Adoption

October- "I was adopted/in foster care" and "I'm a birth mom!"

edited October 2016 in Adoption

“I’m was adopted/in foster care!” and “I’m a birth mom!”

Were you adopted or were you in foster care? Did you place a child for adoption? If so, please tell us more about you and your experiences. 

-Were you adopted, in foster care or a birth parent?

-At what age were you adopted/fostered/placed the child for adoption?

-Do you have contact with your birth family/adopted child?

-What kind of contact?

-How did you handle knowing you were placed/placing a child?

-Any tips from your experience?

-What was your experience, overall?

-Anything else to add?

TTC #1 since September 2014
Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
Check out my Infertility blog 
Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
TTC History (TW):
3 losses in 2015
Met with OBGYN in January 2016
Me: all clear, H: OAT
November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
Next Up:
TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
ER#2 ~Jan 2019

Re: October- &quot;I was adopted/in foster care&quot; and &quot;I'm a birth mom!&quot;

• -Were you adopted, in foster care or a birth parent? I was in foster care before being adopted

-At what age were you adopted/fostered/placed the child for adoption? I was placed into foster care at 18 months while the courts tried to help my biological mother and at the age of 4 my biological mother lost all chances at getting me back and her parental rights were taken away. I was adopted just before my 7th birthday.

-Do you have contact with your birth family/adopted child?
    I did have contact with my biological mother until I was 18 and then after a few years I told her it was me or the alcohol (long story) and I haven't heard from her sense.

I have 7 other siblings that are biologically related to me but no contact has been attempted.

I started contacting my biological father a couple years ago but I have been debating whether or not to continue any sort of contact with him because he is in prison and I don't know what / if anything I would gain by continuing contact with him.

About 2 years ago, I did contact my biological grandparents on my biological dad's side which lead to me meeting a few other family members too. I don't talk to them as often as I would like.

-What kind of contact? Biological mom = was phone calls and a couple face to face visits / Biological dad = letters (he wants a visit) / Other family = phone calls

-How did you handle knowing you were placed/placing a child? I had good times and bad times.

-Any tips from your experience? Lots but the biggest is be patient with a foster / adopted child and be prepared for a (what may seem like it will never end) roller coaster of emotions from the child. Also, the older the child (when adopted or fostered) the longer it will take for them to bond with you.

-What was your experience, overall? I would say very positive. I was definitely blessed with being adopted.

-Anything else to add? Not unless anyone has any questions.

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @SaphireSweetie88  Were you in multiple foster homes or were you able to stay with the same family until being adopted?
  • Loading the player...
  • @britters314 - I was put into several "potential family homes" but each time they decided not to adopt me (for various reasons) I was given back to the same foster family. They wanted to adopt me but knew it was too risky because they knew that they'd be in their 80s when I was 16. I am still very close to them and I refer to them as grandma and grandpa. They were at my wedding as well.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker