February 2017 Moms

Craft Corner, November

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Craft Corner, November

• I've got a baby sweater on the needles - Wee Cria by Ysolda Teague - in some lovely hand dyed yarn sent to me by a friend (Dancing Dog Dyeworks on Etsy). Maybe my mojo will slowly return...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I made a few different picture prints for the nursery with owls and the letter A for baby's first name, and made my own frames yesterday using bright colored cardboard pieces. They are all hung up as of today and I am very proud of myself. 
  • Do any of my crochet ladies have any valentine themed goodies for their littles? I haven't found anything I am in love with yet.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @peachesnbean I'm due after Vday, so I haven't looked anything up... I know it's just a guess, but ehh. Maybe by January I'll be done with everything around the house and make something anyways!
  • @LilyASF42 - I love how things start to look really finished after the back-stitching.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha Totally agree. It's very rewarding after all that time with those teeny, tiny crosses it finally gets some real definition!  
  • imalwaysme79imalwaysme79 member
    edited November 2016
    I think I want to start a new craft hobby. This might be too big, but I want to make a throw/afghan for the glider in the nursery. I have knitted before, although is was very basic stitches and a very simple (small) blanket. I found a crocheted afghan on Pinterest that I love, but I think it might be too big of a project for me. :neutral:
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No photos but I have sewn twice this week! Hoping to get more in this weekend.

My projects are oober boring right now!
    -Liners for my PP cloth stash
    -rice bags for Christmas gifts
    -doll pillow and mattress for DD
    -blanket for DDs new big girl bed

• @imalwaysme79 You can do it!
  • catiecatpcatiecatp member
    edited November 2016
    @peachesnbean - I did a quick search on Ravelry and found a few that I think are super cute and that I've added to my queue (though your tastes may differ) - and I don't know your skill level... Here are a few I love:
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/classy-heart-earflap-hat
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sweetheart-ripple-2
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-heart-garland-2

This one would require translating from French but is cute too
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/valentin

Edit - one of the links didn't work
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm thinking about buying some cheap tank tops and making my own nursing tanks by cutting the shoulders and adding snaps.  I guess I only have to worry about the straps becoming too short and becoming an awkward length right?  
  • I'm thinking about buying some cheap tank tops and making my own nursing tanks by cutting the shoulders and adding snaps.  I guess I only have to worry about the straps becoming too short and becoming an awkward length right?  
    My old nursing tanks also had an interior shelf bra thingy that helped hold the reuseable nursing pads in place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not exciting but I have to try and mend the belly band on one of my maternity pants... the elastic is shredding! 

I think im going to have to hand sew it to since it's super elasticy and I have no idea how my machine will handle it.

• @LaurenAshley04 If you want to machine sew it, use a zigzag stitch. That should prevent the threads from popping when the elastic is stretched. 
  • @Patience7150 is it the same concept for stretchy fabric? The whole hem of the band ripped out, but I've never done much with stretch fabrics.
  • Yep! Same concept for stretchy fabric. The zigzag stitch isn't as durable as an overlock machine, but it will fix it enough for you to be able to keep wearing it. For topstitching a hem, make the length and width of the zigzag the same. If you're joining two seams, the length should be slightly longer than the width. 
  • @fishymom Remy's party is Saturday too!! I bought all the things because I blew my crafting load on halloween
  • Do any of you crafty ladies know much about felting? I'm planning to make a felted ball mobile, but I want to make my own felted balls. How much wool roving would I need per ball? All of the packages I've seen refer to the roving in grams or inches and I don't know how that translates into final product.

• @floatingelephy it gets pretty small. Are you looking for certain colors?  I have a bunch I never used that's just sitting in a bin. 
  • @PerraSucia I'm thinking either black and white plus bright colours or black and white and pastels. Every new colour combo I see on Pinterest, I love. I need to just pick one and go with it.
  • @FishyMom, how did the party go? My kids would have loved that theme. I did Mickey/Minnie theme for their combined 3rd and 1st birthday party. They still love it to this day! Hope you had a good time.
  • Jab3 said:
    @FishyMom, how did the party go? My kids would have loved that theme. I did Mickey/Minnie theme for their combined 3rd and 1st birthday party. They still love it to this day! Hope you had a good time.
    Aww thanks for asking!! It was great!! She loved it soo so much!! Mickey Mouse is so timeless!  It's amazing kids still love it so much!! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• That looks great @FishyMom! I'm so glad she had a good time. It really is a classic. DS always liked vintage Mickey too lol he's too funny 
  • @PerraSucia that... that would be great! You only need one kidney anyway, right? 
  • @Patience7150 that's amazing and minky is such a bitch to sew.