May 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change - 10/18

For those due on 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change - 10/18

• How far along are you? 
    12 weeks!!!!

How big is baby? 
    A plum

Appointments this week? 
    Tomorrow EEKK!

Symptoms?
    Felt kind of faint this morning but once I had a banana and some water felt much much better

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Been checking on baby with Doppler (probably ALOT more than I should). How often, if you do, do you use your Doppler?

I think since I have RBF people always think I'm mean or mad. I'm just quiet but really nice :)
  • how far along? 
    12 weeks!!!

how big is baby?
    the size of a plum

appts?
    none for a couple more weeks!!

symptoms...
    nausea, headaches, and fatigue 

rants/raves/questions?
    question: anyone have a successful VBAC? 

something people misunderstand about you?
    This is mainly just my co workers, but I am a very nice person so when I loose my patience or get a little mad its so shocking to them.... um hello Im human!!!! Its like they didn't think I was capable of getting mad haha!!!

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Loading the player...
  • MrsFox2008MrsFox2008 member
    edited October 2016
    @ HLD3194 We're due date buddies!!!  :)

• @MrsFox2008 YAY! I have a feeling I'll have this baby in April thou...I have a friend how is currently going to do VBAC - I think there's some criteria you have to meet and I know some Dr.'s don't like doing them but now a days it seems more Dr.'s are trying them out, at least the younger ones it seems.
  • Hello everyone! 

How far along are you?- 9weeks

how big is baby?- cherry! 

Appointments?- had our first appointment last Friday! Peanut is doing well- heart rate of 180, which is much higher than either of my girls had!  Right now looks a bit like the pigeon from Mo Willems' books. 

Symptoms- feeling gross and foods aren't really  appealing to me at all. 

Rants/raves/questions-  I don't remember who brought up Halloween candy as the GTKY ? Last week, but thank you thank you thank you!!! I bought some fruit tootsie rolls, and they are AWESOME! Curb my nausea, and give a boost of sugar when I need it!  In my previous pregnancies I've used hard candies, but they really make me feel like I'm going to puke this time around. 

Something people misunderstand about you- 
    hm. That's a hard one. I think some people get really surprised when I stand up for myself about something.  Most of the time if something's really important to someone else, I kind of go with the flow, and it's rare that I have something that I refuse to compromise over. I actually once lost a friendship with someone that I thought was a really good friend because I realized when I stood up for myself about something (my dog) it was the first time in our 5 year friendship that I hadn't just let her have her way. And I realized that she wasn't able to let anything be about anyone but her.   
    Wow, that was long and personal!  Good thing y'all don't real life know me ;)
  • emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited October 2016
    How far along are you? 9 weeks :)

How big is baby? A prune

Appointments this week? Harmony blood draw (I am TERRIFIED that they will accidentally use it to determine gender and ruin my Team Green status!)

Symptoms? Fatigue seems to be waning a bit

Rant/Rave/Questions? This may sound like bragging, but I mean it as a CALL TO ACTION! Last week, I cut my hair from a-little-below-my-shoulders to a pixie. It's amazing and I love it!!!! I actually wish she had taken it a tad shorter on top, but it cut shower/styling time down to 1/4 probably. If you have been thinking about a chop, DO IT! It's so liberating. :) 

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? I think I can seem stand-offish and maybe a little stuck up, but I am PAINFULLY shy. My biggest fear is that I will reach out to someone and they will think I am a huge dork. : /
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks today! I can finally comment because I know my EDD - Wasn't sure until my first appointment

How big is baby?  a strawberry

Appointments this week? nope not until November

Symptoms? Just tired and bloated

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Rants - My friend is such a nice person but her fiance is a tool. I feel badly that she's blinded by love but they already broke up once because he's a jerk. I just want it to happen again so we can move on already.

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? People always think i'm stuck up because i'm shy - I'm just shy people! Talk to me first and I'll be your best friend

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hey ladies! Happy Tuesday! 

How far along are you? 11 weeks!

How big is baby? A donut hole! Fitting, since a coworker brought in donut holes this morning. :-) 

Appointments this week? Meeting my new OB on Thursday! She just came back from maternity leave this week, so I've been working only with the RN and my maternal fetal medical doctor up until now. 

Symptoms? Every time I think the nausea is gone, it smacks me upside the head. Like this morning while driving into work. I also just have very limited patience. I think it has to be pregnancy related, right? And I'm less tired during the day (yay!) but still so exhausted by like 9:00 pm. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Has anyone switched to maternity wear? My jeans are pushing it...I'm carrying around a pant extender in my pocket for days that the midday bloat gets the best of me. I tried on a few pairs of maternity pants, but they still feel too big. I feel like I just need some good fat pants...or just leggings all day, every day. 

