Baby Names

Ophelia? Tallulah?

We're hopefully just days (hours??!?!!) from meeting our second daughter and she remains nameless at this time. We have a list of about 15 and a few are "safe" choices, some are a little more out there, but neither DH or I have one that we love yet.

Our two more "out there" names are Ophelia and Tallulah, what are you thoughts on these two?

Please be kind - keep in mind I'm very, very pregnant! ;)

Anniversary g
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ophelia? Tallulah?

• I hadn't a neighbour with a little girl named Ophelia, and she was just the cutest little thing.  I really like the name. It has a French feel.  Tallulah is NMS at all.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I love them both 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Ophelia better than Tallulah, but there is nothing overly wrong with Tallulah. For some reason I just hear Tallulah in a southern accent, so it 'stamps' it for me, is all. It's still a nice name, tho
  • Neither are my style. 
  • achays11 said:
    Neither are my style. 
    They aren't necessarily our style, either, but good gracious, this kid needs a name! Ha!! :wink:

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love them both prefer Tallulah slightly!

• Love Ophelia. Tallulah is just ok for me. I like the way it sounds. But don't like the way it looks... 
  • Ophelia is pretty. Congratulations mama! Suggesting Cordelia and Delilah on the off chance that nothing sticks.
  • Ophelia is pretty. Congratulations mama! Suggesting Cordelia and Delilah on the off chance that nothing sticks.
    I was going to suggest Delilah too!

What is your older daughters name?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @laurenm2123 her signature has a baby named Lydia so most likely this :) Given that maybe Adeline, Adelaide or Emmeline?
  • Love Ophelia! Tallulah is NMS, but the nn Tally would be cute.
  • Of the two, I like Ophelia better, though I'm not crazy about it. I like the suggestions others have made of Cordelia, Adelaide, or Emmeline.
  • @laurenm2123 her signature has a baby named Lydia so most likely this :) Given that maybe Adeline, Adelaide or Emmeline?
    Thanks! I'm never not on mobile.

I think Ophelia and Tallulah are a little out there with Lydia as a sibset.

What about:
    Delilah
    Amelia
    Adele
    Mia
    Cora
    Isla

Like PP suggestions of Adelaide and Emmeline

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I love Ophelia!
  • I love Ophelia too! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really dislike Tallulah. Ophelia is very nice.
  • I like Ophelia.  To me, Tallulah is kind of a silly name for an adult.  But I've also never met one so who knows.
  • I really like Ophelia!  Tallulah isn't bad but it's not on the same level.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • I want to like both, but don't think they'd feel natural for me in day-to-day life and are more "out there" than Lydia. Lulu would be a cute nickname for Tallulah but I agree with PP it feels like an odd name for an adult. Maybe I'm just not used to it.  I met one Tallulah, about 9 years old with a sister Eloise.  Some suggestions that might feel less "out there" but not too "safe"-

Eloise
    Phoebe
    Delilah 
    Delia
    Cecilia
    Cecily
    Hannah
    Vera
    Beatrice
    Noelle
    Francesca
    Francine 
    Genevieve

• congratulations on your new addition! that's a great point about the OMG... enjoy your girls :)
  • Congrats! I LOVE the name Evelyn!
    BabyFruit Ticker