April 2016 Moms

Teething pain relief

What have you found helps most with teething pain for LO? 

DD is getting her first 2 bottom teeth and they are really giving her a time.

Re: Teething pain relief

• My baby hasn't cared much for teething toys, to my dismay. The one thing he seems to really like is when I take one of his washcloths, dampen it with really cold water, wring it out, and hand it to him. That keeps him occupied, chewing on the corners while little droplets soothe him. 
    So, so many teething solutions bought... and he wants rags. Oh well. 
  • It's so funny how all of our babies are so different @Missingchampagne! L loves all the teething toys lol! 

We have had a lot of luck with "Punkin Butt" teething oil (all natural..found in baby botiques and Amazon) and Camilia teething drops (homeopathic..that you can buy at most pharmacies). These two things have been life savers!!!

hope your little one gets some relief soon @runningwild, it's so hard to watch them struggle with those teeth.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited November 2016
    Wet a washcloth and freeze it. Motrin, now that they're 6 months.
    eta: frozen waffles have always been a favorite, too,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This video is in German but it does have English subs https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-TtgQETSqvQ there are something interesting things here like giving a baby facial massage and fashioning ice pacifiers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS also likes this:

I bought it at Babies R Us for 20$ which I thought was expensive but it is getting a lot of use.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Motrin has been a life saver for us. Our pediatrician gave us the ok to give it to him a little earlier than 6 months. We make sure he always has something to chew on, too. He'll chew on any type of toy, not just an actual teether. He does still love to chew on Sophie. She's expensive for a teether but has been totally worth it for us. 
  • g&tlewis said:
    Motrin has been a life saver for us. Our pediatrician gave us the ok to give it to him a little earlier than 6 months. We make sure he always has something to chew on, too. He'll chew on any type of toy, not just an actual teether. He does still love to chew on Sophie. She's expensive for a teether but has been totally worth it for us. 
    How often do you feel comfortable giving the motrin? I worry about overdoing it. She seems to really only need it at night... but every night ?
  • @runningwild I worry about that, too, so I only give it to him when he acts like his teeth are bothering him. Some days/nights, he's fine. He still chews on everything, but he isn't fussy. Then some days I'll following the dosing guidelines and give it to him every 6-8 hours. It really just depends on how he acts. If I do give it to him every 6-8 hours one day, I'll try to avoid giving it to him the next day unless he really needs it. 
  • How do you ladies know that your LO is teething? 
  • marwaaiad said:
    How do you ladies know that your LO is teething? 
    I'm on my 3rd LO and I'm not always sure how to know when they're teething. Lol Right now I know because her gums are swollen and red and I can see the white points of 2 little teeth ready to break through. Other times, I'm just guessing.
  • @marwaaiad My LO was drooling more than normal and started pulling on his ear when he first started teething. We took him to the doctor to make sure he didn't have an ear infection, and they confirmed my suspicion that it was teething. Whenever a tooth is really working its way up, he tries to put his entire hand in his mouth to chew on it. He's also just generally fussier, and his cheeks are usually a little red. It's really just a guessing game though.
  • The teether DS really likes is the Nuby silicone teether. Funny cuz DD didn't care for it. The little nubs massage his gums. He also likes the Nuby keys which I don't refrigerate. Here's the link for the first...
    https://www.target.com/p/nuby-step-1-silicone-baby-teether-assorted-colors/-/A-15681553?sid=1188S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9002232&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxBHVqFRyooQD9pOoNNeOHVgZ92IuNk3-aD5yy9v_RAsaAnfn8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Also, how I knew he was teething aside from the crankiness was the amount of drool that came out of him. Like sheets of drool pouring out of his mouth! His shirts were soaked in a few seconds. Crazy! Also, he chews/sucks on everything.

Infant's Advil works great too which we use at night since he can't chew and sleep at the same time, lol.
    I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!
  • Oh and the teether comes with a case. Very handy.
    I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!