April 2016 Moms

No Cry Sleep Solution

just found this link on the internet: 

https://www.familias-madeira.com/Elizabeth.Pantley.The.No.Cry.Sleep.Solution-1.pdf

Im waiting a couple more days for jet lag to pass and then I'll follow the ten day plan religiously. 

Has anyone read this book? Thoughts? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: No Cry Sleep Solution

• @redselig  Very interested to hear how this works for you! I've never heard of this, but I'm definitely going to try to read it asap. 
  • 273 pages?!?!? who has time for that??

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I read it, but it didn't work for my first. We ended up going with The Sleep Whisperer with DD1, and used it with the others as well. That said, I know that it works well for others...just not my crazy firstborn.
  • 273 pages?!?!? who has time for that??
    Not me, I've only skimmed and scanned and went straight to the action plan. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I read it, but it didn't work for my first. We ended up going with The Sleep Whisperer with DD1, and used it with the others as well. That said, I know that it works well for others...just not my crazy firstborn.
    Same here. Tried it with DD1 but she's a wild one and nothing really worked for her
  • So I've been working on this method since last Thursday (oct 13) but I don't know if it's working. I feel like it's waking her up more. When I gently pull off the nipple and put her down in her crib, she wakes up again and wants to be held/rocked to go back to sleep. She was up from 12 to 1 am and 3:45 to 5:30 last night.

i don't know if it's the method or if there's something bothering my LO. 
  • marwaaiad said:
    So I've been working on this method since last Thursday (oct 13) but I don't know if it's working. I feel like it's waking her up more. When I gently pull off the nipple and put her down in her crib, she wakes up again and wants to be held/rocked to go back to sleep. She was up from 12 to 1 am and 3:45 to 5:30 last night.

Uh oh! I've only started yesterday and it's been rough. This book was mentioned in preciouslittlesleep.com and I liked that there was an outline of a gradual plan to follow. I know my LO's sleep has been interrupted because of travel and he was able to do 6 or 7 hour stretches in the crib. Now it's a total mess with hourly wakings at night, constant nursing to sleep and refusal to sleep in the crib after the first stretch of sleep in the night.

Persevere until your ten days are up and evaluate the situation after. I hope that you see some improvement! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • marwaaiad said:
    So I've been working on this method since last Thursday (oct 13) but I don't know if it's working. I feel like it's waking her up more. When I gently pull off the nipple and put her down in her crib, she wakes up again and wants to be held/rocked to go back to sleep. She was up from 12 to 1 am and 3:45 to 5:30 last night.

There's a 6mo growth spurt and a wonder week around the same time, so those might be the culprit. Can't see how old your LO is because I'm mobile.
  • I never read the whole thing, but with my first it didn't work. I did a modified graduated cry it out. I couldn't do more than 10 minutes max cuz I just didn't feel right about letting her cry. But I also realized if she was crying more than that there was something she needed, be it a diaper change again, her pacifier fell out of the crib or she was still hungry or even lonely. And with the last thing the hardest of course trying to get her to sleep without rocking her. I decided to just rock her in that case cuz why not she wasn't going to be a baby forever. Anyway, the graduated CIO worked for her within a week, but keep in mind teething and sickness sets you back no matter the method so it'll be a continual effort. Good luck!
    I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!
  • I've stuck through the 'No Cry Sleep Solution' for the past ten days and just wanted to give an update. I don't know why it's called 'No Cry' since there were lots of tears involved! Anyhow, I needed to do something since DS has been waking up 4 or 5 times per night for two weeks and I can't always be bouncing and nursing him until he's fast asleep and then transfer him to the crib. Many of my mom friends also stressed that I better sleep train now that he's six months because it's going to be more of a struggle as he gets older. I wanted to try some gentler methods and the underlying message for 'No Cry Sleep Solution' is that you can comfort your baby however way you want but they've got to be in the crib awake. The first three days I only did 'drowsy but awake' for the night wakings. I nursed him and then put him in the crib. Of course DS protested so I would have to pick him up, soothe him the usual way and place him in the crib when he was calm. This was bloody exhausting! I also thought it was counterproductive to bounce until calm and then put him in the crib; I didn't want bouncing to be an option. From day 4 I did the pick up put down method from the baby whisperer. I also began drowsy and awake for bedtime. This was much more effective because the focus was on teaching DS how to self soothe. From day 5 I did pu/pd for naps too. Here is the ten day overview:

Day 1: 21 pu/pd, 5 night wakings 
    Day 2: 25 pu/pd, 4 night wakings
    Day 3: 20 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 4: 11 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 5: 6 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 6: 0 pu/pd (!), 2 night wakings 
    Day 7: 5 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 8: 13 pu/pd,2 night wakings
    Day 9: 3 pu/pd, 1 night waking
    Day 10: 5 pu/pd, 2 night wakings

It's far from perfect but I'm happy to report that DS can do a much longer stretch of sleep 5+ and he also did his first eight hour stretch on day 9. He can also go into the crib awake and attempt to self soothe. I noticed that the second night waking is usually around 5am so I'm going to adjust his sleeping schedule and put him to bed earlier. Naps are still over the place but we're working on it. He is very hard to read because he always seem to be cheerful even if he's dog tired.

Pu/pd (Baby Whisperer version) is working for us but it takes patience, commitment and earplugs. I will continue to work through the 6 phases in NCSS until DS is able to put himself to sleep with no intervention from me. Fingers crossed! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • redselig said:
    I've stuck through the 'No Cry Sleep Solution' for the past ten days and just wanted to give an update. I don't know why it's called 'No Cry' since there were lots of tears involved! Anyhow, I needed to do something since DS has been waking up 4 or 5 times per night for two weeks and I can't always be bouncing and nursing him until he's fast asleep and then transfer him to the crib. Many of my mom friends also stressed that I better sleep train now that he's six months because it's going to be more of a struggle as he gets older. I wanted to try some gentler methods and the underlying message for 'No Cry Sleep Solution' is that you can comfort your baby however way you want but they've got to be in the crib awake. The first three days I only did 'drowsy but awake' for the night wakings. I nursed him and then put him in the crib. Of course DS protested so I would have to pick him up, soothe him the usual way and place him in the crib when he was calm. This was bloody exhausting! I also thought it was counterproductive to bounce until calm and then put him in the crib; I didn't want bouncing to be an option. From day 4 I did the pick up put down method from the baby whisperer. I also began drowsy and awake for bedtime. This was much more effective because the focus was on teaching DS how to self soothe. From day 5 I did pu/pd for naps too. Here is the ten day overview:

Day 1: 21 pu/pd, 5 night wakings 
    Day 2: 25 pu/pd, 4 night wakings
    Day 3: 20 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 4: 11 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 5: 6 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 6: 0 pu/pd (!), 2 night wakings 
    Day 7: 5 pu/pd, 2 night wakings
    Day 8: 13 pu/pd,2 night wakings
    Day 9: 3 pu/pd, 1 night waking
    Day 10: 5 pu/pd, 2 night wakings

It's far from perfect but I'm happy to report that DS can do a much longer stretch of sleep 5+ and he also did his first eight hour stretch on day 9. He can also go into the crib awake and attempt to self soothe. I noticed that the second night waking is usually around 5am so I'm going to adjust his sleeping schedule and put him to bed earlier. Naps are still over the place but we're working on it. He is very hard to read because he always seem to be cheerful even if he's dog tired.

Pu/pd (Baby Whisperer version) is working for us but it takes patience, commitment and earplugs. I will continue to work through the 6 phases in NCSS until DS is able to put himself to sleep with no intervention from me. Fingers crossed! 
    So happy it's working out for you! 

Question: do you stay by the crib or do you leave after you've put him down?
    also, how far apart are your pick up/put downs from each other? 
  • @marwaaiad I stood by the crib and didn't leave until he was asleep. I put a chair beside his crib to make it easier. The longest session was about 45 minutes. Timing between pu/pds varied. Sometimes it would be seconds apart and sometimes 5 minutes. I didn't pick him up when he was mantra crying. It took me a while to figure out the difference. 
    Pregnancy Ticker