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? Hmmm...that's a hard one...I think people generally assume that I am very "go with the flow" and passive (because I guess I am in my personal life), but in my professional life, I am a lot tougher because I spend most of my days negotiating with outside parties and managing a team of people.  
  • @kipperoo I just switched to maternity pants today at 12 weeks, but between weeks 9-11 I mostly wore dresses and leggings. Leggings are definitely my BF.
  • HLD3194 said:
    I think since I have RBF people always think I'm mean or mad. I'm just quiet but really nice :)
    Me too! I totally have been thinking about this a lot lately, especially with the crankiness and exhaustion... I caught myself passing by a mirror earlier and I was like, wow, you're such a bitch, and then was like, oh, right, that's just normal-me nowadays. LOL.
  • KipperooKipperoo member
    edited October 2016
    SKZW, omg, a similar thing happened to me over the weekend. A lady walked past me a gave me a nice little smile--she looked so friendly and refreshed! And I caught myself in a mirror like 2 seconds later and thought, oh...it was a pity smile! I look so fried and pissed off...
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a cherry or grape

Appointments this week? Not for a month. Had my intake and ultrasound on Friday. So happy to know baby is actually in there and doing well. I measured 3 days early, but they kept my due date as is so I will be sticking around here. 

Symptoms? So exhausted I could cry. It takes convincing to even peel myself off the couch to brush my teeth and go to bed in the evenings. Still dry heaving. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant: I have ITP which means I have low platelet levels. I have no symptoms so this doesn't really bother me. It is not caused by pregnancy, but got worse over my past pregnancy. Last time around I had to go to a hematologist as often as I had to go to the OB. These appointments were fruitless as there is nothing they can or will do. I got a phone call yesterday that they are referring me to the hematologist again this time and it just feels like a giant waste of time. It is infuriating to wait for an hour just so they can read me my levels, tell me they are low and that I will not qualify for an epidural, and then tell me to get tested again next month and come in. Now I will need childcare for each of these useless appointments. I will be giving more push back this time to space the appointments farther apart. Sorry that was a long rant. 

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? That is a hard one. I don't know. 

@Kipperoo haven't made the switch yet, but I am looking forward to hauling out the maternity pants. I may have to buy some new ones since the belly part might be a bit stretched out from last go around to wear this early. 

@emilyalso I go between bob cuts and long hair (usually donating), but have done a few pixie type cuts and they do feel so wonderful and style so quickly! Glad you are loving your new do! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Tuesday Tickers!!!

How far along are you? 11 
    weeks

How big is baby? A Brussel sprout or a lime. 

Appointments this week? I had a physical and ultrasound with the NP yesterday. It was so cool. Didn't have an ultrasound this early the last time and I was so excited to see the baby move all around since there's still so much space. She asked if we brought our flash drive (the OB's give one at the first appt) so she could record the ultrasound for us. Of course, I forgot all about it and asked if DH could record it. Not a problem! So she puts the probe on me and... the baby is asleep. Lol. We got to see and hear the heartbeat, see hands and feet! Then the baby starts moving! Flailing arms and legs, turns its back to us, then back to its original position and then "waves" at us!!! Ironic because our son did the same thing during his anatomy scan. He was asleep and the tech couldn't get him to move or anything. I had to get up and walk around for 15 minutes. Then she tried again and he totally waved to us like he was saying everything was ok. Now we have pics of both babies in the womb waving to us!!! :D
    Also did the NIPT (Harmony) blood draw!

Symptoms?  Like @Kipperoo said, just as I thought the nausea was subsiding, Bam!, it came back while I was driving home from work. And the headache returned. Ugh, I just posted last night that I felt like these symptoms were finally dissipating... guess I jinxed myself. :( Oh and the acne had me feeling like an insecure 13 year old again.  :s

Rant/Rave/Questions? Loving my side panel maternity jeans. I have the comfort but don't feel like I'm wearing maternity clothes. No shame here. I've accepted that this second time around, I'm already "showing" due to whatever reason(s) and comfort is top priority. I'm already of thinking of not wearing my scrub tops and just wearing a maternity shirt... hmmm.

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? That since I was a "party-girl", I wasn't "accomplished"! It kind of surprised me that when people found out I was an honor student and was going to a university, they were a bit surprised. And now at work, it's kind of the opposite. Because I am good at what I do, people are always surprised at what I'm into. It's like, if you're this way, you can't like that. Very strange!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @HLD3194 depending how this pregnancy goes my dr says I'm a great candidate for a VBAC as long as I don't have preeclampsia again! She does have a lot of requirements when it comes to the VBAC, but thrilled to know I just may get the chance! If I don't get to have the VBAC and she later recommends a CS my baby too will be an April baby! 

• @mrsrep123 a Brussels sprout or a lime? Wow that's a big size difference!  It makes me wonder how people come up with these  :D
  • How far along are you? 12 Weeks

How big is baby? Plum

Appointments this week? None this week  - next one is in 3.5 weeks

Symptoms? Nausea seems to have mostly dissipated although it still suddenly shows up from time to time. Appetite's been improving, especially for foods that aren't carbs or cheese! Overall feeling more energized. More bloating and digestion discomfort. Occasional RLP (I assume that's what it is).

Rant/Rave/Questions? At Friday's appointment and the previous one, my blood pressure has been elevated. Work has been really stressing me out among other factors (I'm anxious anyway). So now I'm trying not to stress about feeling stressed  :|  My OB seems like she's not terribly concerned about it, although she'll keep monitoring it closely. Here's hoping that a better diet and more activity going forward will help. I've also been wanting to try pregnancy yoga even aside from my BP - do you guys have any book/video/etc recommendations?

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? I'm one of those people, like other PP, who everyone assumes is just quiet or really shy. The truth is that I hate small talk and will avoid it almost completely if I can.
  • Squirtgun said:
    @mrsrep123 a Brussels sprout or a lime? Wow that's a big size difference!  It makes me wonder how people come up with these  :D
    I know @squirtgun. The bump app says a lime and the ovia app says a brussel sprout... I read about the baby in both apps and find it interesting too. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @blissfulberry
    hate small talk? so... how's the weather where you are? it was gray and drizzly here all day... but fine for October... don't you love the fall? ... and traffic stinks, as always, am I right? it just doesn't let up... and are we hating politics or what? what's your take on it all?... (just kidding! that's me just being an annoying jerk... because, well, pregnant and grouchy...)

In all seriousness: It's a really great idea to do prenatal yoga because the stretches help with flexibility and the poses help with building strength and endurance, which we'll need. If you haven't done yoga or prenatal yoga before, I suggest to definitely go the "video" route rather than book or magazine because it just makes more sense when you can see exactly how it's done, how to get into the pose, how to make adjustments, how to breathe through the holds. I suggest a Crunch video called Yoga Mama (the instructor's actually pregnant which is helpful) that I bought for pennies a few years ago but I just looked and it's only on Amazon through a third-party seller (but then again, it's like $6, so no harm no foul). But then that made me think of Amazon Prime (if you belong) and there's some yoga videos you can stream, one of which is a prenatal yoga, but I haven't tried and don't know if it's any good... if I try it, I'll try to remember to post back... I also just checked on Netflix Streaming and there's no yoga vids available, but on Netflix DVDs (if you belong) there's dozens of yoga DVDs, and about a half-dozen are specifically prenatal yoga DVDs. Renting would be a good way to try a variety of styles/instructors. Also check your local library. Often inter-library lending can find you more options than what's on the shelf in front of you. There's also YouTube, too, which often has snippets of various DVDs available to watch, so if you wanted to find an instructor you liked before shelling out any money, that'd be a quick way to do it. (**My own personal, non-medical advice about doing non-specifically-prenatal yoga DVDs while pregnant, from what I've heard, is just don't do any spinal twists or backbends and the poses should be fine to do. Again, I'm not an expert.**) One more route to consider, even better than doing a DVD: taking a live class. If you can find a yoga studio close to you, that offers a prenatal class, or series, that'd be an excellent way to go. I've had nothing but positive experiences. Often a walk-in rate is not more than $15 per class, and sometimes they'll give a first class for free, so you could try a few studios to find a good fit/vibe/style/comfort level for not much moola. What about the Y or JCC? Another place to find prenatal yoga classes, though more limited (sometimes just quarterly as opposed to all-year-round) is at a local hospital. I'm fortunate to live nearby a bunch of teaching hospitals and they seem to be more likely to have that kind of programming than podunk one-stoplight-town middle of cow-country hospitals. (Don't flame me, I say this with love, because I have family that lives in that town and deals with that hospital!) Some instructors are certified for prenatal-yoga so there may even be some database available to search for a qualified instructor, and then backward-search for where they work, scheduling, etc. Keep in mind there's a crap-load of apps and websites out there that maybe other people could comment on.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!!
  • MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited October 2016
    Hey ladies! 

I'm 9 weeks today and the size of a cherry. 

No appointment this week. Next appointment is Nov. 7th and then I'm going in for the 1st trimester screening test on Nov. 14. 

The exhaustion and feeling nausea has settled down a bit, but Im still feeling nausea here and there but it's definitely not as bad as the last two weeks. I'm also using the restroom at least 3 times in the middle of the night which is kind of annoying. Other than that, I'm doing okay....just anxiously waiting for my next appointment to make sure everything is still going okay.

No rants today

One thing people always assume or misunderstand about me being a twin is that they think my sister and I always agree on the same thing. I hate when people say the twins said this and that.....and I'm like no, I did not say anything. That shit actually irritates me. I guess this could have been a rant as well. 

I hope you all have a great week! 
  • I can't believe I forgot to do this yesterday.

How far along are you? I am 8w0d

How big is baby? Baby is the size of a raspberry

Appointments this week? no appointment again until 11/4

Symptoms? nauseous on and off, food aversions are at an all time high, and still wanting to sleep all the time

Rant/Rave/Questions? none come to mind for any of these. Maybe next week

GTKY: What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?  I think a lot of people underestimate how much I care. I have the worst case of RBF and therefore people see me as a heinous bitch I think. But I care so much about other people's feelings and wanting everyone else to be completely happy that I usually put their happiness before mine. In other words, I wish my outside facial expression really matched my inner me. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SKZW oh my goodness, thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I do have Prime so I'll check that out first and then look from there. Unfortunately, I do live in a tiny town but I work in a city about 20 minutes away that likely offers some sort of prenatal class. That reminds me to look into (kind of) local classes as well!

And the weather's been hot for October in TN! Thanks for asking  ;)