TTC after 35

TWW: Nov 7 - 13

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Nov 7 - 13

• It's month and cycle 7 - lucky number 7!

I am 7 DPO; 8 DP IUI.  I haven't felt anything interesting or unusual but its super early for that.  My beta is next Monday so I'm just waiting impatiently to test that day.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited November 2016
    Due to staying up til 2am, I accidentally posted on last week's thread, so I'm pasting it here in the right place, duh...

I haven't had a chance to post until now... I'm 11DPO. This month our timing was good, -3,-2,-1,0,+1. Used olive oil as recommended by our RE. I'm taking prenatals, DH taking multivitamin and RE has us both now taking 2000mg vitamin D. HSG this cycle and one side may have had some mucous so it took longer for dye to go through but RE got it through both sides. He said our clinic experiences statistically significant increases of pregnancies in the 6-9 months following an HSG. I said I had read in the peer-reviewed literature that it was elevated for 3 months following, and he said well that depends on which studies you read. I had my appointment with him to discuss all my test results on Monday and received great news. He said I have the ovarian reserve of a 28 YEAR OLD! I am 42!!! However, he said egg quality is another story so who knows. But I had 4 and 5 follicles shown on ultrasound which I found encouraging. All other blood test results (e.g., FSH) were within normal range. I'm really hoping this is our month but am used to everything not aligning so am a bit numb to it at this point, not expecting anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @laurad75 7 is my favorite number and I so hope that this is your lucky month! Let us know how Monday goes.
  • @laurad75 7 is my favorite number and I so hope that this is your lucky month! Let us know how Monday goes.
    Its mind too!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Good luck @laurad75!!!! Keep us posted!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Month 12 for us, I think cycle 14. 4 DPO. Too early for any SS. I've been kind of checked out of here this cycle due to work and just being tired of TTC, so sorry for being lame lately. 

Timing was fine, not stellar, but for a normal couple not having fertility issues it should have been good enough to get KU. 

RE appt scheduled for Dec 15. Having issues with my insurance saying I'm not covered when I have a card from them saying my coverage started 11/1/16. Yay. They supposedly cover 50% of the $600 consult fee (just to talk to the RE!), so I'm hoping that gets worked out between now and then. 

Other than the above I'm just waiting for Dec 15th to arrive so we can start IVF and be done with this part of the journey. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2016
    @PoeMasque - you might want to check in your area to see if there is a doctor that can help you with this stuff that is not tied to insurance.  I found one about 30 minutes from our home.  It's a much less headache without insurance in the way and paying the doctor directly.  Their fees are much less because of such.  If we get to the 1 year mark in may I plan on using her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PoeMasque hey we started last November too, do we at least get a cake or something?!?  ;) I'm glad you have that RE appointment, good to have a plan, at least it's helped my mindset having our RE now versus us just flying solo. I'm going a little crazy here at 13DPO but am remembering that I said once again last month that I'm not going to test until I'm due. It's too hard emotionally, I'd rather hold onto my hope until AF comes.
  • @vlagrl29 I'm not sure what you mean. We only have one RE to go to (others are 2 hours away). I do have insurance coverage for tests that determine infertility, so I want to use that for what I can. I've already had all of the pre-IVF tests done, so I don't know who else we would go to at this point. Our RE is actually much cheaper than the ones 2 hours away (~$12k vs $22k), it's just all a lot of money :(
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - oh I thought maybe your fertility testing wasn't covered.  I have zero fertility benefits so even my testing may not be covered and the cost would be over $1k just for the blood work.  I found an OB that can do all that stuff not thru insurance and it's much more affordable.  In the meantime I will get blood work taken in December if I'm not pregnant by my Chiro and it will only be $194 instead of $1k for the same tests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker