Baby Names
Options

Your opinions please

hello ladies, my husband and I are trying to come up with some boy names that start with a J and are basically at a total loss besides 2 names. Both of the names to me sound a little "preppy" to me and would like your input on how you would perceive guys with the following names. I am looking for strong and powerful or masculine names without being too common.. so here it goes..

julian
jensen 

Re: Your opinions please

• Options
    Love Julian

Really dislike Jenson it's redneck country sounding to me 

• Options
    I much prefer Julian and I don't think it sounds preppy. I agree with PP that Jenson actually has a country vibe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Jensen. I know someone with the name Julian and I dislike him greatly. Jensen is very masculine to me and not really country at all imo
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Julian is awesome! Jensen is a little too weird for me. What about Jasper? 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I love Julian. It's such a great name. 

Jensen I'm somewhere between like and neutral. It's a surname first and Cloud 9's midlaners handle (and actual surname ) 2nd, and thanks to the last two weeks of Worlds I go back and forth between the Jen and Yen pronounciations.

Uh. Tldr, prefer Julian. Would you like suggestions of other j names or nah?
  • Options
    I like Jensen because I think of Jensen Ackles from Supernatural and he's definitely a strong and masculine guy.  Julian to me has always been a really soft sounding boys name. I do like Jasper but that also has a softer sound to it.  There's also Jack/Jackson, Jericho, Jared, Joel, and Jett.
  • Options
    I like both. Jensen would be my #1, but that's totally in my naming style. 
  • Options
    I actually like both names. I think Julian sounds less masculine in comparison. Love PP's suggestion of Jasper; it was on my boys list.
  • Options
    Julian for sure
  • Options
    I love Julian and wish we didn't already have kids in our circle with the name!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the opinions!! I love to hear everyone's thoughts on the names!! Big brothers name is Jett so Not sure if Julian or Jensen sound better.   I am open to suggestions too! Jasper crossed my mind but the hubby nixed that one 
  • Options
    Jeff and Jensen are the same at the front of the name. That would be too close for me.
  • Options
    I don't like Jensen, I do love Julian. How about James or Jack.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Julian is nice. I'm not a fan of Jensen but it's not terrible.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Julian. 

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    I like Julian a lot better than Jenson. What about Jude?
  • Options
    Julian 
  • Options
    hello ladies, my husband and I are trying to come up with some boy names that start with a J and are basically at a total loss besides 2 names. Both of the names to me sound a little "preppy" to me and would like your input on how you would perceive guys with the following names. I am looking for strong and powerful or masculine names without being too common.. so here it goes..

julian
    jensen 
    Neither one is really my style but I agree with what PP have said - Julian sounds less masculine and Jensen has more of a country vibe. Not sure if you're looking for suggestions but some I have would be:

Jude
    Jody
    Josua
    James
    Jeremiah
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016