September 2015 Moms

When will I feel normal again?!

I breastfed my son for a year and still feel like my hormones are all out of whack. I feel crazy and emotional. When will I feel like myself again?

Re: When will I feel normal again?!

• I BF DD1 until I was pregnant, and I'm still BFing LO... I've just adapted to being fragile (no sappy or scary movies), and I'm often surprised how well DH copes with me! I figure part of it is sleep deprivation, which should improve soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've read it can take up to 6 months after weaning for your hormones to return to normal, but everyone is different. I weaned at 1 year and my hormones went back to normal within 1.5-2 months (I stopped producing milk, my periods got more regular, etc.), so everyone is different!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was just thinking the other day about how I feel like ms again! I stopped breastfeeding at the beginning of September and I didn't realize how much my hormones had been effecting me 
  • I didn't know this was a thing!!!! I'm still nursing DD 3-4 times a day. She's about to be 14 months. Is this why I cry ANY TIME the music on TV crescendos???
  • I didn't realize this either and just got done saying the other day how even during a play or show (not emotional at all) when people applause... I tear up and cry haha thought I was just being redik and a cry baby haha  makes sense now! I am still nursing my DS at 14 months 3-4 times a day as well.  Good. To. Know. ha
  • I fully weaned and at 13 moths (1 month ago) and my past 2 cycles have been crazy out of whack, which makes me feel like a nut job. 
  • I think it just varies from person to person. I quit pumping a year ago and while things definately have gotten better, I still feel like a hormonal mess sometimes. Especially right before my period. I used to love action/drama movies and now it seems like they just stress me out and I end up crying because in real-life the kitty/dog/kid would have died.