Pregnant after IF

***3rd tri checkin - 10/17***

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited October 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: what are your plans for the holiday season ? the holidays are sneaking up on us ! 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy
@Griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with a little boy
@ultratomato EDD 12/29/16 with twin girls 
@Drove2u EDD 1/4/17 with a little girl

Congrats to @jerseygirl856 ! She had her lil girl last week !!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: ***3rd tri checkin - 10/17***

• Hi ladies ! Happy Monday ! I hope everyone is doing well . 

I am 35 weeks . I have an appointment with my midwife  on Thursday to monitor my blood pressure . I went in last week and was worried about the pitting edema in my legs and feet . My blood pressure in the doc office was high because I was anxious and my doc got worried . I took my blood pressure at home and have been monitoring it myself and it's been normal when I take it myself so I'm thinking I'm probably ok . But of course the doc and midwife wanna monitor me for preeclampsia . 

I finished my child birth education classes this weekend so am now feeling a little more ready for my sweet boy to get here . I'm also just organizing and putting finishing touches on my nursery . 

QOTW: no special plans since baby will be so new we will be staying in town . I'm hoping baby is here right before thanksgiving but he's welcome to take all the time he needs to be healthy . My parents and DH's parents both live in town so we will spend thanksgiving and xmas together . I'm excited about dressing my lil boy up as Santa for xmas :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Hello ladies!
    Keep us posted about your appointment @mskeenan. Is there anything you could do to keep it under control?

Im a little over 36 weeks and have a CTG scan every other day since my 36 mark. 
    My LO is doing ok, besides being a bit small, but I don't feel her move. As she has little space left in my tiny belly and is laying with her back towards my belly her moves go unnoticed. To be on the safe side they monitor me every other day (or more if I'm worried) 
    They also noticed I have Braxton Hicks, which I have since August. But they are a little to regular and are increasing in strength so they checked my cervix and it appears I'm dilated 1cm.
    I have to pay good attention to my contractions and hopefully LO will stay put at least til week 37!

I got the key to my house today, so I finally can get my nursery ready and get my nesting urge out. My insurance sent me a box with all the stuff I need for my home delivery. I met with the Maternity nurse (or one of them, not sure who the send) to discuss maternity care at home after delivery. It's a Dutch thing where they come to your house for 49 hours spread over 8 to 10 days. They'll teach me to take care of my baby. They do some light housework and make sure I rest and am ready to go on my own being a mum. :smile:

QOTW: My sister joked that as I live close by it is now my turn to organise Xmas ;) 
    But yes, that's not going to happen. 
    We'll spend one day at my mums and one day at my dads. 
    We also celebrate Sinterklaas on the 5th Dec, well the part that we are still allowed to celebrate as it turns out our celebration of spreading joy to children has offended people. 
    No thanksgiving here, although I wouldn't mind having that celebration as it has been a lovely celebration a few years back when I was in the USA.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Hi!  I'm just waiting on my glucose test results from the one hour test. I had it Friday. We're doing our maternity tour tomorrow and we haven't decided if we wanted to do childbirth classes yet. 29 weeks here. Haven't started the nursery yet either. 
    For thanksgiving I'll either be going to my parents or my sister in laws parents and then one of my bffs is visiting from Victoria so planning a party at our mountain house for that weekend. 
  • Hi ladies! 33 weeks this week. Just came back from OB appt & all is well. Received my Rx to obtain my breast pump from my insurance. I'm sure my baby shower has to be coming up soon. DH and I can't wait because we want to get this nursery done! His custom letters came in today from Etsy & I couldn't love them more! 

@tvh1982 oh my goodness! Sounds like she'll be here before we know it!

QOTW: Thanksgiving will take place at my SIL's. Since our son will be here before Christmas, I may offer to host Christmas Eve and have everyone bring a dish so we won't have to travel. We'll go to my mom's for Xmas day, but that's only around the corner.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @tvh1982 congrats on the new home ! Let the nesting begin !! That is so cool that you will have maternity after delivery care ! That sounds amazing . 

@drove2u hope you get your results quickly ! My glucose results took forever to come back and it drove me nuts 

@capps42613 omg those letters are adorable . I love etsy , especially for baby stuff . I've gone a little out of control ordering stuff on etsy so gotta slow my spending down , haha . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Good morning! Just realized that I never checked in last week, whoops! Things have been a bit hectic over here recently. I'm currently 32 weeks and feeling pretty large. DH and I have been traveling on the weekends a lot which has taken a toll on me both physically and emotionally. Looking forward to a weekend home this weekend and then next weekend is the baby shower which we are traveling for. The good news is that all of our nursery furniture is in and built!!! We just have to finalize a layout that we both like which is tough since the room is pretty small.

QOTW: Thanksgiving will be at my parents house and they only live 10 minutes away so we can handle that, as long as baby boy doesn't arrive early! We celebrate Hanukkah which ironically this year falls on Christmas Eve so baby boy will be a few weeks old by then, again, we will go to my parents house.
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Hi Ladies! Nothing huge on my end. Had my last monthly check up yesterday. I'm now on to every 2 weeks which is kind of crazy to be there already. Everything looks good. In the last week, I have started to feel him move all of the time where before I just felt him certain times of the day. I had my 1 hour glucose yesterday so hopefully those results will be good. 

@capps42613 - those letters are adorable! I love etsy. We just ordered a coming home outfit from there with his name on it. 
    @tvh1982 - congrats on getting the keys! So exciting for you. 
    @drove2u - hope all is well with the glucose test. I should hopefully know my results before Thursday

QOTW: The holidays are already stressing me out!!! My in-laws have come out the last 2 years for Thanksgiving but b/c our house is supposed to be closing the last week of Nov or 1st week of Dec, we told them we literally have no space and the kitchen is going to be pretty much completely packed. They are still coming though.. just not going to stay with us. DH and I were kind of hoping for a quiet weekend where we could maybe get away for a night by ourselves but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. For Christmas, baby is due on the 28th so both sides are planning on coming out b/c our new house will be big enough for everyone. I'm hoping this little guy likes to be early like his mama b/c a big part of me wants to be able to have at least a little time of bonding with him before everyone comes and takes over. I'm just praying I don't lose my mind trying to pack up an apartment, move right at Thanksgiving without that stress causing me to go into early labor, juggle everyone planning on coming. I've given up hope that nursery will be complete before he gets here. lol. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • He is absolutely handsome! But what a story, I agree, you've done enough for two!
    Enjoy your little guy. You did well there!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• ok ladies... I have a question... I haven't had any spotting throughout the entire pregnancy.. I'm 30 weeks tomorrow... Today the last 2 times I've gone to the bathroom, I've had some redish brown discharge. I'm not really having cramping or anything like that but this is really not normal for me so I'm kind of worried. Should I call my ob?
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Piperella Happy to hear from you! Clint is adorable. Sorry to hear you're not producing much, but at least he is getting some! I started following you on IG. I love dogs, cats, & Disney world too lol

@Griffin5413 sorry, I have no experience there. I would call my OB if it were me bc I'm clueless. 

Just out of curiosity... Anyone here start lactating yet? I have not, but a co-worker who is 6 weeks behind me & who is a FTM has. I know it all happens at different times for everyone, but I was jw.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @piperella congrats ! Wow you have quite the birth story . That sounds so hard but you are a badass for going through that . Your lil man is adorable . I'll follow you on IG - im madsmartini . Can't wait to see more pics of your lil dude ! 

@griffin5413 I would at least call for peace of mind . I've heard some spotting can happen - especially if you had sex recently . But better to have some reassurance especially if this isn't the norm for you . I'm a worrier so I always call - can't hurt ! 

@capps42613 I did see some residue on my nipples last week that looked like colostrum . I could have been imagining it but I know it's possible . Ever since tho I've had nothing . Just nipples changing colors . Lol . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• I would call @griffin5413. I don't have my papers with me right now, but if I'm not mistaken mine say to call with spotting until a certain week. Closer to your due date it will be more common to have spotting. I just can't remember from which week. 
    I have had spotting this week, but my cervix got examined, so it didn't worry me.

No colostrum for me @capps42613. At breastfeeding class they said it was possible, and that we actually already could milk us a little. But nothing here, and those things are way to sensitive to even try to find out if it already has started :)

• thanks ladies. I called yesterday and she said if it continued to go in and get checked. I went home and rested all evening and there was nothing else. I'm just going to take it easy and be extra careful today. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @griffin5413 sounds like a good plan ! Hopefully there is no more spotting ! Take it easy ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Is anyone else experiencing weird pelvic pain ? I don't know what the heck happened but my pubic area feels like it's getting shocked and like there is a ton of pressure . Wondering if my babe's head is just dropping down . Can't wait to see the doc tomorrow . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Hey ladies I'm 28 weeks today can I be added to the list please! Also I was told yesterday by my OB I won't go past 38 weeks which is exciting and scary so that I would put me now at December 29
  • Yay welcome to third trimester ! @ultratomato that is super exciting . So I'll put your due date as 12/29 ? It'll be here before you know it :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan I hear you on the pressure down below! Sorry I can't relate to your other symptoms. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @mskeenan - hope your appointment today goes well and the pain is just the baby starting to get ready to come meet you. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to your third trimester @ultratomato!

I have had some pelvic pain when my little one 'dropped' @mskeenan. It's a pain now everytime they check as the press right there to locate her head.
    The pain has ebbed away, but the pressure is still there.

• Thank you @tvh1982 @griffin5413 and @capps42613 . I saw my midwife today and she just said that baby has dropped and his head is bumping my cervix which is causing the weird shock like sensation . I'm glad to hear he's head down. The midwife had trouble finding his heart beat at first which almost gave me a heart attack but all is well . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Finally finished my nursery today ! I am so excited to meet my little boy !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• **BFP and loss warning**

• Adorable @mskeenan!

• Ladies I have a question so I'm not sure if this is because I'm having twins but in a week my dr will be setting up weekly appointments for me to have a stress test done at the hospital I will be delivering anyone familiar with that. Also my OB appointments willl be weekly and I'm not sure about my high risk dr appointments increasing because I go tomorrow.
  • @mskeenan I love love love it!!! So adorable. 
  • Thank you @tvh1982 and @Drove2u ! Feels good to have something crossed off my to do list 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan it's perfect! I love that you made blue sky & gray-cloudy Sky! Now all you need is baby  :)

@ultratomato I think it's a twin thing. A friend of mine was going in weekly for stress testing. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thanks @capps42613 !! 

@ultratomato yeah I didn't start going weekly until week 35 .. And even that was a little bit early to go weekly bc they were monitoring my blood pressure . I would assume it is a twin thing as well ! Especially since they won't let you go as long with twins 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Sounds like a twin thing @ultratomato...

• mskeenan  - what a cute nursery! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • CCongratulations @Piperella ! I've been lurking looking for your birth aannouncement, I was starting to worry! Enjoy your little one and aall the sleep deprivation that goes with it