January 2017 Moms
Options

Friyay Ticker Change 10/28

Happy Friday, y'all!

What's new with your little babe? How far along are you?

What have you done this week to prepare for your baby's arrival?

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms:

When is your next appointment?

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween? (Bonus points if you tell me what you're dressing up as!)
Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
"It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Re: Friyay Ticker Change 10/28

• Options
    What's new with your little babe? How far along are you? 30 weeks today!  Atticus is the size of zucchini!

What have you done this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? I think we're pretty set at the moment. We are waiting to see what we receive at my baby shower on the 12th, and then we will buy whatever else we need.

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms: I can't believe he's almost here! Ahhh! This pregnancy has gone by so fast.

When is your next appointment? Tuesday! (I passed the glucose test! Yay!)

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween? (Bonus points if you tell me what you're dressing up as!) DH and I are dressing up as Juno and Paulie Bleecker from the movie Juno.  We are going to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight at our local historic theater, and tomorrow we are going to my friend's family annual Halloween party. On actual Halloween, a whole bunch of nothing.  We only get 2 or 3 trick or treaters.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Hiiiii!!!

Happy Friday!

29 Weeks!  Like @gonetothesea I can't believe how close we're getting.  I'm a bit in denial!  Baby changed her position on monday and she's been super active since then.  Lots of big kicks that are showing through my clothes, which I'm loving as it's super reassuring!  

Besides starting to panic about how relatively soon it is, I bought this super cute playmat: https://www.mamasandpapas.com/en-gb/octopus-playmat-gym/p/759482771/   We're going to order the mini crib we're going to use for the first six months this weekend.  

TMI but so much discharge.  And more noticeable braxton hicks contractions. 

I had one on Wednesday, everything is looking good! Though I need to call back next week for my routine blood test resultss.  Next appointment is mid November. 

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween? (Bonus points if you tell me what you're dressing up as!)
    So Halloween isn't a huge thing here  :( .  One reason why I def have to move back to America- I want my kid to fully experience trick or treating!  We were invited to a halloween party on Saturday but we already had tickets to see Into the Heights, which just opened in London.  So no halloween for me boo hoo. Though I just had a halloween themed donut... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hayhay87 said:
    Besides starting to panic about how relatively soon it is, I bought this super cute playmat: https://www.mamasandpapas.com/en-gb/octopus-playmat-gym/p/759482771/   We're going to order the mini crib we're going to use for the first six months this weekend. 
    Cuuuuuute playmat! We bought a Mamas and Papas stroller! I can't wait to use it. It comes with a pram and everything.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options

27 weeks! I can tell I'm about to enter the 3rd "I feel like a beached whale" trimester. :)

The letters for his name to hang in his room arrived. HOPEFULLY next weekend  I'll be able to finish painting the room (I've decided to paint trees instead of doing a decal. WTF am I thinking??). Hopefully, in the next month or so I'll be able to make the curtains, bumpers, sheets and changing pad covers. Sigh, time is flying by.

I'm doing pretty good. Tucker is moving around a lot, but I, on the other hand, am starting to have a hard time doing so. Tiredness is creeping back in and I'm getting quite full quite easily, especially in the evenings.

GD test/checkup on the 10th. 

DS is going to be a police officer, DH is going to be his prisoner and I just have a black/white striped top I'll wear when we go trick or treating. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    AlicjaBAlicjaB member
    edited October 2016
    I'm 29 weeks. He's the size of an acorn squash, whatever that is, never seen one! Can't believe this month is pretty much over. Then we all have November, then December, then BAM baby is here. Still seems unreal to me.

Finished building the dresser. My uncle sanded down another dresser and just waiting for him to pick up the stain to finish it. Definitely need to focus on decorating and getting a bouncer soon. 

My nose was giving me problems for what seems like 2 months now. So I finally brought it up to the doctor, because it was getting really hard to breathe at night from all the stuffiness. Said any nasal spray was fine, so I got me some Vicks moisturizing spray, I am in love!

In 2 weeks. Just had one on Wednesday, got my rhogam and tdap, and got the anticipated "normal result" of the glucose test. Yay!

This weekend we are going to Stan Lee's Comic Con. Hoping to find some cute geeky goodies for LO! As for Halloween itself, just stay home and pass out candy to fellow trick or treaters. I bought soooooo much candy because I was shopping by myself lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gonetothesea - their strollers look so nice! We went to an expectant parents evening at one of their stores (where I got some sweet coupons) and if we hadn't already bought our stroller (which DH is weirdly obsessed with) I definitely would have been super tempted to get one of theirs.  I'm sure it'll be amazing! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hayhay87 said:
    @gonetothesea - their strollers look so nice! We went to an expectant parents evening at one of their stores (where I got some sweet coupons) and if we hadn't already bought our stroller (which DH is weirdly obsessed with) I definitely would have been super tempted to get one of theirs.  I'm sure it'll be amazing! 
    Ah, very cool! I actually found mine on Craigslist for a great deal! I lucked out the day I typed in Mamas and Papas stroller, and it was the only one that popped up near my area. It was destiny. :wink:
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    hjmorgan-2hjmorgan-2 member
    edited October 2016
    28 Weeks! Hello third-trimester! He is getting extremly and really strong kicks!

Nothing! And it's driving me crazy! :D

The whole BH any time I get up/walk too fast or any kind of extra activity.... isn't all that fun.
    So if my uterus could calm down, that'd be great....

Next Friday. :)

Nothing big, probably carving pumpkins and handing out candy at my parents house. lol
    I don't have a costume yet. ):
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LBLQ84LBLQ84 member
    edited October 2016
    Hi ladies! Missed the past few weeks due to moving to Vancouver Island! Glad to be somewhat settled now until Christmas. 

27 weeks! Baby is the size of a camping lantern & moving around a lot. 

Well, we brought some baby things with us in case he comes early, but we are living in our RV for the next two months, so everything cute we bought is back at our house; I'm missing looking at it all!! 
    Signed up for a Aqua Yoga class, and bought a maternity bathing suit! 

The ❤️ Burn is real! 

ETA the rest of my post keeps getting eaten... I give up! 
  • Options
    30 weeks! Babies are 3lbs2oz and 3lbs5oz
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What's new with your little babe? How far along are you? 28 weeks today!  Hello, third trimester! He's kicking like crazy, especially when his Daddy reads "Goodnight Moon" to him.  We are already so in love!

What have you done this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? Well, we are trying to wrap up the kitchen renovations so we can start cleaning out his room.  We have all of our big furniture; we just have to start putting it together.  We also have some color swatches so we can decide what color to make his room. Shower invitations went out this week.  I'm really looking forward to it on December 3. 

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms: My back seems like it's getting worse every day.  My sciatica is killing me.  I wake up during the night so many times.  I'm at the point where I can only sleep on my left side.  I'm practically limping when I get out of bed.  My acid reflux is getting out of control too and I NEVER had that in my life.  The dr said I can take Tums but that's about it. 

When is your next appointment?  Just had my 2 week check up today.  Baby's heartbeat is going strong at 135.  I had my Rhogam shot today and in two weeks I'll get the whooping cough vaccine.  I've gained 20 pounds so far in this pregnancy. YIKES! 

GTKY: What are your plans for Halloween? (Bonus points if you tell me what you're dressing up as!) My bf decorates our front yard every year and he goes all out.  This year he has projection screens to show off some scary ghosts and he's building tombstones this weekend.   I have a pumpkin shirt I ordered from Amazon.  I'm hoping it's delivered by tomorrow. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    -finishing up week 27... almost to third trimester :) continue to feel more of babies movements!

-as we're still stuck in our 1bd lease till Jan, we have all the baby gifts piling up on the living room and trying to keep that organized. We have some bbb coupons and some target gift cards we may use to buy the more boring things off our registry like nipple creams and diapers.

-rants/raves/symptoms- I ate pretty junky last weekend when I was visiting my hometown... lots of Taco Bell (my fave which I never have here), pizza, baby shower sweets, and other than some bloat- no tummy troubles. Last night we went on a nicer date for some veggies and pasta and I wake up with cramps and diarrhea.... what?! Now H says he thinks we shouldn't eat out anymore during pregnancy as this isn't the first time I've been sick after nice restaurant. What gives?!

-next appt is on Wednesday. Need to remember to pick up my rhogam shot before appt.

-no Halloween plans this weekend, hoping to have a low key weekend as the past couple have been pretty tiring. We have a work party on Monday in the afternoon, I don't have a costume yet so I'll have to rig something up!

happy weekend everyone 
  • Options
    27 weeks!  Finally third trimester--the end is in sight!

Everything is set as far as I can tell.  I need to buy an outfit to bring baby home in but I haven't decided what I want yet.  I still have some things to do near the end (install car seat, pack hospital bag, buy a few last minute things for my recovery and for NB baby) but I am not in any rush to do any of that since I still have 13 weeks.

My back hurts.  All the freaking time.  I did my 3 hour GTT on Friday and passed!!!

Next appointment is Tuesday.

Taking the kids trick or treating.  I am dressing my belly up as Mike Wazowski to match 2 year olds Sully costume.
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!