January 2017 Moms
Options

Baby pool

Wondering if any of you lovely ladies are planning to have a baby pool set up at either your baby shower or perhaps at your work?

If you are planning to do one for yourself, how are you setting it up?

Originally I wanted to do a large bristol board with about 6 weeks worth of dates available for people to choose from, but now I'm worried there won't be enough dates for everyone to choose from. Do you make people pick a certain time of day as well? Or just am/ pm? 
Then I thought maybe just a large jar with a calendar printed on it to show available dates and then people can just write what they think on a slip of paper and put it in the jar.......
I work at a restaurant where we have soooo many regulars that I know will want to be a part of it, but don't know the best way to go about it. I want to have it set up by beginning to mid November

Re: Baby pool

• Options
    Hahahaha @lindsladle15 sorry!!! Is it not called a baby pool? I had a hard time trying to figure out what it was called when I first thought of it....everyone I asked agreed it was baby pool......ahh maybe I'm wrong?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    katesmama0706katesmama0706 member
    edited October 2016
    We didn't have any money behind ours but we had a running one with DD. Big calendar with initials on the date they expected baby with an actual time of birth guess because we had so many people guess the same date. I just made the time list on the back of the calendar (ours was paper) 

PS we called ours a birth date pool so I was with with Lindsladle and was like "is she talking about birthing pools?" Until the 3rd paragraph haha
  • Options
    For a coworker, we had a poster board with rows & columns. People would write their name in 1st column, date they guessed for the birth, height, then weight. I think the winner had to have the right date plus closest to height & weight without going over. Since we're team green, I figured we'd replace weight with sex & I'm gonna get a dunkin donut gift card to mail to the winner.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.