November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointment Thread: 10.17 - 10.23

So what's happening this week for all you ladies with babies on the inside?
Married: 08.05.11
Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16

Re: Weekly Appointment Thread: 10.17 - 10.23

• Options
    Wednesday is the official 36 week visit which means I get to say hi to the little guy via ultrasound! I've been waiting for this one for a while as I'm so curious as to how he's doing and DD and DH are coming along to get a view, which hasn't happened since 20 weeks.

Oh, and they'll weigh me. Hooray.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    I'm scheduled for an ultrasound with an appointment with the OB immediately after on Tuesday to check babyfish's growth. I've been a nervous wreck all week and I'm just praying baby is doing OK. I've been feeling lots of movement (especially today) but it's been really really tough not to overanalyze this week. Either Tuesday needs to hurry up or babyfish needs to evacuate because I'm just done! Lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Routine 34 week appt tomorrow. Hopingy ob will tell me if she thinks baby is head down. Weird to think that this is my last appt before they start doing cervixal checks in 2 weeks. Eek can't believe how soon LO will be here. 
  • Options
    I have my 36 week appointment on Friday. He's going to do an ultrasound to measure his size and see if he's still sunny side up. I'm excited to see the humungous little guy soon! It's really starting to get real now!
  • Options
    Have an NST today hoping my contractions show up while I'm there since I've had them on and off since Wednesday! 
  • Options
    I have an apt on Friday when I'll be 35 + 4. nothing special planned unless they decide to give me another NST like they did last time spur of the moment. I need to get another titer done for my antibodies but probably wont do that until next Monday.
  • Options
    36+3 today and just got done at my appointment. Weight, blood pressure, fundal height, heartbeat, and cervical check. Doctor started saying "your closed but soft" and then said "actually, I don't want to scare you..." and proceeded to say she had been reaching too far back and I am actually 2-3cm dilated and at least 70% thinned. So that was interesting! Now I'm super crampy from the check. 
  • Options
    I'm 36+4 and had my appointment today. Only checked baby's hb. I havent had any checks or anything. Is that normal? I did have to go in last Wednesday to be monitored but they said it was just bh and sent me home. 
  • Options
    eribeau said:
    I'm 36+4 and had my appointment today. Only checked baby's hb. I havent had any checks or anything. Is that normal? I did have to go in last Wednesday to be monitored but they said it was just bh and sent me home. 
    Yes, it's normal.  Each doctor is different, but lots don't bother with checks.  No matter how dilated/effaced you are, it doesn't really impact when you will go into labor.  So it doesn't matter.  With my last 2 pregnancies I was never checked (until in labor).  I'm with a different doctor this time, so I have no idea if I'll be checked or not.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    has anyone else had to have multiple growth scans? Last Monday I was 33+2 and baby weight was on target maybe a week ahead, but her head is measuring at 38 weeks. Going in again on the first to see if still that far ahead. Does anyone know if still measuring so big that it means induction or possible C-Section?
  • Options
    We've had two, and one more today. It was due to me measuring small, but baby is measuring average. Head was also measuring ahead by a couple weeks, but they said things are still in a normal range and that they dont anticipate issues for a vaginal delivery. We'll see what they say today! 
  • Options
    Had my first once-a-week appointment today! Been having contractions lately and having a hard time working so I was excited to see how things were going... Doctor said I'll probably be dilated quite a bit for how far along I am (35+6) since the contractions and since it's my second child.. Nope! She quickly stopped herself when she felt I'm still fully closed. Hopefully something has happened by next week so I can start looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!! Babies are hard to make! Lol 
  • Options
    Saw high risk dr yesterday for the last time. Regular ob today. I'm not dilated at all and they would like to deliver between 38 and 39 weeks so if I don't dilate by next Monday I will be scheduled for a c section. I have another nst Friday and then another on Monday. All of these appointments are about to drive me crazy. 
  • Options
    Had an appointment with the ultrasound tech this morning to see how big baby is. She is currently measuring 8.5 lbs, in the 97th percentile, and about 2 weeks ahead. I meet with the doctor tomorrow morning to discuss it and see if I can still attempt to VBAC, sounds like probably not. The tech also said fluid levels are high, but still within normal range and asked if I had GD (I don't). I'm having a lot of anxiety now, just wondering why she is so big, why the high fluid levels ... does this mean something is off? Obviously the tech couldn't tell me much since she's not my doctor and of course I got on Google, which was a bad idea :/
  • Options
    @mrsmoose5 My fluid has also been measuring high for the past 10 weeks or so (over normal range), and they have no explanation. i get checked every week to see what it's at now and it's scary since there is no reason. My baby measured in the 57th percentile last checked. Hopefully everything is fine for you, ultrasound measurements are never 100% accurate.
  • Options
    Had another uneventful appointment. Everything is looking good. As always best bit was hearing baby's heartbeat.
    Now I have weekly appointments! Due date is only 3.5 weeks away!
  • Options
    @mrsmoose5 googling pregnancy symptoms is the worst! I banned myself during my first pregnancy because it's always worst case scenarios and causes unnecessary worrying.
    I was under the impression that determining weight by ultrasounds can be off a pound or two in either direction. That's my doctor's belief/theory anyways. 
  • Options
    Had my 36 week check up yesterday. The midwife totally blew off my concerns about DS's size... and also let a student midwife do most of the exam. When DD was born she was only 7lb5oz  and had shoulder dystocia because my pelvis is narrow... DS was measured at 7lb1oz at 34 weeks. I expressed concern yesterday about his size and him getting stuck as well, because it's more common with male babies, large babies and if you've already had it. She pretty much told me that unless he was over 10lbs, they won't do anything (induce early or csection) and will break his collar bone to free him if he has shoulder dystocia. When trying to listen to his heartbeat on the doppler, the student MW found a wooshing sound and said it was the heartbeat, which was actually the placenta, his heartbeat sounds like a freight train, but she wouldnt search for the heartbeat. Good thing I can feel him moving. She also wasnt sure if he was breech or head down, which I've been thinking hes breech afain because all the movements are down low now, not above my belly button. I left the appt pretty frustrated and scheduled next week's appt with an OB instead of a midwife (mixed practice)... Especially where I'm high risk and also had hemmoraging with DD... Maybe it's just me, but if they're already predicting he wont fit without needing to be "broken", maybe we should be looking at other options.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    @mrsmoose5 My fluid has also been measuring high for the past 10 weeks or so (over normal range), and they have no explanation. i get checked every week to see what it's at now and it's scary since there is no reason. My baby measured in the 57th percentile last checked. Hopefully everything is fine for you, ultrasound measurements are never 100% accurate.
    @br0wneyeso1 how is LOs stomach bubble? That can be a good indicator of a few things with your fluids being high. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    @mamabear1323 I would be pissed if they said they would break his bones as opposed to do a c-section. Break me not him! I can take it. Hopefully the OB at your next apt listens to you!
  • Options
    Ok had my 2nd appt of the week this morning. Dr said baby and fluid look good, just big, and that we can probably just thank genetics for that because DH and his siblings were all 9-10 lb babies. However, she said it puts my success rate for a vbac at less than 30% ... so sadly we decided that isn't the best option and scheduled a c-section for Nov. 1. I'm disappointed at not being able to try for a vbac, but relieved that everything looks to be healthy with baby and excited that we have a date!
  • Options
    Had my 37 week check up today, Doc said I was 1 cm. Had an ultrasound done to check fluid and baby, we had concerns because either said the baby was not as active this week. Everything was fine and baby is welcome to come any time. I do not mind waiting,but am anxious!!
  • Options
    @rspalding001 they say it's a "routine" procedure.  But how in the world is it ok if you know there will likely be complications!? I'd rather be induced at 38 weeks to try a vaginal birth before he's "too big", than wait til he comes on his home and risk him needing to have his collar bone broken! Or schedule a csection because at least then he wont be in pain. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    I had my 36 week appointments on Monday.  Sono for bio-physical - all good - last sono last week he was measuring 5 pounds 15 ounces.  Then prenatal with Dr. - informed I will be induced at week 39 due to being high risk and my difficult medical profile.  Then NST - was sent to hospital following a dramatic drop in heart rate for longer monitoring - everything at hospital looked great!  So, back home to wait and see if anything happens before induction day!
  • Options
    I have had growth sonos throughout - I have been ahead, behind, and right on track...I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a trend that his measurements are ahead!!!
  • Options
    @mamabear1323 yeah I asked a co-worker about it and she said she had actually heard it was a common practice too to break the collar bone in these types of situations. I'm totally shocked, I would assume it would not be the preferred course of action, but maybe the trama to the baby is not as great as Im thinking it would be. I guess their bones are not as solid as an adults so maybe its not as painful for them as I imagine it would be? IDK. Maybe the OB can give you more specific answers to these types of things when you see her next? 
  • Options
    @rspalding001 I've heard of this as being pretty common too and that it's not something that bothers them and you just have to be careful for a few weeks until it heals up properly. Obviously it's not ideal but I'm guessing doctors/midwives wouldn't let it happen if it was a huge issue or caused the babies a lot of pain.
  • Options
    Yesterday I had my neurology appointment and everything is great. Thankfully my Dr is not upping my medication because I am doing very well on the lower dose. My 34 week OB appointment is today!!!! I have nothing exciting to report to her, I am just looking forward to my 36 week appointment as I will be getting an U/S yey! I get to see baby again and hopefully get good news on position and weight. From there I believe it will be weekly visits. It seemed so far away and I can't believe we are all almost there. Anything I get scheduled in November I just think of baby and I can't wait to meet him.

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rspalding001 I know, DH was appalled when he heard that... When DD was born she had a surgery that required an incision between two of her ribs and into her chest cavity. So I'm really hoping to avoid bringing home another broken baby. I was always so scared that I was hurting her. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    Whelp, just left the doctor and baby is measuring in the 90th percentile and is estimated at 8lbs 1oz right now which would put him at about 9lbs at birth. Doc said the ultrasound can be off by plus or minus 1 full pound but that it's typically over and baby will weigh less. Either way we're looking at at least an 8lb baby on due day. And, because he's measuring so big I get to redo my GD test! Yipeeee....
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 how far along are you now? Some people just have big babies! My friend had 3 babies all over 9lbs and never had it. My 2nd kid was over 9 and I didn't have it with her but this time I do. I'm 35 weeks and he is measuring 6lbs. So.. I could be on tracker for a big guy too. If you're 37 or over I don't really see a point in even redoing that test haha what can you change now??
  • Options
    @leighry I'm 36w5d so basically 37 weeks. I have no idea what difference the GD diagnosis makes now seeing as it's too late to change my diet in the hopes it'll keep him smaller! I was almost 8lbs and my husband was 10lbs so honestly, I think he's just genetically destined to be big. 
  • Options
    @MrsMaryK2016 I'm in the same boat. As of Tuesday's U/S this little girl is 8lbs 8oz and in the 97th percentile, which means by the time she's here she will most likely be 10ish pounds. Sorry you have to redo your GD test, that stinks  :/ 
  • Options
    My first two (boys) were 8 lbs, 2 oz and 8 lbs, 5 oz. So I'm expecting another of this size. Is this considered large? In my mind, large was 9+, but everyone I talk to (minus one person), thinks that is a big baby. 

The ironic thing is is that both of them turned out to be so skinny and on the short side (probably genetics from dad, definitely not from me)...I have a hard time finding pants that will stay up without a belt!!
  • Options
    @ashleymercado88 I'm with you on this one, 8lbs is not a huge baby!
  • Options
    No, a large baby is considered over 9.5lbs, or larger than the 90% for gestation. So, my LO is measuring in the 94%. He was 7lb1oz at 34 weeks and they diagnosed him with macrosomia due to his large size for that gestation.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    @ashleymercado88 I'm with you on this one, 8lbs is not a huge baby!
    Although it feels that way during delivery, right??? haha