Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekend Randoms

TGIF!

What's everyone drinking/watching/eating/doing?

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drinking wine!! I was feeling crampy on the way home from the library so I took a OPK test when I got home and it was positive. I wasn't expecting a positive OPK on CD10 ( this is the earliest). DH and I haven't HIO all week so I feel like this month is a dud. DS is going to bed at 8 this is our only chance for anything this cycle, ughhh. My timing this month stinks and I'll probably be in a stinky mood all weekend because of this early positive OPK.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    White or red ladies? 

@britvahok you might not O for another 36 hrs if you are anything like me. All is not lost! HIO like your life depends on it!!
  • Options
    britvahokbritvahok member
    edited November 2016

@Saralee797  I'm drinking red wine. What about you??

ETA my favorite tailgate food: I love buffalo chicken dip and wings.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    Oh @kiwi2628 you and I might be soul sisters except I can't stand blood or anything medical. Love me a Tempranillo. I started with a cab franc and moved on to the cheap red because you know were on a budget right now. 
    @britvahok yes girl ;) all red all the time. I also love buffalo chicken dip or as my brother calls it buff buff idk why he's just weird. 
    @hupp0013 someone has the burgers and dogs covered but yes they are a MUST!
  • Options
    @saralee797 Yes, I also like that at breakfast, and lunch, and any time Cd1 ;-)  Chianti is the most common wine at our place. We live really close to this great Italian wine importer that has astonishing prices -- mostly Tuscan and Sicilian imports. Amazing. 

• Options
    Never liked chianti until I went to Italy and this crazy tour guide completely changed my mind by explaining that you have to do is eat food while drinking it to make it more palletable because... science. That's why "dry snacks" are so big there. All I needed was an excuse to snack on nuts while drinking! 
  • Options
    @saralee797 Yep! That's why it's never my "get drunk" wine but so often my "with dinner" wine. My husband's family is from Italy and turned me on to good chianti. 

• Options
    My weekend random is I just read a bunch of the BMB threads that were closed and it was hilarious. One was a big argument about the etiquette of baby shower thank you card addresses. 

• Options
    @adirat makes so much sense. Also, you are one lucky girl!! If I could move to Florence tomorrow I would! My Hs gmom is off the boat. She doesn't know a thing about wine but I've been trying to learn her recipes - all of which are not written down- for two years. 
  • Options
    @saralee797 I am trying to learn my husband's nonna's recipes, too. Her chicken cutlets are the best thing ever and I can get maybe 90% there, but not quite. She tries but she isn't too helpful with teaching -- if you ask how she cuts them so thin, she just kind of gestures at the chicken and the knife like... you just cut it. She can't explain. Or how much olive oil do you put in your pesto? "Until it looks right."

• Options
    @adirat yep after asking for recipes for about a year I realized it's a watch and learn thing. There is no recipe. I have learned that salt, pepper and slow cooking is everything! she is also very particular about the type of canned tomatoes she likes Red Pack only. She also learned her husbands mothers perogie recipe and that's next on my list to learn because mmmm
  • Options
    adirat- mobile won't let me tag but dishonor! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow! (I hope you get the reference)
  • Options
    @adirat are there alot of Packer fans here? 
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Options
    @ChefRamsay I love Zoey/Jess and also cheap wine. Anyone had bota box Malbec? #lifechanger
  • Options
    @Saralee797 yay New Girl!

**TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Options
    adirat said:
    It isn't tailgating without brats. @hupp0013 please tell me you are joining the Packer Fans of TTGP!

@kiwi2628
    You can judge me but I bought a bottle of moscato d'asti so I could drink the whole thing as quickly as possible. SUCCESS. 
    I know @hupp0013 is a Wisconsinite! I'm hoping she's a Packers fan, too!! 
    Im going to the Packers/Redskins game next Sunday night! I'm so excited!!!
    @Saralee797 YASSS to all the red wine!!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    Drinking wine called cupcake and it's wonderful!! For Veterans Day I went to eat with one of my friends at Red Robin and Applebees for dinner..first time having Red Robin and it was amazing. I love burgers. Now I'm in bed with my little man watching cartoons!! I hope you ladies have a great weekend :)
  • Options
    @saralee797 I've never had it but malbec is my favoriteeeee wine. We don't have any in the house, and it's making me sad. 

@shan870 The best part about Red Robin is the bottomless fries!!

@adirat I am a Ravens fan but Aaron is one of my fantasy QBs so I'm on your side this season! 

My dad is coming over tomorrow to help us finish some home improvements and then we're going with friends to see a comedian tomorrow night. It's shaping up to be a nice little weekend. 

• Options
    @Shan870 cupcake wine is soooooo good! My SIL always has that. I go super cheap with my wine though. I either get a cheap moscato (yum!!) or some super fruity arbor mist. I can't stand dry wine and I don't drink to get drunk so I don't care how much alcohol is in it. My general rule of thumb is that if it doesn't taste like wine I will like it. 

I'm photographing a wedding tomorrow and the bride had told me to be there at noon. Then tonight she's like "you are meeting us in the morning at 9 right?" Darn. I almost had a relaxing morning ahead of me. 
  • Options
    @hartmich Yes!! Those were great too. We tried the garlic and Parmesan fries and I fell in love..

@lee^2 I usually get cheap wine as well and cannot stand dry wine. I've tried it and just can't do it. I only drank two glasses of the cupcake (which is good for me) lol
  • Options
    This is me today ....

Only not so happy ....

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• Options
    @adirat @BertieMeetsGertie is correct.  I am definitely a Packers fan!  
    @BertieMeetsGertie so hope you have fun at he game!  I was bummed when I realized we weren't going to a Packers game this year!  H and I have gone to a Packers game 4 out of the last 5 years.  

@hartmich that does sound like a nice weekend!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So I missed this thread yesterday... and it's not even 8:30am here but after reading it, all I want is wine! I have a nice (but cheap) Syrah that I picked up for dinner tonight - don't know what I'm making yet, but have the wine!
  • Options
    We have a sort of quiet weekend (compared to what we usually have going on). Soccer today, swim and dinner with my grandma tomorrow. I have a boatload of editing to do at some point but no sessions this weekend. I recently learned the power of saying no (I was a little late to pick this up haha) and I'm feeling so much less stressed! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I really want wine now. I love cavit Sav blanc in the summer and now that it is chillier my go to is the apothecic red. as for the weekend..  last night my little cousins slept over (10 and 12). we had our hearts broken by the USA vs Mexico soccer game. tonight we are going to mass for my grandmother. she passed away 20 years ago today. time flies. will definitely be picking up a bottle of something on the way home. Tomorrow I have a bridal shower. as far as shots watching, I'm newly obsessed with the show superstore. by no means intelligent but perfect for a lazy Saturday while DH is at work
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• Options
    @Lulu1180 oh my god nooooooo! I am so sorry. How awful. Drink it all away.

I know there weren't RE steps for you until after a full year, but after this crazy cycle and last crazy cycle some doctor must be willing to look into this for you...

I am so sorry my friend.

• Options
    @lulu1180 I am so sorry! That does look like a good plan though! 
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lulu1180 oh girl, I'm so sorry! Drink and eat all you want.  <3
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    kiwi2628 said:
    adirat- mobile won't let me tag but dishonor! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow! (I hope you get the reference)
    Hahahaha I didn't see this until now. That's from Mulan, right? And is that for the moscato or also the chianti?;-)

• Options
    Awe man, @lulu1180 I'm so sorry! But hey, if that's your afternoon, can I come over?! I'll bring a bottle of red, though. I can't do sweet wine. Seriously though, take care of yourself!

I just dropped DH off at the airport - he'll be gone until Wednesday. I'll probably take the pup to the dog park in a bit, and then I'll be crafting and crocheting this evening (and who am I kidding, probably tomorrow too). I also need to catch up on This is Us and Grey's at some point...
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    @lulu1180 oh, I am sorry to hear this. Eat and drink all of that. Hugs to you today. 

@RunRestRepeat I frikken love This Is Us !!! 

We had an beta fish death today. Luckily DSS is away this weekend. I went in to feed 'Ruby' and he wasn't in his tank. He jumped out, flopped across her dresser, and died on the floor. Off I went to PetValu to purchase Ruby #2 ! Hoping she won't notice - the color is pretty close !

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility