April 2017 Moms

DR appointments week of 10/17

2»

Re: DR appointments week of 10/17

• @dam0ne4 Please keep us posted how the test goes! Thinking of you. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • smallanimalsmallanimal member
    edited October 2016
    @Mmax I am in the UK and cervical measurement is not routine here, unless you already lost a baby to incompetent cervix, which is ridiculous.  So I am having mine measured privately next Friday.  

As for appointments:
    ... please wish me luck.  I am going in today to get the heart rate checked plus collect my blood test results (my consultant needs them, but the hospital where they took the blood was different)

I have been completely symptomless and smaller bump/smaller boobs for a week now (15w today), so going in just to check my baby's HB with a midwife.  There should be no real reason to worry, but I read that going off symptoms can be a sign of mmc, so of course I worry.. so please, wish me luck :smile:

Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @dam0ne4  Let us know how the test goes!  And I know it is scary news but think about it.. 1:120 , whist massively higher than 1:10k, is still just one in a hundred and twenty.  That is still small.  I would be really scared too so I completely understand you... but try to think logically.. it's about picking out 120 women with the same results as you, putting them all in a room and picking just one at completely random.  119 women will walk away without any issues - think about it.  your chances of being in that 119 is high!  Please keep us updated. 

And the risk is never zero.. I got a low risk.. but if I end up being affected, god forbid... it will not make me feel better knowing that it was only one in 5 thousand chance.  

also, at any given time of pregnancy, we all are at a 1% risk of something going wrong.  But then again - if you live in a big city, you have about 1:25 chance of sometime at one point being hit by a car or having a car accident, of which 1:150 chance that it will be fatal.  Sorry for the doom and gloom, but my point is:  you never know what life brings.  Good luck!!!!!!
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
  • Thanks @smallanimal - you sound a lot like my husband.  He is all about the stats.  I'm trying to heed the logic - easier said than done sometimes!

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @dam0ne4  Yes I know :(  
    Let us know how the test goes please!