Babies on the Brain

Intro! Slowly working through the pre-TTC checklist...

Hello all! Just joined the board about a month ago and have been lurking around.. Wanted to finally introduce myself. Together with DH for 5 1/2 years, married this past May. He's from France and we met when I studied abroad during college - can't wait for those future bilingual babies! We have a hound/shepherd rescue dog named Napoleon who I adore. 

The other night we sat down and made a list of things we wanted to accomplish before TTC. The wait is killing me.. So far we have financial goals (just opened a 529 plan today, yay! check one off the list), house goals (hello upstairs 1980s bathroom), and some fun couple things (trips, experiences, etc.). Anyone else's pre-TTC checklist goals seem super long/unattainable at times? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro! Slowly working through the pre-TTC checklist...

• Welcome!

We have checked off nearly all of our pre-TTC checklist to include:
    --Eliminate student debt
    --Save up 7 months expenses in an e-fund
    --Travel to Europe and the East Coast

The only one left is to get to my final semester of grad school, which begins in January. We started our pre-TTC check list about 2 years ago. Most of it flew by fast, but the last 4 months are dragging. We will start TTC in January/February 2017.

Good luck with your list!
  • @bmo88 Wow congratulations! Emergency fund is definitely on our list also..slowly building. The next 4 months will fly by with Thanksgiving and other holidays around the corner :) Can't wait to follow your journey!

Where did you guys travel to in Europe? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @secicc12: I am hoping the next 4 months fly by.

We went to Europe for 19 days during December/January. We went to London & Brighton (UK), Paris, Zurich, Tirano (Italy), Venice, Rome and Barcelona. It was exhausting, but an amazing trip.
  • secicc12 said:
    Hello all! Just joined the board about a month ago and have been lurking around.. Wanted to finally introduce myself. Together with DH for 5 1/2 years, married this past May. He's from France and we met when I studied abroad during college - can't wait for those future bilingual babies! We have a hound/shepherd rescue dog named Napoleon who I adore. 

The other night we sat down and made a list of things we wanted to accomplish before TTC. The wait is killing me.. So far we have financial goals (just opened a 529 plan today, yay! check one off the list), house goals (hello upstairs 1980s bathroom), and some fun couple things (trips, experiences, etc.). Anyone else's pre-TTC checklist goals seem super long/unattainable at times? 

@secicc12

Welcome!

DH and I didn't really have any checklist prior to TTC but right now we're waiting to see what's going on with my body and then we will go from there. Good luck with getting things checked off. I'm rooting for you and your DH.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi everyone :-)

So glad I found this post, I think a list would really help me. My husband and I have delayed TTC because of two main factors- my weight and my debt management programme (non negotiable). However I think a list of things to achieve sounds much more positive and change my mindset a little. So thank you! :-)
  • @AmieC

A list is helpful because you can see what you've crossed off. As for your weight, there's a weekly Weight In / Fitness thread in the TTC board
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• First post in this board for me, but the only thing on our list is just waiting for DS to be a year and a half, he's currently 9 months. I know I'm crazy (especially since did still doesn't sttn) but I'm ready for #2!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18