February 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments week of 11/7

2»

Re: Appointments week of 11/7

• Options
    I failed my 1-hour test at the exact same number i failed my 1-hour test with my DS. 
  • Options
    I failed my 1-hour test at the exact same number i failed my 1-hour test with my DS. 
    Gah that sucks I'm sorry. Did you pass the 3 last time? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Gah that sucks I'm sorry. Did you pass the 3 last time? 
    Yeah with flying colors. But boo to taking the three hour test :(
  • Options
    Just found out I failed my 2-hour glucose test... Fasting levels were completely normal, as was the 2-hour blood draw, but the 1-hour blood draw was AT the limit. Like, had it been one point lower, they would not have diagnosed me with GD. I feel like a failure. I have been eating really healthy and exercising, but clearly that didn't help.

I'm trying to get into the diabetes educator today, since I leave for a business trip on Sunday for a week. The MW clinic said it's fine if I don't get in until the following week, but I would feel a lot better knowing what to do before I leave.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I failed my 1-hour test (I actually thought I had passed and was so pumped, but then found out my OB uses a lower threshold number than was listed in the patient portal, so I had to go back), and then passed my 3-hour with what my OB described as excellent numbers. I'm already thinking that next time I'm pregnant, I'd want to ask to just go straight to the 3-hour. I'd rather just go once and be done with it!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    I'm sorry @madamerwin :(
    I'm sure it's easier said than done, but don't beat yourself up about it. It's not something you did wrong. I hope you can get to meet with the educator today and get some additional resources to keep you and baby healthy for the remainder of the pregnancy. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm sorry, @madamerwin. If it makes you feel better, your diet and exercise habits really don't have anything to do with it...it's just about how pregnancy affects your body. (For the record, the one person I know who was diagnosed with GD runs multiple marathons per year.) I hope you can see the diabetes educator today, and that it helps put your mind at ease.  <3

ETA: Ha, I see that I basically just repeated @imalwaysme79. See, clearly we must be right!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @madamerwin I'm sorry! And I second what @MoonOverGoldsboro said.

had an appt on Friday and it went well. Baby is measuring a full week ahead at this point but due date will remain the same. 
    I passed my glucose test and the rest of my blood work came back normal. 
    we signed the papers for the c-section and tubal ligation. She said we will confirm the date at a later time but it will for sure be anywhere between Feb 1st to 3rd. So exciting! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @concreteangell we can be twins and have babies 2/2 together!! 
  • Options
    poofwokpoofwok member
    edited November 2016
    @concreteangell we can be twins and have babies 2/2 together!! 
    Haha yesss. Groundhog Day babies FTW.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14