January 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 10/1725

What's new with your little babe this week? 
How many weeks are you? 
25 weeks. Baby is the size of a cauliflower, but more impressively (to me) my uterus is the size of a soccer ball. Dang. Baby girl continues to move around a ton, not able to feel much from the outside yet tho, maybe due to anterior placenta?

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 
Probably not. I did buy some Rubbermaid bins to start going through DD1 clothes and see what can be reused. She was born in August so I'm not sure how much will be appropriate for January/February other than onesies. 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

My diet legit sucks and I don't drink anywhere near enough water. I am going to try to improve in these areas , I'm feeling cruddier and increasingly tired and I'm sure that would help. 

When's your next appointment? 

Nov. 9th @ 28 weeks. I'll do the one-hour glucose test then. Failed last time. 

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc.

I haven't done anything. I read a lot of books last time, and I've seen multiple births as a nurse (and been through maternal health and childbirth courses) so maybe I feel like the information would be redundant? I had a scheduled c-section with DD1. We're planning for a VBAC this time but who knows, we didn't expect a C/S last time either until 36 weeks. Sometimes I'm worried I'm not prepping more and sometimes I think it will all work itself out. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 10/1725

• Options
    - I am noticing her kicks and punches way more now, and so is my fiancee. She is getting strong!
    How many weeks are you? 
    -27 weeks! Kind of crazy that there are only 13 weeks left (if that!)?! She is as big as a large bottle of Siracha............ Or a head of lettuce.
    -Continuing with fixing up her nursery/our house. We ordered nursery furniture two weeks ago so it is slowly starting to arrive. 
    -I think I am having frequent BH contractions. Rants: constipation sucks. 
    -10/25 for 28 week check and 1 hr glucose test!
    -We are taking a three part childbirth class, a breastfeeding class, and doing a tour of the hospital L&D/pre-registering for our stay! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    28wks today, Woohoo 3rd trimester!!! Baby boy with no name.
    i ordered my crib yesterday so hoping we like it when it arrives. I need to start getting ready for baby but I'm still nervous after 2 losses. I'm undecided how many clothes I want to buy to start with. Not sure how big this boy will be and don't want to have too much. 
    lots of anxiety this last week with extra watery discharge, 0pressure and contractions. I go to the dr at 1045 today so hoping for all good news. 
    Only prep we r doing is a tour of labor and delivery because it's a new hospital we are delivering at. I'm nervous as my first 3 babies were all born at the same hospital as I was but my dr no longer goes there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This will be my first ticker change! so Hi!

How many weeks are you? 
    27 weeks, Baby boy has decided that this will be the time of extreme partying. I'm constantly (aka - 5-6 times a day) getting kung-fu kicked in the bladder.

I think we've got set what we already need as this is baby #2 for us :) car seat purchased, crib assembled, outfits are hand-me-downs from big sister.

Posterior pelvic pain. That literal pain in the butt where I can't roll over in bed without a sharp shooting pain in my left buttock that goes all the way up my back. That could stop anytime now (although I know it's probably not going to and will in fact most likely get worse before my due date)

Nov. 7th @ 30 weeks. I'll do the one-hour glucose test then.

My birth prep was already having had a kid. I really didn't do much prep for the first one either, I just have hard stops of what are and are not within my acceptable range. Everything else is go with the flow. (it's much less stressful for me to not have to think about it)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks are you? 
    29 weeks! Seems like all the apps agree that baby is just getting bigger at this point. I felt a ton of movement yesterday, probably because I was so lazy all day :)

Working on the nursery. We just got all of the furniture. Will be hanging up some decorations and then finding a spot for all of the things that are in the closet. I want to set up the swing, rock n play, etc. soon so the dogs can get used to it and respect that it is not a toy for them and that it is off limits. Would like to do that buy this weekend at the latest. 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions

Really not all that much in the way of symptoms. I'll get a back ache if I'm too activity and if I'm doing too much bending. Also, I'll randomly get pain around my belly button, which is pretty uncomfortable. Had a touch of mild cramping this morning which threw me off a little, but I believe it's just stretching. 

Nov. 7th at 32 weeks. 

I'm reading a few books and my husband is reading the Birth Partner. We didn't anticipate hiring a doula, but now are very much considering it. We are interviewing two on Friday. We will go to our hospitals birth class in early December. If we do decide to go with the doula, we will also have two classes through them. 

Good luck at our appt @becid24
    Ugh @nolemama24 TMI I actually haven't been constipated, but I do have a hemorrhoid. So over that. 
  • Options
    @LoneStar21416 it really does suck. i just miss normal pooping! It is intense!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    only a day late.. 

How many weeks are you? 
    I am 26 weeks!( for me this pregnancy is flying by) Baby boy has been kicking up a storm, but he seems to be a very active baby compared to my 1st son. 

We had our contractor come over last night to get going on the renovation plans for our upstairs.  I am getting nervous on timing since I had my 1st son at 31 weeks.

I love how much this baby kicks, but man sometimes he kicks so hard it makes me jump! 
    I can't find anything that's comfortable to wear, when I come home from work the first thing I do is put my PJ's on. 

I am having terrible nightmares.  At least once a week I have a nightmare where I am at the doctors and something is wrong with the baby and they have to deliver,  I don't know if it's because I am getting closer to the time in my pregnancy that I had my 1st son or what, but these nightmares suck!

November 1st & 2nd Ultrasound for growth and OB app. 

I will be having a repeat c-section, due to my Bicornuate uterus.   
    BabyFruit Ticker