Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2nd Term Loss

Hello All, 

I was in the Feb 2017 birth club. Went in last Thursday at 22W,2D for a routine ultrasound to find out my baby's heart stopped beating.  We have to wait until Wednesday for a procedure. This is our first baby and we can't go through the trauma of LD. 

We've been through hell this pregnancy: In August we had an abnormal nipt scan (triploidy risk) then we had a normal CVS test. 3 weeks ago we had a beautiful anatomy scan. Then on our follow up u/s last Thursday the baby had passed on.

The doctor was concerned with my placenta because part of it was normal but a section was abnormal with cystic like cells.  The baby was growing beautifully so they were just going to monitor me closely. 

For all the angel Moms: How long did you take from work to heal?  How long were you advised to wait to TTC?  

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
Rainbow Due 02/20/18

Re: 2nd Term Loss

• Options
    I m/c between week 6 and 7. I ended up taking one day off work (due to timing, I would say I was in severe pain for 3 days - but two were weekend days). we were told we could TTC again right away though I think they would have preferred we wait one month. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Hi. I was also in February 17. 

From work, I didn't take much. I took 2 days (but it was a Thursday and Friday and if Saturday wasn't a weekend I probably would have taken that off too) after getting the results from the NT test, a half day one random afternoon that was particularly hard for me, and then 4 days (plus the weekend) once the miscarriage happened for the d&e and recovery. So that's over the course of 8 weeks. But I'm the type of person who likes to be busy and getting back to normal was helpful for me. Some people it's good to get back quickly. Others need more time. Try and find the balance that works for you. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I went the l&d route and took 3 weeks off from work. I would have taken more if I could have. I went back on a Friday just to get the first day over with.

We were told to wait at least 3 cycles for my body to return to normal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    I think the time everything takes is really personal and you should take whatever time you think you need. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby ❤️ As for trying again, my doc is in the one cycle camp. Give yourself time to grieve, your cycle to return and your numbers to drop and then you should be fine to try again if you're ready to. 
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis