Baby Names
Options

Middle name Frankie for a girl?

I'd like your thoughts on the middle name Frankie for a girl.  My grandpa's name was Franklin (went by Frankie) and I'd love to use the name for one of my children.  We are having our second girl and don't plan to have any more kids.  My husband refuses to use it as a first name.  We have chosen Clara as a first name.  Does Frankie go with Clara as a middle name?  Clara Frankie?   Thanks!!

Re: Middle name Frankie for a girl?

• Options
    bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited October 2016
    Frankie is such a nickname it's kinda harsh on its own. What about Francesca, personally I love that with the nn Frankie. Or If not  since it's in the middle I would just use Franklin honestly. Clara Frankie just doesn't flow 

• Options
    i think its cute, but sounds more like a nickname. frances maybe? but i think it sounds nice with clara if you choose to use it.
    welcoming our ewok 2/6/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just using Franklin as the middle name is a good idea!  It doesn't sound too masculine?  Maybe I could change the spelling to Franklyn to make it more feminine?
  • Options
    Vote for Clara Franklin 

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I also like Clara Franklin. 
  • Options
    Just own it and do Clara Franklin. 
  • Options
    I agree on Clara Franklin - NOT WITH A Y! :) 
  • Options
    I agree that Frankie doesn't flow well with Clara. Clara Franklin has my vote. 
  • Options
    Thanks for your honest opinions everyone!!
  • Options
    What about Frances? Clara Frances is beautiful 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Clara Frances
  • Options
    SmrBrd2012SmrBrd2012 member
    edited October 2016
    I vote Clara Frances as well. I know people can have more fun with the MN slot but I really dislike Clara Frankie and Franklin. It's clunky and not feminine at all and I really think it takes away from the name Clara which I love.
  • Options
    Clara Franklin gets my vote......she will love the history behind her middle name.
  • Options
    I've already commented on this post but this just occurred to me (I'm blaming baby brain! ;) )

My middle name is Clayton because my grandpa died about a year or so before my mom had me, and she used his last name as my middle name as a tribute.

I have always loved my middle name and plan on using it as a middle name if my next LO is a girl (Amelia Clayton M--------) FWIW. This time it would be an honor to my grandma.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Clara Franklin gets my vote. We also use the MN spot to honor family members, and I think it's okay to have a little fun there. Clara Francis, while more feminine, doesn't honor him the same way, IMO.
  • Options
    Clara Frances gets my vote!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Frances or Francesca

• Options
    We have a Frankie (her given name) in our Mum's group it's pretty normal and considered a really cool name where I am from. Good luck with your choice!