and my back hasn't stopped hurting. Ouch!

My kindle is a lifesaver during long napping/feeding/rocking sessions. I just need to find more books to read because I am going through them so fast.

Baby is 7wks and 1 day now. He is now 8lbs 3oz

How are you doing?

so far so good. Better than I was when I had him

In 2 wks he gets his second half of his Hep. B vaccine

Rants/raves?

Poor baby has a lot of gassy issues. Feeding just formula now, and he has been getting fussier compared to when he was on both breast milk and similac. 

Methods to reducing SIDS have been doing well thus far. There were a few moments and times when other parents say that having him on his back is dangerous but even when he has his "spit ups," he seems to have no breathing/choking issues. FTM btw.. 
    She is just over 9 weeks. 11.5 lbs and 21 inches. 

How are you doing?
    Doing well, preparing myself to go back to work in a few weeks. really dreading it, FTM so not looking forward to having to leave her, but my mom will be watching her so that helps a little.

Just had our 2 month visit on Monday and got her 1st set of vaccines. that was a heartbreaking experience and one of our longer days in a while. but she's back to herself now and healthy as can be.

Rants/raves?
    Just keeping up with breastfeeding and staying with it. a lot more than I ever anticipated. let's just say thank goodness for boppy pillows!

Any helpful tips you have found works.
    During bath time we found that putting an extra warm washcloth or two on her exposed skin while we wash the rest of her has made for a pleasant bath experience. she now loves being in the water!

Hope everyone is enjoying life with their LO, enjoy your holidays!
    Baby is 10 weeks and just over 9 pounds.

How are you doing?
    I am doing ok - definitely a lot better since the night time sleep has gotten a bit more consistent.

The two month appointment was a few days ago and baby is gaining weight and growing, though she will just be on the smaller side for her age. The shots seemed to go ok without any noticeable fever.  My heart broke seeing her face during the shots though. 

Rants/raves?
    I am really disappointed in the Babies R Us waterproof changing pad liners. After one wash they were destroyed. The Boppy brand ones were washed the same way and have held up great. 

I put a wet washcloth on her stomach during a bath to help keep her warm.  We also leave the water running, even though it is wasteful, because baby loves the sound.  She loves bath time, just not getting out of the bath.
    He is 6 weeks. He was over 10lbs at his last appt. a week and a half ago. 

How are you doing?
    I'm doing pretty good. Still stressing a bit about his reflux because the amount of acid his spits up can damage is esophagus and voice box. 

We have an appt. with an ENT at Riley Children's hospital here in Indiana next week and I'll be glad to get some answers as to why he has such severe reflux.

Rants/raves?
    I love that he is smiling and cooing now. It makes his misery bearable when I get these moments with him. However, he is a very strong-willed child. He screams as loud as he can if I try to burp him during his feedings. As a reflux baby is crucial to burp him at every ounce. If he doesn't like something he flings his arms and hands wildly, his face gets red and he grunts and fusses until I comply. It's actually hilarious but completely different from my other children. 

nope! If there is anything I have learned after child number 5 it's that what works for 4 of them may not work for 5. So I've got nothing to offer. 
  • How old is baby? How big is he/she? She's 9 weeks Tuesday, weighed 12 pounds at 7 weeks. 

How are you doing? Good! Trying to keep up with her 4pm - 7pm witching time. Colic is no joke. 

Monday...her 2-month appointment. Dreading the shots!

Rants/raves? 
    Sleep-deprived. 

Laughing through the exhaustion. :) 

Also, can someone please post the Facebook page? I cannot find it! 
  • @ab920 sorry about the colic. We definitely have a witching hour here too. I was also so nervous about the shots. I felt so badly, but the upside was that he slept so much that day/night so maybe you'll get some shut eye. 
  • I've clicked on this link so many times but haven't had the time to actually post... her goes; 

Baby - Victoria is 12 weeks, 10 pounds!! 

Me - doing ok. Work stinks - I went back part time but it's basically doing a full weeks work in two days. I struggle to keep up. Thinking I might should have taken all my leave up front and then come back full time instead of going part time for longer. 

Appointments - none for a while. I do need to make the 4 month appt though 

Rants / Raves - this diaper rash! It will be gone for a week and then BAM back with a vengeance. I can't figure out what is triggering it 

Helpful Tips - babywearing. This is my 4th baby and I'm wondering why I never did it before. It is so helpful and she loves it! Victoria likes the wrap, carrier, and ring sling. All the styles we've tried are comfy and save my back / neck / shoulders from nonstop holding a fussy infant 
  • @hejo2016 I've found that when I drink alcohol now I get very tipsy from just a small amount. Anyone else like this? I can barely have a few sips of wine and I miss it. :(
  • Oh no @jln27! I stick to just one glass and didn't have any until a few weeks ago.  Are you breastfeeding? Wonder if it has something to do with your metabolism?
  • I am breastfeeding, occasionally supplementing. I've tried beer and wine so far. Could only do half a bottle of beer and a tiny bit of wine, the taste/smell made me nauseous at first and then my tolerance is super low. I'm also a bit paranoid to drink too much because I'm the one who's always holding/tending to the baby. Husband says he wants to do more, but then he immediately goes off and does his own thing, or leaves her to cry it out, which I am extremely against.