Pregnant after IF

Third Tri- Weekly Check In 10/31

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited November 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: what do you miss being able to do that you can't / have trouble doing because you are pregnant that you look forward to doing after your sweet baby or babies arrive ? 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy
@Griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with a little boy
@ultratomato EDD 12/29/16 with twin girls 
@Drove2u EDD 1/4/17 with a little girl
@vssbrm EDD 1/14/17 with a little boy 
@tulips29 EDD 1/22/17 with a little boy

congrats to @sassysyd on her adorable twins !!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Third Tri- Weekly Check In 10/31

• Any update from @morningstar80 ? Just wanna make sure I didn't miss anything !! Hope she's doing well !!

**BFP and loss warning**

• Loading the player...
  • Hello ladies!
    I'm in week 38 and just had my every other day check.
    She was not cooperating so I ended up with 4 people around my bed and an ultrasound. (Didn't mind the latter) 
    They registered quite some action of my uterus and will be surprised if they see me on Wednesday for a scan.
    I told them I had to pop by IKEA on my way home and they said, do it quick and then don't go to far on your own. 
    So will see, I think it has calmed down again.

My nursery is almost finished, just need a mirror which I went to IKEA for, but it was sold out. :(
    Only need a few more lights to be hanged up and I'll be moving into my new place :)

QOTW: I miss pole dancing. I really loved the fitness/training of this. It gave me strength, muscles, flexibility and confidence. 
    I have a pole I can set up at home, so I might try again in a few weeks, and later on see if they have classes I could follow.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I can relate to the 'not feeling right' about the high impact exercise @makeenan.
    My body told me to slow down too.

Dont have an update on @Morningstar80

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Happy Halloween!!! 30 weeks here. Got my tdap Friday and got such a bad reaction to it. Arm kills, is still red and swollen and had flu like symptoms all weekend. Luckily I'm better today and at work. 
    Baby is doing well!!! 
  • Happy Monday ladies! 
    tvh1982mskeenan - you ladies are getting so close!

I have an ultrasound on Wed for size check etc which I'm really looking forward too. For this one they are sending me to the actual ultrasound center which hopefully means she'll throw in some 3d images as well! I haven't seen the little guy since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I always get a little nervous before a scan probably b/c it's been a while and I over analyse every little thing I feel. This week he has started moving differently... More of him rolling over instead of kicking. I know that's normal b/c he has less space to move around in but sometimes it worries me. I'm just grateful he's still active so I know he's there!

QOTW: I miss some of the foods we can't eat. I'm not really a big drinker so I don't find myself really craving any specific alcohol. I am ready to be able to sleep comfortably and move around easier (you know, tie my shoes without all of the effort!). I know I'll still be up several times a night but at least I will be able to lay down comfortably!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi all, 38 weeks today. @mskeenan I am sharing the same feelings about excitement/anxiety. I am not sure if I want it happen right now or just wanna wait as long as possible. the pregnancy started to feel uncomfortable and I am too inpatient to have my baby in my arms but I also still do not feel ready at all. On Saturday night, I started to cry because I was feeling too tired and I was not ready for delivery. I really want to be finished with work this week. I ll see how it goes.
    Besides that everything is fine, my parents arrived and they organized everything for the baby. It eased my anxiety a little. @tvh1982 so exciting that you are having labor symptoms ! Looking forward to hearing your good news.
    QOTW: I miss wearing my regular clothes, I was cheap and did not buy muc maternity clothes and I honestly did not find many things I liked. So I ended up wearing the same things over and over again and I am so bored with my selection. 
  • Happy Howl-o-ween  :p 35 weeks today! Still around and kickin. Can't believe how close some of you are! I have an OB appt tomorrow then I'll start going weekly. Still getting things in order like washing his clothes. My last day of work is Friday!! 

QOTW: I haven't had a Mountain Dew Code Red 20oz since my transfer on 3/17/16! There will be one waiting for me in the delivery room! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi! 29 weeks last Saturday! 

Next DR apt is on Friday, and we start going bi-weekly for a bit. went to the dentist today, I was really worried that my mouth was going to be super sensitive due to baby, but it wasn't so bad. I def bleed more than I usually do at a cleaning (I usually never bleed!) but it was pretty minimal. 

I really could go for some good Napoli style pizza (w/ gluten if Lumpy doesn't have gluten issues too - bf'ing) and a glass of red wine. @ultratomato I indulge in the soft cheeses so long as they are pasteurized. There are just so many things I can not eat, I can not give up ricotta on my toast in the mornings. I read that so long as it's pasteurized it's okay. 

The contractors should be out of the house by the end of next week! Looking forward to that. 

@capps42613 yay for being done w work! Hopefully he comes right on time and you have a little bit to get stuff done!

you guys are making me nervous about this dtap shot!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • For the cheese, I have been eating Feta (from pasteruized milk) throughout all my pregnancy.
  • Ladies I have been having a I don't know if I would call it a pain or stretching feeling every time I stand down by my vagina anyone else get that feeling I was debating on calling the dr? 
  • ultratomato - I'm starting to get a similar pain sometimes too. I feel like baby is sitting lower which is causing more pressure. I have an appointment tomorrow though so I am definitely going to ask. I want to say someone on the board in last week's checkup was mentioning the same thing and that it was normal. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited November 2016
    @tulips29 welcome to third tri ! I added you . I hope your appointment yesterday went well ! 

@ultratomato would you say it's around your pubic bone ? I have that and my midwife said it was normal - baby has dropped and is putting a lot of pressure on everything down there . I have been really sore in that area . I also have "electric crotch " when I go from standing to kneeling or sitting and vice versa ... It feels like someone is electrocuting my cervix . It hurts pretty bad to the point where I've screamed out loud before because it can be startling but it only hurts for a bit  . I'm kind of used to it now , though . I think at this point some pain and pressure down there is totally normal but always good to ask your care provider just for reassurance ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

edited November 2016
    @tvh1982 I've never tried pole dancing but I was a dancer years ago and have always been interested ! It looks so hard !!! Maybe I'll have to try it when I get back in shape lol 
    @zoefer hang in there !! I did lots of crying over the weekend too about being exhausted ! I'm so afraid I'll go into labor on a day when I'm exhausted and not be able to push . I know that's kind of crazy for me to think that but it scares me !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan thank you! Yesterday's sonogram still showed complete previa, so I'll discuss it with my OB tomorrow. I've mentally prepared myself for an earlier c-section already though. 

@ultratomato I haven't experienced this yet, but heard from some others that this is common and normal. One friend described it as lightning-like sensations that are very sudden and painful. I'd say if you're worried about anything, it's always best to ask your doctor and get some reassurance. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Tulips29  - hope your appt goes well tomorrow!

Is it wrong that there is a little part of me that wants a c-section b/c then I would know the date he is going to be here??? That way with all of the stress I have about not being able to move into our new house until the 10th of Dec and baby being due the 28th and then all of my family & DH's family apparently plan on coming to stay with us for who knows how long at Christmas on top of not knowing when exactly the LO is arriving won't be an issue... I definitely want the LO to come when he is supposed to and I just want a safe healthy delivery but there is a part of me that wants the ob to tell me I need a c-section. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well went to OB and the dr wanted to put me on maternity leave then but instead he said I could take the rest of the week off work and he wants me to walk 20 min or more and also stretch. Apparently my muscle is weak and he wants me to strengthen it.
  • @Griffin5413 I was against having a c section because I'm just scared of being cut open, but now I'm kind of liking the idea of knowing when my little guy will be here. I'm already looking at the calendar trying to pick the most convenient date even though my OB hasn't confirmed yet when it will happen lol. So I hear you! Sounds like you'll have a lot going on in December, so hopefully your little guy keeps baking until it's time to come out and won't stress you out even more. I keep talking at my stomach asking him to not make a surprise appearance earlier though. 

@ultratomato was the weak muscle what was causing the pain? At least it's good you got an answer! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @griffin5413 I would be lying if I said I've never thought about wishing I had to have a c section . In some ways things would be easier ... But the recovery is what would scare me the most as I hear it is no walk in the park . My doctor asked me if I wanted to elect to have a c section , which shocked me . I would never elect for it but if for some reason I have to have one I will come to peace with it . I'm trying to stay open to anything so that I don't get upset or too stressed out .

Im so sorry that you have so much stress coming up around babys delivery time but it'll all work out the way it's supposed to ! We have been through the hell of IF .. We can handle anything right ?! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @Griffin5413 I begged my doc for a CS with DD for selfishly not wanting to deal with pain lol but luckily there was no reason to warrant one. I had an easy vaginal delivery and feel the complete opposite now. I'd hate to have a CS and deal with the recovery while nursing and taking care of a newborn. But of course, whatever is best for my son, I'll do. I could only imagine the stress you're feeling now  :/ hoping for the best!

AFM we had our 35 week check up today. All is well. HR is 140 & head is still down. Next week starts cervical checks & I will have the strep test done. I was totally only joking with him when I said "and you'll strip the membranes"? And he said not at 36 weeks, but at 38 weeks we'll talk. Hmm... I just don't want to have to be induced a week late again is all! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
    edited November 2016
    @capps42613 I wish my doc would check my cervix . I've asked multiple times and they just say no we won't really check unless you go past 40 weeks . I just want an update ... Like are things gettin ready down there ? Lol . 

On a random note - It was 90 degrees here today . It's November !! What the hell ?!!! I need a cold front to come through so my hot flashes can be more manageable . Is anyone else feeling so hot all the time ? Wondering if it's third trimester fun or if it's just hot as hell here still ... 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan oh goodness, I can't imagine being in 90 degree heat right now. We hit almost 80 here in NYC on Sunday and I was dying from the heat. Husband and I went for a walk in Central Park and it felt like I was hiking through a desert lol. Now it's back to 50's and I am feeling much more comfortable. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @mskeenan ugh! That is super frustrating. I wanted to ask to have him check today bc 3 different people have told me I dropped (not that it really means much), but I didn't. And yes, I'm definitely warmer now. By this time of year I usually wear a long sleeve shirt under my scrubs and I have no desire for one yet AND I'm still warm with short sleeves. That weather sounds horrible. Some days recently it's gotten down to 50 degrees in Jersey. Hang in there!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @tvh1982 ah, what amazing news to wake up to! Congratulations!!! Pia is absolutely precious. Enjoy every moment with her! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tvh1982 She is precious congrats. @Tulips29 yes that was what was causing the pain hopefully I can stretch and walk in these three days off I counted how many more days of work I have left is 15 so I'm going to not take a leave. @Griffin5413 I'm also scared of a c section with these twins 1 I don't want the extra recovery time and 2 I don't want to be cut open. But in the end if it's the safest for the babies then I'm for it 
  • vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited November 2016
    @tvh1982 She is beautiful!!!!!! I love the name (I might be a bit partial as that's one of my husband's nicknames for me!). She is precious enjoy all the moments and a big congratulations to you!!!

@mskeenan  90 degrees?! No thank you! It's been in the 50s here and I've still been waking up with night sweats while sleeping with no blankets! 

@Griffin5413 the house will get done! I keep trying to tell my husband, the baby doesn't care where it has to live rightaway, he will have no clue if he isn't in his nursery yet! But I do understand the anxiety of wanting everything to be perfect and the nursery unpacked and ready.

AFM - I posted this on the prayer group too, so briefly - went into doc around 2 yesterday to test for UTI, test showed negative, discussed symptoms, urgency, BH contractions coming much more frequently, and my previous complication caused her to send me to L&D. More tests, no UTI, white blood cells in urine and low bp tho. So lots of fluids and a slumber party for us until things calm down. They have done a few cervical checks and nothing is going on, so hopefully it continues that way. Lumpy sounds great tho, they've had him on surround sound most of the time we have been here.

Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @tvh1982 Pia is so gorgeous!! Congratulations to you. Such great news!  
  • @tvh1982 Pia is so gorgeous!! Congratulations to you. Such great news!  
  • capps42613capps42613 member
    edited November 2016
    @tvh1982 oh my goodness! Words can't describe how happy iam for you  <3 Pia is perfect. Congratulations! Xoxo Ps- she looks a lot like you.

@vssbrm T & P that you are released soon and baby continues to do well!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @mskeenan - it hit 100 here last week in Phoenix which was the latest on record. It has finally cooled down a little into the low 80s high 70s which is great. But I feel you on being warm! 
    @tvh1982 - what a beautiful little girl. So glad everything went well. Congrats!!!!
    vssbrm - glad the LO is still good! hopefully you will be feeling better soon. Take it easy. 
    capps42613 - glad your check up went well today! It's nice that your dr will begin to talk about it at 38 weeks though. I have a feeling my OB is not going to be in a rush to deliver. 

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I know ultimately everything will get done when it's supposed to and he will come exactly when he should. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 congrats!! Pia looks amazing and i am so happy for you !
    I cant believe that I am the next? I have a dr appointment and we ll see if there is any progress with me.
  • @ZoeFer keep us posted! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @ZoeFer wow, I still remember talking to you on the IF boards when I first joined. Can't believe your due date is right around the corner! Hope your appointment goes well! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tvh1982  Pia is gorgeous! Congratulations!!
  • @zoefer can't wait for your updates. So close now!!
  • @tvh1982 Congrats! Pia is gorgeous, enjoy every minute!

Sorry I haven't been checking in recently, I have been dealing with some health issues (not baby related), but it seems like everything is stable now. I also found out my grandma is in the hospital after a bad fall and there is a chance that she will not be able to come in for the birth which really has me feeling down.

I am 34w5d and had my shower over the past weekend which was really nice. We got a lot of nice items, but are still in need of our stroller/car seat and the bassinet, we are seeing how long we can hold off until we have to buy it since we know some relatives are still sending us gifts. I am so ready to be done with work, but I still have 4 weeks left. Everything is slowly but surely coming together which is really exciting!! We have the pack-n-play and the rock-n-play set up in our family room so that's a constant happy reminder :) 
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• I have been checking this board for updates! So happy to see that you have had your beautiful baby girl. @tvh1982 Congrats! Hope you and Pia are doing well! ❤️

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.