May 2017 Moms

GTKY: Weird Foods You Enjoy

2»

Re: GTKY: Weird Foods You Enjoy

• Oh man you guys are adventurous eaters. I am one who doesn't like any of my food to touch or mix. The craziest I get is I like to put corn on my mashed potatoes and gravy.
  • Mine isn't so crazy, at least I don't think so but I love mashed potatoes with gravy and corn mixed in! When I was younger my brother and I used to eat some strange things though...cheetos dipped in ketchup, mac&cheese mixed with Spaghettios, cereal with water (only when we were out of milk, but I told you guys I love water) :lol: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • As a kid, I always ate my pancakes/waffles with peanut butter and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. I haven't done it in a long time but I imagine it's probably too sweet for me now. Other than that, I'm someone who uses a lot of sauces/condiments. If any food has a possibility of being sauced (bbq, mustard, marinara, etc.), I'm going to need a lot of it! Like probably to a gross degree.
  • I eat tostilocos and that alone is pretty bizarre to most who haven't tried it. It's chips, topped with fruits such as jicima, mango, cucumber, then some cuerritos( pickled pig skin), Japanese peanuts, some type of tamarind candy or gummy, lemon and lime juice, tapatio and Valentina(Mexican hot sauces), tajin( a lemon and chili spice), chamoy ( a sweet and spicy tamarind sauce). 

I also love hot cheetos and sour cream. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Luckyu317 said:
    Well without even thinking I poured BBQ sauce on my mashed potatoes at dinner.
    I use to eat my mashed potatoes like this as a kid, but I also put that refrigerated buttery garlic on it too...which doesn't sound good, but I loved it.
    Now I'm not as adventurous with food, but my pregnancy with DD made a lot of food unappealing to me and this pregnancy is just about the same.

Anyone else like buttery, microwave popcorn on PBJ?
  • I like weird combos. Donut burgers sound amazing, unusual toppings intrigue me. I'll try just about anything. I like PB sandwiches with Doritos. Just mustard, cheese, and mayo sandwiches. Mashed potatoes filled with corn then doused in ranch. 
    Nope, nope, nope. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @MoshiMoshi7 - Steak in ranch dressing is sooooo good.  I love ranch dressing on just about anything!

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I fall in the category of people who don't like their food to touch! Haha 
    I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food.  Craziest thing I eat is applesauce and saltine crackers! 
  • @blissfulberry I still eat peanut butter and syrup (I usually use sugar free) on my waffles! Yum!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @blissfulberry I still eat peanut butter and syrup (I usually use sugar free) on my waffles! Yum!
    I don't eat waffles very often, but when I do, this is the only way. So good!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I was eating graham crackers with cream cheese on them the other day.  My husband thought it was a weird pregnancy craving, but I don't think it's that strange. :wink:

Current sorta-strange cravings are rice pudding and eggo waffles.  Not odd or gross foods particularly, but both things that aren't part of my normal eating habits, that I wouldn't typically buy.
  • Count me in the "don't let my food touch" camp! When I was little I wouldn't eat anything with sauce - it was "dirty." Luckily I've branched out somewhat since then. 

Probably my weirdest pairing is that when I eat Oreos, I like to have a glass of OJ. I would never consider dipping but something about the flavors/aftertastes works for me! I also love Oreos and milk obviously. Maybe I just like Oreos :)

MH on the other hand, mixes all his food together and I sometimes have trouble eating next to him. Yuck. Plus he's a condiment king! 
  • @shadesofgreen816 I like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies with OJ. No dipping. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Nothing too weird for me... I do love eggs with Worcestershire sauce..

I do have a phobia/ huge aversion to soggy bread. I can only eat freshly made sandwiches... If the bread is the slightest bit soggy it must be thrown away immediately! 
  • clebl24 said:
    I save pickle juice when the pickles are gone and take a swig every now and then. 
    @clebl24 literally LOL'd... thanks!  :p

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• h&pmomma said:
    Wow you ladies do have some strange food pairings! 

I'm quite the opposite, I like my foods to be separated and ate one at a time. Nothing on my plate should touch (especially no sauce leaking around!). I want to taste everything separately not mixed together! 
    @h&pmomma ive been teased my entire life about keeping everything separate on my plate!!!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @MamaMiller : I used to feel the same way. Then last year I found a recipe for the best panzanella salad ever... do you know what that is? A bread salad?... This one was full of tomatoes and briny things like olives and capers, and fresh chopped basil... and you let the toasted bread cubes soak up all that olive oil & tangy vinegar goodness... and it becomes a tiny bit mushy... but it's so delicious you get past the texture part of it, promise!   ;)
  • diann21 said:
    I like to crunch up ramen noodles in the bag, then open it up and sprinkle the powder in the bag and shake it. Spiced crunchy noodles.  :D
    I've done this as a kid many, many times @diann21

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I do love me some: Doritos with lemon juice and tapatio!

oh and @RissaAnnmaria562 I used to eat hot cheetos with sour cream too... college daze (yes I meant to spell it that way, lol)!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• SKZW said:
    @MamaMiller : I used to feel the same way. Then last year I found a recipe for the best panzanella salad ever... do you know what that is? A bread salad?... This one was full of tomatoes and briny things like olives and capers, and fresh chopped basil... and you let the toasted bread cubes soak up all that olive oil & tangy vinegar goodness... and it becomes a tiny bit mushy... but it's so delicious you get past the texture part of it, promise!   ;)
    As long as the bread is crunchy I am good- I typically toast my bread when making a sandwich. I do love bruschetta so if I is similar to that I would devour it!
  • Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited October 2016
    @mrsrep123, I do the same thing with juice from banana peppers.
  • @SKZW, your panzanella description is making my mouth water.
  • Luckyu317 said:
    @SKZW, your panzanella description is making my mouth water.
    Ditto. Recipe?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @MamaMiller YES!  I hate soggy bread. I really only like sandwiches on naturally tougher bread (like baguettes) or toasted bread because I get totally grossed out by the soggyness.
  • @MamaMiller
    It definitely is in the same realm as bruschetta (flavor profile) but the toasted bread does get a little soft, just for full disclosure   ;)
    @Luckyu317 @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot
    It's such a great summer salad with the toms and cukes and red onion, so yummy! And I forgot the best part, warmed up stove-top garlic oil tossed with the toasted bread first, then mixed up with all the veg. Here: https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/toasted-panzanella Tell me if you ever try it!

• @SKZW Thanks! I pinned it. I'll have to try it. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor