January 2017 Moms
Options

Ridiculous reasons you're excited for baby

What are your self admitted ridiculous/silly reasons you are excited for baby to get here?!

I'll start:  1) to be able to take nap time snuggle pix with my baby boy & my beagle. 2) for this hormonal acne to go away! 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ridiculous reasons you're excited for baby

• Options
    I can't wait to wear Baby at all the music festivals we go to over the summer. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    To give myself pedicures again! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    1. Also to take adorable pictures of LO with our cat
    2. Finally see if these ginormous boobs will actually serve a purpose after all of these years
    3. Halloween costumes for the next 10+ years 
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm excited to see my husband learn to become a dad, I think he'll rock it!

oh and also be able to drink more than a cup of half-caf coffee a day, though that won't happen until breastfeeding time is over...
  • Options
    LoneStar21416LoneStar21416 member
    edited November 2016
    Being able to eat without it feeling like my stomach is going to explode 
  • Options
    As @raquel87 said, I'm excited to breastfeed again even though it hurt at first and it was exhausting. I'm also excited to watch my son and his baby brother grow together.  <3
  • Options
    I'm excited for someone else to be able to hold this baby.
    I'm excited to see how similar (or hopefully) how different this babe is from her big sister.
    I'm so excited to watch my baby girl become a big sister. ❤
    DD1: EDD 12/21/11 - Born 11/24/11 at 36w1d
    DD2: EDD 1/16/17 - Born 1/12/17 at 39w3d
  • Options
    I'm excited to see DS1 be a big brother! I would also love to sleep on my back!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So excited to dress him up! 
    I can't wait to wear him at the grocery store! 
    I can't wait to take a million pictures of him!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I can't wait to see DH be a daddy.
    I can't wait to put her in the clothes I have so far!
    I can't wait to have pictures of my own baby around the house!
    Pictures in general!
  • Options
    Being able to eat without it feeling like my stomach is going to explode 
    I was just thinking about this the other day....my favorite eating time of year is here (thanksgiving and Christmas) and I won't be able to indulge like normal!

Also, @canavara you are SO NOT being ridiculous in the "alone time" thing.  It is necessary for your sanity and health.  Even if the baby cries (which, if the baby gets used to your fiancée from being with him enough, it should be less of an issue...granted, I understand the mom is usually the one with the food!) don't feel bad!  Take a shower, nap, go to the store by yourself, etc.  The baby and your fiancée will survive (and so will you!).  Also, get a babysitter after the first few weeks and go on a DATE.  So important.  :smile:
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing my husband as a dad, not feeling like a COW everyday, and being able to eat ALL OF THE HOT FOOD!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so excited to see if baby boy looks like his brother. For some reason I keep having dreams that he looks the complete opposite! Silly but true 
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to losing the weight. (However long that takes.) I also want I to be comfortable wearing pants again. 
  • Options
    colleenkevincolleenkevin member
    edited November 2016
    Baby snuggles
    To see DD become a big sister
    No more pregnancy with a toddler while working full time...this is getting exhausting

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To have my own personal baby doll to dress ALL THE OUTFITS!! 

Plus: sleep on my back, sleep on my stomach, not pee every 20 minutes...... and able to get off the couch/floor like a normal person... lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am excited to meet this squirmy little munchkin, watch him develop his own personality, watch my husband become a dad, and to sleep on my back :)
  • Options
    I am excited to dress her up and to see who she will resemble! I am also excited to see how big brother is going to react to her. Finally I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach.
  • Options
    I'm excited to see what she is going to look like and what her personality is going to be. DD1 and DD2 are such opposites that it will be interesting to see the dynamic between all three girls.
  • Options
    I can't wait to be able to run fast again. 

I can't wait to see how our dogs are going to react to him, one of our dogs loves kids and will want to play with him when he is older, our old dog is such a cuddle bug, I bet he will just love him as an infant.

• Options
    SunsetSky said:
    To sleep on my back again. One day. One day.
    Yes!
  • Options
    How did I forget this one?
    *** can't wait to drink WINE again!!!!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Seeing what she looks like, sleeping on my stomach and walks with the stroller once winter is over!

Edited due to autocorrect . 
  • Options
    So many things:
    1) Being able to see my feet again
    2) Being able to get in and out of my car like a normal person
    3) WINE
    4) Sleeping on my stomach again
    5) Not having what feels like a toddler on my bladder or in my ribs
    6) Having my ankles return to a normal size
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I'm excited to see my husband hold his son, his first born for the first time. And to see him become a dad. He is such a great husband/hard worker and treats me so well i just know he will make an amazing dad. 

Also I'm excited to have a turkey BLT from my favorite lunch restaurant (turkey is the deli kind). 
  • Options
    I can't wait to RUN again. And touch my toes. And get out of bed without so much effort I need to lay down again to rest lol

@canavara I so hear you on being alone! Meditation is super difficult when I'm being bombarded with stimulus from INSIDE my body

And dress them up alike sometimes and take so many pictures. Like, so many pictures!
  • Options
    I can't wait to watch H be a dad, see what he looks like and watch his personality unfold, drink wine, watch my dogs be protective over their little bro, and run and feel strong again. 
  • Options
    rdh33rdh33 member
    edited November 2016
    First, I want to know if I have a fellow redhead on my hands. I'm pretty sure I do...

I'm going to take 9 months to a year off from work. I'm SO EXCITED to have a summer off (my first since I was 15... 19 years ago) to be with my son and garden and not be at work!! 

And, ditto what many PP said, I cannot wait to watch my husband hold his son for the first time, be a dad, and to raise our babies together. 

In general, I can't wait to meet this wild baby who likes to make popcorn and bounce around like a puppy inside of me! It'll be such an adventure to watch his personality unfold. Eeeeeeeeee! Happy. 
  • Options

I cant wait to dress her in everything girlie, plus all the BOWS!

See how my DH does with a girl as we only have boys now, I think he'll be the protective type.

Learn how to breastfeed and hopefully get through it and have that wonderful bond.

See if she looks like me or hubby more. DS looked exactly like me so I am curious to see who she takes after. p.s hopefully she has a lot of hair like DS did.

And to be able to drink on occasion again. I was never a drinker (maybe 2x a year) but I have missed wine.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a new client coming on 1/1/17 and they are full of drama already. I can't wait to not deal with them for 12 weeks while I'm at home. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17