Options

Ridiculous reasons you're excited for baby

2»

Re: Ridiculous reasons you're excited for baby

• Options
    ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited November 2016
    Breastfeeding again. 

Seeing my daughters interact and love eachother. 

Skin to skin with my squishy newborn. 

End of my pregnancy anxiety that my body will fail my daughter. (Moving onto checking to see if she's breathing every 5 seconds haha) 
  • Options
    To be able to sit on the floor without wondering if this is the time I'll get stuck there lol I keep telling DH that one day he'll come home from work and find me sitting on the floor where I change DD and unable to hoist myself up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rdh33 oh so jealous of your 9 month leave! Hope you enjoy every minute of it!

All the serious reasons too, of course, but I'm excited for mommy/daughter matchy outfits...! ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OK so last night I wrote a list of things, but I was clearly really uncomfortable, because the list was all the reason's I"m excited to not be pregnant much longer.  I am sitting here at work (as unmotivated to do anything as I have ever been) and I am thinking of all the ways I'm excited to have a baby.
    1) I cannot wait for my maternity leave.  So long horrible commute and boring job for 12+ weeks.
    2) I can't wait to get home tonight and do some teeny tiny laundry.  Looking at all her tiny clothes just makes me happy.  Dressing her up in all of it is going to be amazing.
    3) I am anxiously awaiting her first cries, so I can hear her voice finally.
    4) I want to smell her newborn head so badly.  It's like a new car, but better.
    5) I can't wait to see my husband with her- it's adorable to watch his face light up when he feels her move around in my stomach.  I also have loved watching him reading books to my stomach.  
    6) I can't wait to see what my dad is like as a grandpa.  I'm one of the oldest in my family and my dad has always been the one to pick on and instigate the little cousins.  It's gonna be weird seeing him interact with a tiny baby.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I can't wait to see my husband with her.  I feel like it isn't as real to the dads until they actually get to hold the baby in their own hands.

I really can't wait to see my son become a big brother.

Booze, sushi, exercise, caffeine, back-sleeping...all the forbidden pleasures

I am really looking forward to wearing my normal clothes again and shopping in the regular sections of stores.  I am over  maternity clothes.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @emtimme I feel very, very fortunate that I'm able to take that much time off. It's definitely not something I'm taking lightly -- the maternity and paternity leave benefits in this country are ridiculous. I'm leaving my current company mid December and will hopefully start a new job next fall. 

Have fun with all those adorable mom and daughter matching outfits!!! 
  • Options
    Getting my belly button back to normal i don't know why but it's one of the weirdest parts of being pregnant to me. 
  • Options
    I can't wait to see my husband with the baby. I know I'm going to be a sappy mess every time he holds him :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am honestly very excited to breastfeed again, I loved it with my son but didn't get to do as much of it as I wanted. I'm pretty stoked at having a boy and a girl and really excited to do pictures of them together <3 also, she'll be decent aged for all the big holidays and that is beyond exciting that we get to do so much, DS holidays he was pretty little lol

• Options
    I am excited to see how much more I fall in love with my husband as he holds our little boy. 
  • Options
    I'm excited to find out what his hair color will be! I'm a full on redhead and my husband has dark almost black hair. We both have blond siblings though and siblings with light brown hair. So it's totally up in the air!!! And I really want to know!
  • Options
    1. To meet him and hold him in my arms!
    2. To find out what he looks like, of course, but also what color his eyes are. Possibilities are dark brown, light brown, green, or blue! 
    3. How my furry babies will be with him. 
    4. Family trips!
    5. Photos galore! I brought a brand new camera a couple months ago. 
    6. This is for me personally, but I would like my body back please. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am also a redhead, so I am also in the camp of DYING to know if my son will be a redhead as well.  I am the only redhead in my family (my great grandpa is who I got it from) so it would be nice to have another redhead representin' with me.:)

My husband doesn't want to do any 3D ultrasounds (he wants to be surprised), so we really have NO IDEA what he looks like. I can't wait until he is born so I can see what traits are my own, and which are my husband's,
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    @mjschenk although it is nice to make sure it's really cleaned out, no?! :wink:

@Knottie1443924966 hopefully this doesn't come off as weird, but you have a great body right now.  I love your bump and I think you look amazing!  (Granted, I totally understand the not feeling yourself, sexy, etc. part of being pregnant.). Just know that you look great to all of us!
  • Options
    I am also a redhead, so I am also in the camp of DYING to know if my son will be a redhead as well.  I am the only redhead in my family (my great grandpa is who I got it from) so it would be nice to have another redhead representin' with me.:)
    I am not a redhead (blonde), but my mom, uncles, and cousins are.  DH has some red on his side of the family, so I've always joked with him that we are trying until we get a red-headed baby!  This is baby number 3, and I'm hoping for red hair.  We stop at 4 :blush:
  • Options
    I'm excited to build a huge blanket fort with him. It'll be epic.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm most looking forward to seeing how awesome of a person she is going to be. What will she like? Dislike? What will make her laugh or cry? Learning about all the things she is interested about and then sharing with her all the things I like to do.

I think to myself, "Who is this person growing inside me? I can't wait to meet her!"

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker