Pregnant after IF
Options

**First Trimester Check In Oct. 24 New Leader Needed**

2»

Re: **First Trimester Check In Oct. 24 New Leader Needed**

• Options
    kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited October 2016
    I am going to go on a little rant here sorry. I went for my ob interview where you meet with the nurse. The nurse was really nice but didn't seem to have much knowledge on anything but the paperwork she had to give me. I told her we went through ivf and she said oh that's so neat you were able to go through that. I told her we were pregnant with twins and she seemed so confused how I could know that already. She told me i needed to get a lot of bloodwork done. I asked why when I had to have the same blood work a week before I got pregnant. She said that its just what they do and it all could change. Majority of the tests were to see if I was immune to things and what blood type I was. How would any of that have changed in 2 months? I wish the ob offices would put a little more time educating their nurses on fertility treatment and look into the records so your not duplicating things. Sorry for the rant I am just frustrated today as the bloodwork is coming back and I realized majority of the 5 vials weren't necessary.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options
    I've had two ultrasounds already and have seen my baby and heard his/her heartbeat both times. It was awesome. My first ultrasound was last week at 6w 2d and my second was yesterday at 7w 2d. I go for my third in two weeks and I'll be 9w 2d then. My ultrasounds are conducted by the fertility clinic that I got my IUI's at. At my next ultrasound they'll start the process of transferring me over to my OB who's been my gyno for years. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kelrauh I'm always amazed at the insensitivity of people. "Oh that's so neat you could go through that?" No. Maybe "I'm so happy the procedure worked for you." I had an experience at my REs office with a nurse who was just filling in. I had come in for an extra ultrasound because there was a month between then and when I could see my regular ob. She said something like, "I can't get over how many times you guys have ultrasounds. We just had one back in my day." Well, good for you! It took me two years to get here, so yeah, if I want to double check that things are progressing, what does it matter to you!! I missed the regular nurse so badly that day
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    @clt2pwm11 - I had seen this OB a few times before we move to the RE and this was not the nurse that I had met before. I hope that she was just filling in for this appointment since it was a long appointment. I wish that we could have the same "special treatment" at the OB office that we get at the RE. I think that RE offices understand the anxiety, time, pain and money that went into us just getting pregnant and the OB offices see us as another pregnant women. I know my OB will be more understanding than the nurse, its just hard when you don't see the OB the first time you go. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @Steff_99 They also recommended that we get an echo test done at 24 weeks. It's not an invasive test. I think it's worth it due to the higher risk with IVF and the need for immediate surgery after birth if they find any heart defects.

As for the hearing-the-heartbeat issue, again it depends on the u/s equipment. My first u/s was with my OB's u/s tech in the regular u/s room and we got to hear it. My second was with an OB who had mobile u/s equipment hooked up to a laptop in the exam room, and we didn't hear it. It just depends on your clinic's equipment - there is no "norm."
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    Sad that I will be moving on from this 1st trimester group but so glad that ive got to read all these posts and get to know everyone a little better!! 

Also glad weve come this far!! So bye bye for now Baby Chadwell is moving full steam ahead into the 2nd trimester <3.......Cant wait to see you ladies in the next Trimester posts xoxoxoxox 

PS. Our gender reveal is this evening so I shall share that news later ;) 

Me: 34 DH: 43
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    May 7, 2016: IUI#1 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    June 6, 2016: IUI #2 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    IVF Consult 1 & 2: June 10, 2016 / July 15, 2016 
    Started Stims: July 15, 2016 (Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur)
    Trigger ----> 08/03 ----> ER on 08/05 ----> Transfer ------> 08/10
    BETA 1 (8/22) - 401  - BETA 2 (8/24) - 541 - BETA 3 (8/26) - 913
    Baby Chadwell's First U/S: 09/06/2016 / EDD: 04/28/2017
  • Options
    @kelrauh I am confused as to why they need to do my blood type again.  They should have that on file from my first baby.  Not like it's changed!!!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    It really does blow my mind how much the equipment can differ from one office to the next. The fact that my RE's office can't give us heart rates though has made everyone I've told (including nurses) roll their eyes. And now I feel like I'm still stuck in limbo because I have to just take my RE's word for it that the heart "looks good" on the screen. I keep trying to remind myself that our baby is measuring perfectly at least and if she didn't have a strong heart rate that growth would probably slow down, right? Hopefully we'll get an actual heart rate at the OB on Wednesday.

@kelrauh Just UGH. Untrained/unknowledgeable nurses are the worse and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I had one of those at the RE that led me to doing my PIO in the wrong spot for a week (and the pain was unbearable). I really don't have time for people who don't know what they're doing or talking about.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @JaneJane That's so strange! They won't even make you an appointment? I would let your RE know about your situation ASAP and see if they can fax your records over to speed up the process.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17